Posted August 08, 2014
My children and grandchildren have attended Scott Avenue over the past 23 years. In all categories it has remained excellent the entire time. Parental and community involvement is also very high. I would definitely recommend Scott Avenue School if you desire a caring and competent environment for your children.

Posted June 02, 2014
Scott Avenue is a wonderful school. Mrs Marquez (1st gr) is the BEST. Kind, compassionate, fair and honest. Sets realistic goals to her students. Office staff are needing a refresher course on communication with parents but overall they are great. The increase in class size because of "Inter District Permits" and "budget" has hindered us. But these teachers make miraculous happen with what they are given, even if it's out of pocket. Parents could volunteer a lot more.

Posted April 14, 2014
The staff is amazing. The teachers are most than willing to talk to parents outside of their regular hours. There are notifications to parents via voice mail messages regarding news and events. My child loves this school and feels safe there.

Posted April 01, 2014
Scott Ave has a great principle and teachers. My son is learning and has not had any problems. I am happy with this school for my children.

Posted October 20, 2013
I'm very happy with this school. Staff is very dedicated. Parents are highly encouraged to get involved. The budget hinders this school from being even better. Thanks Scott Avenue my kids love their school!

Posted June 30, 2012
I have the fondest memories of this school. I had Miss Dietrich in Kindergarten. All of my brothers went to this school as well. We were in this school until 6th grade and then on to Granda Jr. High. We had the best teachers, and so much fun! All of us went on to graduate with only the best of memories of school. Thank-you to the staff then and now! All the Best, Janet Stevens

Posted August 01, 2011
I love this school! I was in Mrs. Pettibone's Kindergarten class in 1962! It was a good school then Mrs. Pettibone could teach you to skip like noone else! She was about 150 years old too!

Scott Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
I have two children that just started attending this school in September. My kids are from a private school and I was not thrilled that the economy force me to have to put them in public school. But, I must say this is a great public school. I am very impressed with the school academicly and My kids love it. I now have a different outlook on public schools.

Posted October 28, 2009
My two children attend this school one in 2nd and one in 3rd. We came from another district and they love this school. The teachers have been wonderful and they really enjoy attending school. I am very happy that my children get to attend such a great school.

Posted September 16, 2009
I can't imagine a better elementary school than Scott Avenue. I have 2 boys who either have attended or are attending Scott currently. The teachers are very dedicated and care about all the students. And Mrs. Weiss, the principal, is the best there is around. She personally signs all the students report cards and gives them positive feedback. Yes- each and every students report card she comments on. That is how above and beyond the principal and staff go to ensure your children will be successful. Scott Avenue is a great school.

Scott Avenue Elementary School
11701 Scott Avenue, Whittier, CA  90604
Last modified Scott Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scott Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top