Public charter
Victorville, CA

Mojave River Academy 4

Posted May 10, 2014
I have attended Mojave River Academy in Palm Springs, CA for two years, and it is one of the most fantastic schools I have attended. However, this school is not for every student. You are responsible for your own attendance/turning in your own work, and if you are not driven to succeed, you will not. If your child is determined to succeed, this is the school for them.

Mojave River Academy 1

Posted February 15, 2013
As a former employee of Mojave River Academy, I know for a fact that students could get away with attending only once a month for an hour. They would have to produce a work sample for each class they were enrolled in. It was inadvertantly suggested for employees to "create" or "doctor" student work samples in order prove the student attended school. This would include changing of dates and trying to match the handwriting from a student's previous work sample. I know this because I tried to leave work on a Friday evening and was pulled back in the school by the directors and told I wasn't allowed to turn in my pile of student work samples which was short 3 students. I explained that those 3 students did not attend for the month and I had nothing to show for their work. I was told it was my paycheck and that I had to come up with something. The tutor on staff would log into Brain Pop using student log in credentials and take a quiz, print it out and hand it to me to forge the name and information. I have since left the teaching profession and now homeschool. To think I enrolled my own kids in that school while I taught there haunts me to this day. MRA is a shady place.

Mojave River Academy 5

Posted April 17, 2012
I was able to make up a year that I lost and got my grades up. If your committed you'll do great here.

Mojave River Academy 4

Posted January 04, 2012
This school is not for every student, but not every student is cut out for school. Mojave River Academy has made it possible for our son to graduate from high school, and move on to career training. We appreciate their flexibility and creativity, and could not have done it without their help.

Mojave River Academy 1

Posted May 15, 2011
Mojave River Academy Palm Springs is unsatisfactory across the board. I have disenrolled my child from that farce of a school.

Mojave River Academy 5

Posted April 07, 2009
This is a great school. They really work hard to meet the needs of my son.

Mojave River Academy