Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 13, 2016
I completed my student teaching hours at this school and many other observation hours as well. I was pleased every time I set foot on this school campus. I have been shown a lot of love from the teachers and principal as well. The teachers are of the utmost integrity and the principal is a great leader over this school. I love how the teachers implement many strategies for the students to help them understand what they are learning better. The school personnel are so friendly and caring. I am proud to say that I am a Substitute teacher for East Whittier School District and this is by far my favorite school to sub at. I would recommend this school for anyone.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 13, 2016
I would love to say thank you to Mr. Enrique Chacon for being a strong supporter in my life for becoming a teacher and an awesome master teacher!

Posted June 22, 2014
Happy to say that I am a proud parent that has his kid in Evegreen Elementary School a Distinguished School!!!

Posted October 04, 2013
My son is a First grader this year and the involvement the teachers have with the students is AMAZING!!!! The teachers go above and beyond to help with any concerns I might have about my son. The principal as well plays a great part in the great staff they have at Evergreen.I am proud to be a part of this school. Just wished I would see more parent involvement with all the activities and meetings Evergreen has.

Posted September 23, 2013
I attended Evergreen Elementary and loved it. My daughter is now in 2nd grade at Evergreen, and could say the same. Ms. Barrios and Mrs. Holmes are GREAT teachers. This year she's in Ms.Roberton / Mrs.Anaya class and she loves it. I can't believe that Mrs.Tavitian knows every students name, as you could see I love Evergreen Elementary, and don't understand the negative comments people. We as parents need to help our kids, don't sit and wait for teachers to do all the work. Communicating with our kids teacher's helps alot.

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2013
I'm glad I took my son out of this school. They only have about two teachers that care, the rest are only there to collect a check. I still don't know why they have not fired Mr. Chacon worst teacher ever allows kids to be bullied. Ms. Tavitian is a nice lady but clueless. My sons new school is amazing you can feel and feed off of the positive energy the Teachers and Staff put out. A feeling never felt at Evergreen, my son is much happier now and no longer fears for bullies as there are nine at his new school.

Posted August 30, 2013
I love Evergreen for being a college bound model school. Mr. Chacon really brought out the best in my daughter in 1st grade. As for my other daughter, Ms. Almaraz and the other 4th grade teachers did an amazing job getting my daughter prepared for her CST exams and offering help that she needed. Mrs. Tavitian is an incredible principal that cares about her staff and students. My daughters and I look forward to another great school year at Evergreen. Go dragons!

Evergreen Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2012
Unsatisfied. The staff are not that friendly. When trying to resolve an issue, the principal tends to turn blame (blame that has nothing to do with the initial issue) onto the parent or student. I read a few reviews that mention their kids come home confused about homework. Yep, I have that issue too. They don't have many activities that include the family. It just doesn't have a community/family feel. I'm actually in the process of transferring my child to another school.

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2010
I am an alumni of Evergreen Elementary (currently hold my BA & am working on my credentials) & i am very happy to say that they were a great, welcoming school and have made great progress. My younger sister graduated from everygreen & now attends East Whittier Middle School. She is doing great, A/B student, thanks to the great foundation her teachers created at Evergreen. Both of my nieces are currently attending Evergreen & they are also doing GREAT & loving school & their teachers. Thanks to all the friendly, helpful staff. I highly recommend you become part of the DRAGON family, and remember that you as parents are the first and best teachers your child can have.

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2010
My child just graduated from Evergreen. He had a great experience. The teachers and principal are wonderful. Absolutely love this school!

12915 East Helmer Drive, Whittier, CA  90602-3232
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.