Posted May 13, 2014
My child has been at St Bruno's for several years. We have seen a great shift in leadership and parental involvement. We went through a rough patch but I must say the results have been spectacular. It seems a lot of the negative influences that prevailed in the past have dissipated. The campus is more secure, the school is a leader in use of technology, the tough grading scale truly pushes kids who want to excel and parent participation is once again flourishing. In the upper grades, the teacher student ratio is fantastic. It seems many of the students that were having a challenging time achieving academic success have left and the remaining kids are exceptionally bright. We did loose a lot of bright kids as well, but many more remain. As for leadership, the principal is truly involved in creating a superior learning environment. We have seen 3 principals come and go and the current one is doing an amazing job and bringing about positive change. I can't say much about the previous 2... Go Tigers!

Posted April 16, 2014
As my daughter's second year in St. Bruno's done. I as well as her are very happy at St. Bruno's. She started when all the chaos erupted and I did not know what I was going to do. But I am so glad we stayed. St. Bruno's has improved so much in just under a year and a half. The education the children are receiving is amazing, the use of technology in the classrooms daily is so important, the teachers and staff are friendly and caring, the parents are happy and working as a team. Overall, my expectations are being met and I am very happy to see my daughter flourish at St. Bruno's. Every school has its rough times. But we are honestly loving our time at St. Bruno's. Such a great school. Highly recommend it!

Posted March 12, 2014
Saint Bruno School is way ahead with academic standards and incorporation of technology. The school had a turn around of teachers and the new staff is a great improvement to parents and community. Parents feel more welcome and students are learning at a faster pace. Teachers are smiling and working as a team to support student learning.

Posted June 19, 2013
Do your research, read the Whittier Daily News, google the issues. Not what it used to be, enrollment from 300 now at 90 and moving lower. Former teacher quality was high, have to give a one star now, as the staff has been in a mass exodus.

Posted June 18, 2013
The new principal has single handedly destroyed what was once a great school. She has made it so bad that we are willing to drive twice the distance to another school and pay $4000.00 more a year for a better education. St Brunos education is barely surviving on a diminishing reputation.

Posted May 22, 2013
A little over a year ago I would have rated this school 5 stars across the board-new principal came in mid last year and come Sept 2012 lots of changes came. Not for the better. For the first time in St B. history they have advertised that they are still accepting new applications. Our school used to have a waiting list. That is because several (almost half) of the students will not be returning next year. My children are two of them. This was the hardest decision I have ever had to make but I had no choice. It's disappointing and sad-so many good families leaving. The parent involvement was amazing but no longer. You would think smaller classes are a good thing but how will they pay for quality teachers with half of the enrollment that they had this year? Kind of a sketchy time to join this school...I would wait a few years and reevaluate then.

Posted April 20, 2013
St. Brunos used to be a great school, up until the new principal took over. Enrollment has dropped from about 320 students to just a little over 150 for the upcoming 2013-14 school year. WOW! This is horrible - you don't want your child in that environment. The administration has taken the school down which used to be top notch. Check out the surrounding Catholic schools. Too bad one person started such a cover up and the children and long time families have to pay the price.

Posted February 28, 2013
Beware, do your reaseach. There are plenty other Catholic schools who actually follow the virtues, are organized, loving, and provide good academics. We had two children at this school and this schools trickle down "bad attitudes" and disregard to parents and children input really does not warrant any more stars. Just check it out once you get through the crazy security and experience the front office staff I assure you, you'll want to take your hard earned money elsewhere. Learn from our big mistake. Parent involvement is scored high because you are charged big money if you don't comply and your constantly reminded. Not good reinforcement.

St. Bruno Parish School 2

Posted February 16, 2013
I think the majority of teachers are great at this school. However, due the recent events at this school, the instruction and attention to the students has suffered greatly.Otherwise I would give this school 5 stars. Hopefully it can get back on track in the future.

St. Bruno Parish School 2

Posted February 14, 2013
If you want a straight up secular education this school is great. But we are paying for a Catholic education as well and this school is failing. The administration does not listen to parents and the new principal with the support of the pastor is "cleaning house" at the expense of great teachers and most sadly the children. Do your research when you consider this school.

St. Bruno Parish School
15700 Citrustree Road, Whittier, CA  90603
Last modified St. Bruno Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Bruno Parish School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top