Whittier, CA

Posted October 04, 2013
My son is a First grader this year and the involvement the teachers have with the students is AMAZING!!!! The teachers go above and beyond to help with any concerns I might have about my son. The principal as well plays a great part in the great staff they have at Evergreen.I am proud to be a part of this school. Just wished I would see more parent involvement with all the activities and meetings Evergreen has.

Evergreen Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2013
I attended Evergreen Elementary and loved it. My daughter is now in 2nd grade at Evergreen, and could say the same. Ms. Barrios and Mrs. Holmes are GREAT teachers. This year she's in Ms.Roberton / Mrs.Anaya class and she loves it. I can't believe that Mrs.Tavitian knows every students name, as you could see I love Evergreen Elementary, and don't understand the negative comments people. We as parents need to help our kids, don't sit and wait for teachers to do all the work. Communicating with our kids teacher's helps alot.

Posted September 20, 2013
I'm glad I took my son out of this school. They only have about two teachers that care, the rest are only there to collect a check. I still don't know why they have not fired Mr. Chacon worst teacher ever allows kids to be bullied. Ms. Tavitian is a nice lady but clueless. My sons new school is amazing you can feel and feed off of the positive energy the Teachers and Staff put out. A feeling never felt at Evergreen, my son is much happier now and no longer fears for bullies as there are nine at his new school.

Posted August 30, 2013
I love Evergreen for being a college bound model school. Mr. Chacon really brought out the best in my daughter in 1st grade. As for my other daughter, Ms. Almaraz and the other 4th grade teachers did an amazing job getting my daughter prepared for her CST exams and offering help that she needed. Mrs. Tavitian is an incredible principal that cares about her staff and students. My daughters and I look forward to another great school year at Evergreen. Go dragons!

Posted March 31, 2012
Unsatisfied. The staff are not that friendly. When trying to resolve an issue, the principal tends to turn blame (blame that has nothing to do with the initial issue) onto the parent or student. I read a few reviews that mention their kids come home confused about homework. Yep, I have that issue too. They don't have many activities that include the family. It just doesn't have a community/family feel. I'm actually in the process of transferring my child to another school.

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2010
I am an alumni of Evergreen Elementary (currently hold my BA & am working on my credentials) & i am very happy to say that they were a great, welcoming school and have made great progress. My younger sister graduated from everygreen & now attends East Whittier Middle School. She is doing great, A/B student, thanks to the great foundation her teachers created at Evergreen. Both of my nieces are currently attending Evergreen & they are also doing GREAT & loving school & their teachers. Thanks to all the friendly, helpful staff. I highly recommend you become part of the DRAGON family, and remember that you as parents are the first and best teachers your child can have.

Evergreen Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2010
My child just graduated from Evergreen. He had a great experience. The teachers and principal are wonderful. Absolutely love this school!

Posted April 21, 2010

Posted March 02, 2010
My son is 9yrs old with ADHD. My sons teacher is very good with him, but if he has to go to the office because of his acting out due to his ADHD. The principal is very uneducated on how to handle children with disabilities. If any child is a slight problem she wants to ship them out to other schools. I'm very unsatisfied with this school.

Evergreen Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
I am a happy parent for this school, has a good principal than worries for the well being of the students.

Evergreen Elementary School
12915 East Helmer Drive, Whittier, CA  90602
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top