Whittier, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 27, 2014
I read one of the reviews and I was shocked to hear how one parent described Phelan School! He/She must have it confused with a different Phelan School! My daughter is a 4th grader and has attended Phelan since kindergarten. My son will begin Phelan next year in the dual immersion program.The office staff is always friendly and inviting. They speak both English and Spanish as needed to parents. The teachers are amazing and work closely together. The culture with students, principal, parents, and teachers is always upbeat even though I know how hard it is to work with kids all day long. They help kids when they are struggling academically and challenge the high achievers. My daughter was identified with a learning disability and was helped immediately by the principal, school psychologist, RSP teacher, and her classroom teacher. I can't begin to say how much her outlook has changed! She loves her school and friends. We love to attend the great activities they offer to help parents learn about Math, science, and the new common core standards! If you have kids and want them to learn in two languages, send them to Phelan!

Daniel Phelan Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
My son use to go there and I pulled him out. This lady in the office was talking rude to the kids, and was disrespecting to parents. I had to tell her to change her ways cause she shouldn't be acting like that , there our other jobs out there if she not happy. The principal is not all their, you ask her something and she takes 20 min to answer you, and if you have to speak to her regarding a matter she takes 8 months to talk to you. The teachers there always look unhappy with there jobs. My son went to kindergarten and had a hard time cause he said the teacher was always picking on him and when I tried to talk to her she avoided me. All they do is ask for stuff and your help so they don't have to do there job. Some teachers don't even show up and give your kids bad grades. If you can get a permit for another school do it. Don't send your child here.

Posted June 06, 2013
My son attends Daniel Phelan in Whittier California since Kindergarten. We are very happy with the staff and the education he is receiving. He loves the school and his friend, especially his teacher who has been with him since 1st grade. We have seen how much he has grown academically.

Daniel Phelan Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2010
This school may have wonderful teachers. It just depends on the luck of the draw. However, the administration staff is uncaring, unknowledgable about the community and unwilling to learn! We are moving out of the community in order to find a better school district for our child. If you can obtain a permit and take your child out of the district, do it! You and your child will be happier elsewhere!

Posted June 29, 2010
A few of my family members have attened and the outcome was very positive results.The teacher go beyond the call of duty for the children.They will work with any child who is struggling and make time for each child

Posted June 29, 2010
My son just loves the school kingarten here was the greatest decision i made.There are friendly staff and teacher above all the princpal and parent make it a great experiance

Posted June 29, 2010
My children are going to 1st & 3rd grade class sizes are great teacher work with parents.Teacher are helpful and deligent in helping our children learn

Posted June 29, 2010
I'm glad i took my aunts advice and put my daughters in this school. She has learned very many things my daughter is going to 1st grade and is very advance for her age group my youngest daughter is attending in the fall.

Posted June 29, 2010
I can even explain how happy this school has made my son and daughter then just love thier teacher and friends.The staff is great they keep my children safe and anwer any questions..They have attended since kindergarten

Posted October 04, 2009
The rating Daniel Phelan Elementary School received does not reflect the outstanding school that it is! It received a 4 out of 10 based on state test results. The staff, support staff, and parents work together to ensure that every student succeeds in a safe, happy, and nurturing environment. My children attended Daniel Phelan and are now successful young adults. I worked as an instructional aide and as a teacher at Daniel Phelan Elementary School. It is truly a great shcool!

Daniel Phelan Elementary School
7150 South Cully Avenue, Whittier, CA  90606
Last modified Daniel Phelan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniel Phelan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top