Posted January 26, 2015
I attended this school in the 70's and early 80's. My kids attend St. Bruno now. We were there when the change of administration happened. It was a rough time, but the current principal has stuck to her beliefs and love for our children and the school is thriving now. The number one-A goal is to teach the children about God and to live life in a way that will help get them to Heaven. The number one-B goals is the academics. We are the first in the area with 1-1 technology and the kids are doing extremely well. Also the new principal brought an incredible educational psychologist to the school that has helped my son (who has a learning disorder) to have confidence and help him to achieve his academic goals. Children of all academic levels are welcome at this school. The school really has both my kids' best interest at heart and is doing everything they can to help them succeed in school and in life.

Posted January 24, 2015
It is very encouraging to see the students at their weekly school Mass. The older students sit with the younger students and show them how to follow along in the song books. Students do a fine job of leading with the readings, singing and prayers of intercession. They also look very nice in their new uniforms. As a parishioner, I think they are a credit to the community.

Posted January 24, 2015
In the years that have passed since my grandson graduated from St. Bruno, I can see how his education there set the foundation for the rest of his life. He acquired excellent study habits and the drive to use his talents. He learned about his faith and I can see that his outlook on life is guided by that faith. I thank his teachers for the fantastic job they did. Catholic education is, in my opinion, one of the best kept secrets in this country.

Posted January 24, 2015
When I saw what the school has done with Chromebooks for each child, I was very impressed. I think that St. Bruno's is leading the way not only in teaching students how to love God and each other, but also in helping them to go ahead academically when they are ready and giving them extra support when they struggle. A parent couldn't ask for more.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 24, 2015
Having seen the enthusiasm and effort put into upgrading the school's infrastructure, and having been part of the upgrade to the first fiber-optic Internet connection for a school in this area, I take great pride in knowing that when I go to observe the students, they are doing incredible work that uses the Internet as it should be used. St. Bruno's is teaching these students how to become good digital citizens - something that is sorely needed today in every school and every home. Good work!

Posted January 21, 2015
I am very impressed with the quality of the education at St. Bruno School. The students are polite, friendly and enthusiastic. The teachers and administration put in extra time to help children learn. Kids are excited with the one-to-one technology and there is a positive climate at the school. Five stars!

Posted January 21, 2015
A graduate writes: I graduated from St. Bruno last year. In high school, St. Bruno students are recognized as exceptional citizens in our classrooms, schools and communities. Speaking of the top-notch academics at St. Bruno's, my fellow graduates have made our school proud with students winning top scholarships to prestigious high schools. Through our Program of School Family Units, younger children are guided by older students. Through service projects, junior high students learn the many ways they can give back in their local communities. St. Bruno's medaled in 3 events at the Academic Decathlon Competition; won League in football, basketball and soccer; and has expanded the Transitional Kindergarten program. We are grateful for an administration and faculty that stays abreast of the changes in the field of education. Our 1-to-1 Technology Program integrated through every classroom, from 8th grade down to the TK level, not only enhances the curriculum, but benefits our students in preparation for high school. Thank you and Go St. Bruno Tigers!
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 13, 2014
My child has been at St Bruno's for several years. We have seen a great shift in leadership and parental involvement. We went through a rough patch but I must say the results have been spectacular. It seems a lot of the negative influences that prevailed in the past have dissipated. The campus is more secure, the school is a leader in use of technology, the tough grading scale truly pushes kids who want to excel and parent participation is once again flourishing. In the upper grades, the teacher student ratio is fantastic. It seems many of the students that were having a challenging time achieving academic success have left and the remaining kids are exceptionally bright. We did loose a lot of bright kids as well, but many more remain. As for leadership, the principal is truly involved in creating a superior learning environment. We have seen 3 principals come and go and the current one is doing an amazing job and bringing about positive change. I can't say much about the previous 2... Go Tigers!

Posted April 16, 2014
As my daughter's second year in St. Bruno's done. I as well as her are very happy at St. Bruno's. She started when all the chaos erupted and I did not know what I was going to do. But I am so glad we stayed. St. Bruno's has improved so much in just under a year and a half. The education the children are receiving is amazing, the use of technology in the classrooms daily is so important, the teachers and staff are friendly and caring, the parents are happy and working as a team. Overall, my expectations are being met and I am very happy to see my daughter flourish at St. Bruno's. Every school has its rough times. But we are honestly loving our time at St. Bruno's. Such a great school. Highly recommend it!

Posted March 12, 2014
Saint Bruno School is way ahead with academic standards and incorporation of technology. The school had a turn around of teachers and the new staff is a great improvement to parents and community. Parents feel more welcome and students are learning at a faster pace. Teachers are smiling and working as a team to support student learning.

St. Bruno Parish School
15700 Citrustree Road, Whittier, CA  90603
Last modified St. Bruno Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Bruno Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top