No rating

Cornerstone Christian

Private | K-12 | 256 students

Living in Wildomar

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $196,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

Posted Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Seems the school is unable to retain good teachers. Another year of shuffle and change. In addition, the number of International students is on the rise and American students on decline. How anyone teaches students let alone passes them in classes where teachers are not bi-lingual in Korean or Chinese is beyond me. These students cannot read nor write in English, yet are graduating this school. Seems to be a school based on buying a degree; a high school diploma mill. Scary, all in the name of God such dishonesty and lust for money.

Posted June 12, 2014

All the middle school teachers have been amazing. Thank you for a great year! I hope you all have a wonderful summer. See you next year.

Posted September 26, 2013

Disappointed in lack of honesty and integrity. Community Care Licensing wrote us this school for operating without a license. Jr Kindergareten was shut down! Children were brought in with the false pretense that they were operating above board and with a license. It is a CHRISTIAN school afterall. This is all verifiable/public record. Mrs. Privett stated she thought she was exempt, due to integrated Kindergarten. Yet, that did not go into effect until this year. What about the past five years, Mrs Privett? 3 year old children mingled into the mix, the dollar is mightier then God at this school. Just count the imigrant visa's located here! Yikes! Not safe, not honest, not ethical, if this is what leadership exhibits, that explains teachers moral conduct reports. Parents had to find new school. Seems that the same old regime is running things" below the line", and behind locked doors. Do you not wonder why only office staff is kept safe and locked up and anyone could gain access to the children? Strange place and moving on out.. Public Record on all stated above,contact CCS ( Community Care Licensing) to verify, located in Riverside Ca.Substatiated closures for lack of license.

Posted June 28, 2013

We have been at CCS for 8 years, and we just have to go on the record in saying that there have been so many positive improvements made to this school since the current principal has joined the staff. Many programs have been added that support student learning, like AR Reading, more Advanced Placement classes, the AWESOME performing arts program, technology classes, computer lab, new library, the AMAZING Washington/New York trip, and many more. When we started at the school we got a good school.....now we think we are at a GREAT school, and the principal and teachers have made it that way.

Posted June 27, 2013

My daughter's first year at Cornerstone Christian School was such a success I'm sending her there all summer long! They have a great summer daycare program that continues their education and includes fun activities! My daughter loves the staff and all the new friends she has made. She is having so much fun she doesn't realize that she is learning. The school is under construction to enhance security features for the upcoming year....this is exciting news for anyone with children in school. If you have CONSTRUCTIVE comments or concerns you should join the parent, teacher, fellowship group they have each year! It's a great way to be heard and make positive changes for our kids. -one happy parent!

Posted June 8, 2013

Seems like we have an angry parent who will continue with her harassment. Don't let her angry mislead you! Come and see the school and what it has to offer for yourself! My kid's will continue here for as long as I can afford private education. You cannot find a nicer staff and the small class sizes are worth the financial price of private education. Speak to your child's teacher and make your own decision. I also love the fact that the school has no tolerance for bullying. Maybe this unhappy parent should stop bullying the school.

Posted June 8, 2013

Parents do your homework before enrolling children in any school. Check teachers out on the California state website to see if they are a good fit teacher. Be alarmed if there are poor reviews and then positive reviews right after.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 6, 2013

I found this school when I needed it the most. Public schools were not working for my daughter. I did a visit to Cornerstone and fell in love with the staff. They are all so friendly and attentive to what I have to say. The teachers have a smile on their face when you greet them and the class ratio is perfect for what I needed. My daughter needed more attention from the teacher in a smaller classroom. I also love that the kids move together to each grade so they stay with their friends and grow up together. I have built friendships with the teachers, staff and some parents. It was just what we needed. I also love chapel every Thursday and my daughter comes home singing worship songs. Love it!!

Posted May 17, 2013

Cornerstone is a school with great potential BUT it must first weed out the teachers that tarnish the school reputation. Before you commit to a contract, research the classroom teacher and do not be afraid to complain if something is wrong! There are some fantastic teachers at Cornerstone that work hard to make a difference in the students lives and they make tuition worth it! However, there are other teachers that should not be allowed in the classroom--some even deemed unfit by the California State Board of Education. Also, when complaints are brought to the attention of pastoral staff or administration, results are never produced and parent feedback is greeted with arrogance and tactics that serve to bully parents into silence.

Posted April 15, 2013

My son has been at Cornerstone for 8 years and he LOVES it! I LOVE it! Small class sizes and I feel comfortable with him at the school since everyone knows him. There are a lot of activities offered but if your in to sports not so much. It is a private school so yes you are going to pay more but its average for the private schools in the area. My son wants to stay here for the remainder of his school years with the friends he has made. They do testing every year so you know where your child is at compared to other schools. The principle has done a good job of advancing the school during her time here. I love the middle school teachers this year!!

Posted April 8, 2013

A Huge Disappointment. A lack of leadership is evident. Pastoral leadership is non-existent. Parents are disregarded when concerns about bullying and student safety is brought to the table. Tuition is high, yet little of that money appears to be recycled back through the program. The classrooms are dirty and dated. Technology is outdated. Teachers are in need of supervision and some need to find their way back to church. The good people are leaving and neither the Head of School/Principal nor Pastoral Staff seem to care. The school is being filled with International Students who bring large sums of money to the program and the school has become a revolving door. There is a lack of community but more importantly a lack of faith.

Posted March 8, 2013

There is obviously a lack of leadership by evidence of the inconsistent way the school is governed. From the sports car driving Pastor who is at best an absentee land lord to the principal who sacrifices the integrity of the schools pledges and her moral responsibility to ensure all students receive a good Christian based education in trade for student enrollment and tuition. In the end the leadership of this school can hide from its own accountability but will have to answer to the higher power that gave them the privilege to be in such a position to influence and shape the lives of so many of God's children.

Posted March 6, 2013

Most of the teachers are amazing, but they need a new principal not to mention office staff is pretty difficult to deal with:-( When brought to the Pastor's attention how the principal is running the school ,he just arrogantly made excuses and told us to take our issues up with her:-(

Posted March 26, 2012

Wonderful school. We have been at Cornerstone for over six years. We are blessed to be a part of such a loving and academically challenging atmosphere. Our children have flourished due in part to the wonderful staff. We don't have perfect kids, but their teachers and their principal have modeled Christ-like character when dealing with them. Our kids love CCS, and so do we.

Posted March 26, 2012

Love, love, LOVE this school! My son has been here for 5 years and doesn't like to miss school........ever. The teachers are amazing! They are patient, loving and a blessing to us. When the principal walks by all the kids scream her name and run up and hug her. When I was a kid we only talked to the prinipal if we had to. My son is learning so much and has had mostly A's. He wants to learn and always tries his best for his teacher. Everyone is very nice and the office staff is absolutely amazing! I highly recommend Cornerstone Christian School!

Posted March 26, 2012

Great school, nice staff, beautiful campus. They balance academics with character. Go see for yourself!

Posted June 25, 2011

Both of my kids have attended this school since 1st grade and have done great there. My daughter graduated and was accepted to a high quality university with an academic scholarship!

Posted June 24, 2011

This is a christian school, but I think this is not a christian school at all and am regretting my son with 9th grade enrolled in this school. They do not care a harassment between students and not fair in dealing with a problem between them. I plan to transfer my son to other school. If you want your child admitted to any 4 year college, you seriously need to think about transfer. They treat a student as a cash cow. so they accept a below standard student even with a bully. It is obvious that the quality of education is below standard not enought to to be entered to a college level.

Posted May 11, 2009

great school but my child did not like the religous part

Posted April 22, 2009

I moved my son to this school in the middle of his school year and I have to say, I'm finding myself pleasantly surprised at what a great school this is! The lessons in religion are just right for my young son and are well blended into his day-to-day curriculum which is far more advanced than I had expected. The tuition I pay is well-worth the loving, nurturing, encouraging environment my son is now in. I would highly recommend anyone looking into private school options to consider Cornerstone.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Sharon Privett
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

34570 Monte Vista Drive