Walnut, CA

Posted August 19, 2014
What a great updated school. Sad to say but this school with its modern updates and classroom IT devices makes other schools look really out of date. I am glad my daughter attends this school. Leadership, the principal, is very engaged and involved as are the parents. The IB program is wonderful - not only challenging academically but challenging to make students think more thoughtfully around the world around them. I am proud of the education my daughter is getting at CJ Morris!

Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
It seems to us that the teachers and staff are more dedicated now than they were 17 years ago when our daughter attended C. J. Morris So far we are very pleased with input from our granddaughters. So far!

Posted June 06, 2013
Cyrus J. Morris is an outstanding school - It offers the IB Primary Years Program, before school Chinese language class, and was named a 2012 Honor Roll Scholar School in 2013. CJ Morris Elementary offers a high quality education with dedicated teachers. CJ is under the exemplary leadership of Mrs. Donna Hunter. All students, whether gifted/talented or learning disabled are taught in a caring and encouraging environment .

Posted April 14, 2013
Glad to see new leadership at CJ Morris, which changed in February, 2013. Under the new leadership student behavior outside the classroom has already improved. Also the atmosphere around the school is more upbeat and positive.

Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
Not enough administrative involvement into the bullying and bully groups present at this school. Addressing the issue to one bully student is not effective if the bully is part of a small group. Issues are not reported unless brought up by the parent. Administration is only concerned that they have met all necessary state requirements on the issue, not looking deeper into whats really going on.

Posted December 04, 2009
This is an excellent school. The programs they offer are challenging and multi-dimensional. There are no shortages for equipments as every students have their own laptop. Plenty of extra-curreculm activities for parent involvement. So far, I have been very pleased with this school.

Posted August 21, 2009
CJ Morris is an amazing school! My boys enjoy going to school at CJM. The IB-PYP world school fosters well rounded students who exhibit good character traits and strive to do better. The teachers have high expectations of their students. The school offers various programs to help struggling students and challenge advanced students. Also there are many after school opportunities for all the students to engage in. The students are also encouraged to use technology and the school has laptops that are brought into the classroom for students to use. I highly recommend CJ Morris!

Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2009
CJ Morris is a very good school ! They have many programs available for struggling learners ! Technology Institute, Homework club, Summer School, and the Outreach Program, all of which my son was able to participate in. The office staff is very organized and friendly, this school is very Preofessional and structured. Highly recommend !

Posted July 22, 2008
I am very impressed with C.J. Morris Elem. The fact that it is an IB World school is just the beginning. It was a committed staff that put that program together and continue to find ways to improve their teachings. And now that the school is going to be modernized, it will have the upgrades in technology, utilities, and even storage space that it needs. The office staff is pleasant and has always offered their help whenever I or the community club has needed it. I am very excited that my children will continue to have such a wonderful experience in their primary years.

Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2008
I am very disappointed in the overall experience I'm having a Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School. My second child is going through the school now and my first in going into high school. The 'community feel' that once existed is GONE. I think a lot of this has to do with the principal. C.J. used to be kept clean at all times and all staff memebers were happy! Now, the hallways are a mess and some rooms are unkept. I pity the students who are in rooms that are filled with clutter. This is too distracting for learning. I'm happy that C.J. is an I.B. PYP school, however, I feel very strongly that it is taking away from the California State curriculum.

Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School
19875 East Calle Baja, Walnut, CA  91789
Last modified Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top