No rating

Tri-City Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 544 students

Living in Vista

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $239,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,320.

Posted November 10, 2013

I agree with all the postings in regards to Tri-City Christian. I am happy with the academics and moral education. I am very concern with the bullying atmosphere at this school, almost gang mentality by kids attending this school since Kindergarten, cruel, mean spirited and bullies. I enrolled a beautiful girl in with great skills and self esteem but I noticed significant change in her personality. NOT GOOD! She has been made fun of via internet, at school few girls are her friends because she is not part of their little circle because she is new and different(blended family). Her best friend is moving to Solana Beach same story, she invited my daughter to move-out of this school. I am going to get more involved but its hard with my schedule, As a parent I am super concern because she believes that she needs to be thought and strong if she stays? DON'T LIKE THIS I WANT MY DAUGHTER HAPPY!!!! I don't want to find a new school, I hope the pricipal addresses what bullying looks like:( frustrated parent

Posted November 1, 2013

Amazing college preparatory school that provides a good academic as well as moral base for all students K-12. Provides an exceptional education that prepares all students well for college, as well as offers college level classes at a higher degree of difficulty than even found within college system, preparing students for what they will face in the future of their education.

Posted October 27, 2013

We could not be happier. So glad we switched! Great teachers, wonderful administration, and tons of extracurriculars. Such a positive Christian environment. My kids love it!

Posted October 23, 2013

Solid academic college prep. Advanced course work. Caring staff Supportive, wholesome learning environment New facilities K-12, and our four kids attended all and enjoyed their time at TCCS. They look back with appreciation for their time there and felt they were well prepared for college. Administration is passionate about their vision of creating spiritual champions. Coaching is expert and develops outstanding character.

Posted October 21, 2013

TriCity Christian School is an incredible asset to the academic environment in North County. Along with solid Christian values, they provide quality academics (85%+ pass rate for AP classes), superb staff and highly competitive athletics. Offering smaller class sizes, educational and missionary trips which span the globe, and a safe family environment, TCCS is an exceptional value. All of my children attended TCCS K-12 and were well prepared for the 4 year universities they attended. It was the best investment we have ever made, for their education and their future. It is exciting to see the new building and field being completed. It will add strength to an already powerful program.

Posted October 20, 2013

The mission of Tri City Christian School is to "partner with parents to train up spiritual champions for Jesus Christ." As an involved parent at TCCS, this is my focus every day. Along with the rest of my brothers and sisters in the Lord, ( I am referring to staff, teachers, administrators and other parents) we strive to use our God given gifts and talents to serve Him. It is in this spirit of Christian community that my 2 children have grown academically, spiritually and socially. It is a privilege to call TCCS our home. My son was mentored by the best high school coaches and was well prepared for college. My daughter is taking part in sports and performing arts. With Jesus as the foundation of our school and our relationships, we run the race with fervor ... keeping our eyes on Him! BTW, if you would like to hear some testimonies about how the Lord is answering prayers at TCCS, ask us about our Master's Plan. There are great things happening at TCCS!

Posted October 19, 2013

My son has attended TCCS from 1rst to 9th grade. This school was a great choice when he was a little guy and I was a busy professional, and it remains awesome today. Private schools have had to make changes due to our suffering economy and TCCS is not an "elite" institution in terms of it's constituency. That is one of it's best features... It has a great mix to help our children learn some real world truths in a safe atmosphere. Reading prior reviews, I sense that some recent changes have been hard to swallow for some. Change always has detractors but to my way of thinking, TCCS is being purposefully and prudently managed. It was not always so, and I am thankful to tell you it is now. I have volunteered in many areas and am always finding points of pride. The teachers teach with Jesus in their hearts and their desire is to help the students excel. It is not easy to pay tuition when public school is paid by tax $, but really, where else should we invest our $ but in our child's hearts and minds? TCCS, with rigorous academics, inclusive athletics and elevating art programs is the best value in San Diego County to my way of thinking. Thank you, TCCS!

Posted August 11, 2013

GREAT friendships have been made. Teachers are caring and very capabale beyond a doubt. No perfect schools, perfect people. My family has had a great experience at TCCS, BUT the admin that has taken over the last 6 yrs has created a repressive spirit/low morale over our precious teachers! Things aren't so "Christian." You have to stick up for your brothers and sisters. We are called to stand for truth on all levels. If you only have a myopic view of your kids happiness than you will not relate to this review. Life is more than your kid "making the team" or "getting a scholarship". Forget sharing your concerns at school board meetings; you'll be labeled divisive. Don't get involved unless you want truth or you don't mind your kid getting a detention for having on the wrong collar, wrong socks, etc. It's provoking to teens; it puts a label on them as not being good enough and turns them from respecting "Christian" authority. They are judged for things Jesus could less about. Ask those who have retired and couldn't wait to leave after 20+ years if u want truth. My apologies to the teachers who remain faithful to our kids! You are priceless; God bless you! Missing Don Hulin!

Posted July 12, 2013

Finally a Christian school that puts The Lord first! We are so blessed to have our children involved in a school that is academically challenging, offers all sorts of sports and student activities, and communicates almost daily to the parents via email. I have a student in elementary, junior high, and high school. The school uniforms take a lot pressure off the stress of what to wear each morning.

Posted June 14, 2013

Teachers are great, but the environment is toxic. I almost cried when my daughter told me she felt like the world had been lifted off her shoulder when starting the new school year. She has increased self-confidence and self-esteem since leaving. She thought it was her fault the other students picked on her but has has no problems this year. TCCS is not the Christian environment I was expecting.

Posted June 4, 2013

We love TCCS! Our kids have grown and been challenged both acamediczlly and more importantly spiritually. Watching what has happened the past couple years with such great quality families coming to the school has really reinforced our decision to stay here until our kids graduate. So impressed by the quality of the kids who graduate with their opportunities.

Posted June 4, 2013

I went to this school from kindergarten to senior year (13 years) and played Football, Basketball, and Track and Field for the Eagles. After attending college I am proud to say that Tri-City Christian has prepared me immensely for college and provided me with skills and lessons I could apply to my life to keep me on the right path with my Christian faith. Also the Athletics get better and better every day winning more and more championships every-year due in part to the amazing Godly coaches i had the privelage of playing under. Also in response to the criticisims by some that our school is quote "Clique-y" and has "Bullying problems" after 13 years of being at the school I have not even once been victim to or even seen a hint of these but rather my senior class was always thanked for how much we welcomed younger kids and brought them up along side us. Most people that hold these complaints already have a predisposition towards Tri-City Christian for some unknown personal reason that is unrelated to the school. I could not have asked for a better Godly Christian Education than that I got of Tri-City Christian. ENROLL YOUR KIDS NOW they will thankyou later I promise :)

Posted September 28, 2012

After reading the comments, I was amazed. This school has one of the highest tuitions and it is only going to go up under the current administration. I took my daughter out of this school because of the bullying. My daughter used to come home crying every day and administration did nothing to help her. People are leaving because there is a problem. Wrong person in charge.

Posted September 7, 2012

We have 3 children at Tri-City. We just got out of chapel for our daughter. The Pastor talked about how Jesus is the bridge between death to life. The children sang and performed wonderfully. We feel The Spirit of community here. When one part of the body suffers, we suffer with them. When someone rejoices, we rejoice with them. Thank you, staff, for your continued commitment to HIM.

Posted September 5, 2012

We are extremely pleased with the school. It really is the lowest priced private school in the area. We did alot of research and found the price to be very reasonable. The teachers are amazing. It was neat to see that 100 percent of the students last year ALL went to very good colleges. They have a great program to prepare our children for college, starting even at 7th grade to help the students and guide them to the right career. Thanks Tri City, we love you.

Posted September 5, 2012

We have two children at tri city and are very happy. We love the new uniforms. We paid approx. $200 per child for the uniforms, less than what we pay for regular clothes at Justice. The teaching is Christ centered. Bullying is not tolerated. They assigned a family to us when we first started to make us feel at home. We are all family in Him.. I was so touched when a dad passed away last year and the whole school rallied around the family. Praise God for Prayer. By the way God hates those that cause division.

Posted September 5, 2012

LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! My son graduated in 2011, and my daughter is finishing 12th grade this year. I am pleased with the way the admin handles parent issues, and understand that issues/requests must be prioritized. Admin has been wonderful in accomodating my daughter's special needs to the best that it can. Teachers are available for help, and all go the extra mile for the kids. Although many parents don''t understand the concept of running the school as a business (even though it's very Christian), I applaud the decision, as it is absolutely necessary in order to run "in the black." My daughter is thriving, despite the work-load, because she is challenged, surrounded by like-minded kids who really care for her, and known by her teachers who reach out to help her often. Some families have been displeased for different reasons, but I am convinced that this school is an excellent choice for any family that has determined that a Christ-loving environment is what they want.

Posted June 22, 2012

We have 2 kids at TCCS, one on the elementary campus and one on the secondary campus. Our oldest attended another school when she was younger and we have been so happy with our decision to have both kids at the same place. There is an amazing presence of God's work at the school in the classrooms, activities, sports, and with the teachers. All you have to do is look at programs kids are offered, the missions they go on, and the impact they have in their communities, and it is clear what the focus is. Private school is an investment and when we see the quality of the kids who graduate each year, and relationships our family has with others at the school, we love the returns we have seen and look forward to many more.

Posted April 4, 2012

Both of my children currently attend this school and will not be returning. This is not a christian based school and they do not enforce rules. They care more about the children having the outwear with the TCCS logo than they do about the serious bullying problem that is happening. For the 2012-2013 school year, they have raised the tuition yet again and are forcing the parents to purchase uniforms thru a specific company so they can get kick backs. They are very greedy and I would not recommend this school!

Posted March 24, 2012

My son has been attending Tri City since his Kindergarten year. He is now in 7th grade. We are VERY happy! I read many comments on some of the difficult choices the school has had to make. I respect them! God calls us to be good financial stewards and as a result, yes, cuts had to be made. But I have NEVER had a teacher or leader at Tri City that did not show their love and support to my son. The encouragement and support has been amazing! Any teacher or coach my son has had shows their first priority - to Love his student as Christ does and to influence my son for for Christ. My son is excelling and becoming a Godly young man. I attribute a lot of this to the Godly influence he gets each day while at school. They say when you find a perfect school, church etc. leave! We'll ruin it... I keep hearing horror stories regarding the ungodly influence in the public school. I haven't seen any of it as of yet at Tri City! Thank you Lord for providing so miraculously for our boy to attend Tri City! Come, give it a peek, talk to parents and teachers & I'm sure you will find what we have!! May God bless you in your decision!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Clark Gilbert
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

302 North Emerald Drive