Whittier, CA

Posted September 03, 2013
My eldest son has completed one academic school year at Ceres Elementary. May I say I was completely satisfied with his academic achievement. He had a wonderful teacher who helped him reach his full potential. He has now entered his second academic school year and I'm extremly pleased so far with the start of this new school year. My youngest son is currently enrolled in their full day kindergarten program which is exceptional. The principal is great, the teachers are well qualified and the PTA here is the best! I'm currently not enrolled in PTA but I can clearly see all the effort put into the school by them. They have plenty of fundraisers and many incentives to motivate our children to help reach their full potential and want to go to school everyday. This new school year Ceres has incorporated valet drop off service in the mornings which is awesome. The congestion has reduced significantly because of this service offered by volunteers. I'm a proud parent of Ceres Elementary.

Posted January 31, 2012
The best interest of the student is the focal point of this school. They are so helpful and whenever we need aid in any area of study or school behavior concerns they are right on top of things. Thank you Mrs. Sanders.

Posted January 30, 2012
My son goes to this school and started in Kindergarten with a combo class. He has excelled in all subjects. He is currently in 1st grade and on 7th level sight words and reading in the middle of school year 2nd grade level. The entire staff is so caring and enthusiastic about their children and their school. I am so proud to have my son there and feel blessed that all of my children will get to go to such a wonderful school.

Ceres Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2009
My child goes to Ceres she is a 4th grader. This school has improved so much the last couple of years. Ceres PTA this year seem to be starting off on a good foot. I love the new T-Shirts I am glad that the brought that back. The new PTA board seems to really care about the kids this year. With the events that they have planned, I know my daughter is excited about the new events they have planned. One thing that I do notice and have noticed is the lack of teacher involvement. At my godchild s school events you see almost 100% of teacher involvement. Also that we never have Saturday events I would like to see more Saturday events.

Posted March 17, 2009

Ceres Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2006
The teaching staff has changed in the passed couple of years, test scores are up and my two boys love it there. The lower grades, 1st and 2nd have the greatest teachers.

Ceres Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2005
The level of parent involvement is rising as compared to what it was about two to three years ago. Overall I would say that its a good school to send your kids to. However, there could be more investment in the arts and music programs.

Ceres Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2004

Ceres Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2004
I took my son out of Ceres School after 2nd grade. Ceres school is less than satisfactory. I spoke to his teacher about various issues and all she could do was shrug her shoulders and say that they are doing what the State requires. I went to the priciple about various issues and would only receive a phone call after about 3-4 messages and then eventually she never would return my call. My son was picked on at the school because he was the minority (blonde hair, blue eyes) and school personnel did nothing to protect him. I am very dissappointed in this school and would never recommend it to any parent who value their childs education or well-being!

Ceres Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2004
I would like to see teachers keeping to the basics in learning. If not the basic at least issue instructions along with the homework so that we as parents can help them. Children concept the learning process quickly however at times need more guidance this is where we come in as parents. Slow down in pushing everything into a short period of time and focus on the neccessities and basic studies. School to our kids is new, elementary is the beginning of the new venture. - Diana Rivera

Ceres Elementary School
10601 South Ceres Avenue, Whittier, CA  90604
Last modified Ceres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ceres Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top