Posted June 26, 2014
We moved to walnut creek to give our children a better education. We have been so impressed at the community, teacher enthusiasm, and parent involvement. Our children are excited everyday to attend Murwood, they love all the teachers they've had, and have made amazing friends. We are proud to send our children to a school that is not only exceptional but maintains a diverse population. Our children are very prepared, thanks to Murwood for WCI, Los Lomas HS, and LIFE.

Posted April 17, 2014
Murwood is the best school for my kids! I have 3 kids and we have been in Murwood since 2007. Sure not all teachers & staff is perfect but what we like most about this school is the community. There are a lot of parent volunteers, we look out for each other's kids & everybody else will greet u with a smile. Most teachers know their students very well, offering alternative ways of learning using different websites. The staff are very friendly, even recognizing your voice when you call. Mrs. Nenni, the Principal, has such a gift of dealing with people. My kids feels so comfortable with her. She wanted them to know that she's their buddy who will keep them safe. Murwood is a great community where most people care about each other.

Posted November 24, 2013
It is easy to tell that the previous parent was one of a child with ongoing behavior problems. I am a parent of 3 children who attend and have attended MURWOOD. The staff is very caring and fair. They make every effort to work with all students and their families. Occasionally there is a child whose behavior at school is not conducive to learning and/or keeping students safe. Thank you MURWOOD for referring these children somewhere where they can get the help they need and others can go to school feeling safe and able to learn. The MURWOOD staff gets 5 stars from our family!

Murwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2013
The parents and teachers are gossipers. Supervision in the lunch room and playground is very poor. Kids don't have any manners and nobody teaches them. I've heard from one of the teacher's husband that Murwood tries to get rid of all challenging children by the time they need to enter 3d grade so the school has better reputation. The teachers are hysterical and lazy, they don't want to work on the classroom rules and the kids behavior. In stead of working with challenging kids they get them labeled and kid cannot succeed anymore, he is always bad. If you get disciplinary actions papers from the office ever day it means they've started it. Your child is a target! Even if your child wasn't the one who started the fight or conflict, the "bad kid" will be always in trouble!!! Save your children, don't send them to Murwood!!!

Posted March 04, 2012
I love Murwood. Having taught in a few other districts I have a great perspective on why it is such a great school. Having such a diverse population is a bonus, as students get to meet kids who are from around the world. The principal is highly trained in curriculum and is guiding the staff towards best practices for all students with remediation for the struggling learners, and acceleration for the advanced learners. The parent community is so supportive of the staff and students and works hard to be a partner in education. My own children went here and even though they were very different learners, both got just what they needed to be successful at the middle school level. Great place to work, great place to be a student.

Murwood Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2012
Murwood is a good school. Unfortunately since the new principal began 2 years ago, it has taken a turn for the worst. The principal seems very controlling and this is rubbing off on the staff. 90% of the teachers are very good at Murwood but it's is obvious that they are not happy under the new "leadership". The worry is this will drive away the good teachers. What Murwood has going for it is the outstanding parent involvement but even this is stifled by the principal. A lot of emphasis is placed on bringing below average students up to proficiency. So if your child is proficient or above, they tend to get ignored because that is not the principal's goal, which is unfortunate.

Posted July 26, 2011
Our younger son started Kindergarten in Murwood Elementary School last year. His older brother also went to this school, then WCI, Las Lomas High and he is in college now. We cannot stop to be impressed about quality of education, range of activities including extracurricular activities and events arranged by PTA, personal attention and close communication with teachers and, above all, our kids happiness and desire to learn and to go back to school after summer. The after school and summer program at Keyspot is fantastic as well. We are so lucky and happy to be part of this community and to be able to have our kids go to public school like this.

Posted September 16, 2009
Everyone from the teachers to the office staff is committed to helping kids suceed.

Posted November 06, 2008
My children are attending Murwood and I know it is the perfect place for them. teachers are warm and friendly. The school through the efforts of the Walnut Creek Education Fund and the PTA cover all those things that are missing these days from public school. The parent involvement is almost overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like a crappy parent because all the moms I see seem like super moms volunteering and such. The after school center is fun, but very loud and messy. It seems to be the place that kids want to be. The after school programs put on by the PTA are great. reasonably priced.

Posted October 05, 2007
My child has attended Murwood since Kindergarten and I have loved every minute. My child in my opinion is recieving the very best education possible. The teachers are diverse in their teaching style, the staff from the custodian to principal is approachable and friendly. The parents are enthusiastic and dedicated. the after school care facility Keyspot is great. I feel like the school is a home away from home.

Murwood Elementary School
2050 Vanderslice Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA  94596
Last modified Murwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Murwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top