Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We came to Mesa from out of state and the bar was set extremely high. My kid's previous school was in a small town setting with involved parents, dedicated teachers, through the roof test scores, and all the funding it needed. Fast forward to the future! I am SO grateful my kids are at Mesa! This school has the same small town community feel. The principal and teachers give their heart and soul to the school and I couldn't be more grateful. Truly, it feels like a great big family. My kids are thriving and learning so much every day. The principal has high expectations for his teachers and that trickles down to the students. The staff is dedicated and enthusiastic. As an AP English teacher that sends students off to Ivy League schools yearly, I can say with confidence that your kids will be off to an excellent start at Mesa. I am among the pickiest of parents, and I am glad I picked Mesa. : )

Mesa is a great school the teachers and staff are very friendly and easy to approach. I have been a part of this school for 16 years now and I still love it. I have had a great parent-teacher- student relationship every year. The teachers are very caring and always available for help. The teachers all work together to give students the best learning experience possible. Some of the best memories I have are of my kids performing in different school plays, variety shows, field trips or just coming home excited about what they learned that day. I can't say enough great things about this school. The 2015//2016 school year was great I can't wait to see what next year brings!

My son began Mesa Elementary three years ago and I can't begin to tell you how happy we are with this school. I feel Mesa offers many programs and activities for their students. Most importantly they offer a safe and extremely comfortable school environment. My son has been very fortunate to have such wonderful and amazing teachers. The staff is very helpful, inviting and knowledgeable. The principal, Dr. Hert has been a great addition to Mesa Elementary. Mesa has been a blessing to our family and we are so glad to be part of this wonderful school!

Bullying is an overlooked issue at this school no matter the severity of the bullying. Students are fighting or tormenting others and the new principal sweeps it under the rug in hopes it will fade away. The Pta tries but the parent involvement is low. It picked up this year but there were some people who would make first timers uncomfortable. I witnessed a mom yelling at the office staff. There is very little to no teacher spiritin school activities. 2015/16 school year will be interesting especially with the new not quite nice PTA president. The new principal has A LOT of work to do to make everyone feel welcome, parents and students.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Kindergarten and 5th grade are amazing!! The first grade teachers do a good job of teaching the kids tobe responsible.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They do not encourage the students to support each other. There are no consequences for those students that violate the rights of their fellow classmates.

Great School all around, great teachers who care. Please keep up the good work Mesa!

This school was satisfactory for the first year my child was enrolled. However, the second year, during the second year the experience was less than adequate. The school has a fundraiser every two weeks that you absolutely must participate in or your child is not treated equally. This is an average of $50-100 monthly just on "donations" and fundraisers. This school does not respect the church and state separation. I was very disappointed with religious symbols in the year book, the Halloween festivities masked as a "Book Parade", and the numerous religious songs in the school recitals, demanding my child to state "under god" in the pledge, and telling him he was drawing devils on his folder. Granted the API is high but the ethics an how they treat their students and the right of those students needs to be taken into consideration.

School is open and anyone can walk in during recess to see your child. The office does not keep track of people coming in and off of the campus. The doors of the classrooms are locked during school hours, but during rest periods there are no gates keeping the students in and other people out.

The school has a great parent, teacher relationship. The parents enjoy participating in school events. The principal is always open to everyone and warm hearted to the students.

Last modified Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.