West Covina, CA

Orangewood Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2014
We just recently moved from a different county this month and my boys already love their school. Teacher's are great, principle is very nice.

Posted August 17, 2011
I had went 2 orange wood 2years ago and am now in 7th grade, I have 2 admit it is a great school but it is really boring... They don't have very many fun opportunities and care to much on testing, they have great teaches but in fourth grade I would prefer not to go their!(the most horrible 4th grade teachers EVER)the principal is really cheap and the food is alright BUT in fifth grade you will have one of the best year ever by the way if u are in fifth grade get mrs. shmier I LOvE her!!!

Posted August 30, 2010
I have to say I was very upset when I found out that my 3rd grade daughter was receiving 2nd grade homework without being told. In reality my daughters should have been in 2nd grade reason being her birthday is Dec 10th and the cut off is Dec 2nd. She was struggling with reading and language. I was advised to put her back in 2nd grade being it would be best for her. Both my husband and I agreed to retained on the understanding it was in her best interest . A couple of weeks after we received a letter by mail that our inter district application would be terminated. The reason my daughter was late and absent quite a few times. I beg the principal to give us another chance but all she care to say was that my daughters performance was affecting the school and test scores.

Orangewood Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2010
i must admit this school seem's to only care about test and reading score's. not only that the teacher's treat the parents like dirt. they are very rude. and to top it off were not even allowed to walk our own child to class in the morning. and if u do u get yelled at by a man in the hall way. if u like being treated like this. bring your child to this school. because they will do the job!

Orangewood Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted August 24, 2009
Great reading program and staff consistenly review the academic performance of the students. They are taught to their level, ie some 3rd graders have 5th grade math, etc. Inconsistancies: There is a uniform policy that we were informed would be upheld when my child entered this school 2 years ago. To date, most kids do not wear uniforms and my child has never been sent home for wearing street clothes. We are told the school is focusing on raising test scores, so the children are not allowed holiday classroom parties nor are they allowed to dress up on Halloween. (though the API scores are above standard) It is ironic that they strictly enforce the no costumes on Halloween, which is once a year and yet daily enforcement of the uniforms is not enforced and the daily wear of some of the kids is more inappropriate than a costume.

Orangewood Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2009
My son went to this school for kindergarten and 1st grade. The reading program is great.

Orangewood Elementary School 5

Posted March 19, 2009

Orangewood Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
This school focus to much on the test & reading scores. Principal and some of the adminstration need to improve. I pulled my child out of this school. Due to being harrased by a employee.

Orangewood Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2008
Overall, this school has made significant advances in academic achievement. However, the principal and administration focuses WAY too much on reading and those 'all-important' test scores. My child, a third grader, is lucky to get an hour a week of physical education or science and is beginning to hate school! This school has no music education program and if it has a computer lab, my child's class never attends.

Orangewood Elementary School
1440 South Orange Avenue, West Covina, CA  91790
Last modified Orangewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orangewood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top