Wilmington, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 25, 2011
Office staff dont know what they are doing and seem lost and annoid when you ask them a question. Office staff should be trained on how to treat people and have more knowledge of the programs this school offers instead of socializing.

Posted October 26, 2010
Overall this school would need a major over hall with the exception of a few...yes few teachers. The principal is not helpful and the office staff is VERY RUDE! It has poor parent involvement. Most faculty are not aware of what is going on nor are they on the same page. i have witness children fighting physically and no one bother to stop these fight or no one was around due to the fact that they were busy standing around and socializing. It is very sad the way this school is especially because it was once upon a time....great!

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted September 17, 2009
It is a great school with wonderful teachers and staff, and very supportive parents and students.

Broad Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
the school needs alot more than to reach to a Non-Pi school. first they need to train well the office staff they are very rude they really need to get some child development training for in order to treat children with respect and show repect to parents. they need to show it is a very good environment to be and it is a safety place for children.

Broad Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2008
PreK and Kinder and 1st grade are great. They say they are a no tolerance school, but found that there seems to be exceptions for students whose parents are teachers at this same school who get away with causing all sorts of trouble and don't get in trouble at all for hurint another child or disrupting class. I have to say that there are some very good teachers here. My child was very lucky to have some very great teachers. Unfortunatley my child did have a couple of teachers who seemed to really not care at all. Some teachers don't like parent involvement at all, guess it's because they know they don't care about the children in the 1st place and don't want parents to know. Bathrooms are constantly dirty and need to have it monitored more frequently per my child.

Broad Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted February 27, 2007
I currently have two Children that attend this School. I have experienced some issues with a few Teachers. Also When you call and have concerns, sometimes you are ignored and don't receive a call back. I don't like the Lunch protocol that is in place.

Broad Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2006
As a teacher, I can say that our staff is great. We have genuine respect for parents and students and have a passion for educating the future. We have many dedicated teachers on staff who go above and beyond what is needed to teach! Students are our concern and I know that my students walk out of my class each day feeling respected, successful, and confident! What we would like to see as teachers, is a partnership with the parents in ensuring success of the child.

Posted October 04, 2006
I am very disappointed in this school. I went to this school as a kid (loved it!)& now that I have kids I cant believe how much it's changed for the worse.The teachers & staff seem annoyed when I ask questions, and they could care less if I'm involved or not. Their holiday programs are poorly coordinated and there are no extra cirricular activities available. Also, the 4 track schedule is awful!

Posted June 19, 2006
All I need to say is that Broad Avenue Elementry is one of the best Elementry Schools I have seen in a long time! I would definatley give one of the teachers a raise. That teacher is Vera Hahn a Kindergarten teacher. She shows extreme passion in her teaching and helps anyone that needs help when they need it. She needs some rewards for that! But in a sum up this school is excellent in all possible subjects and activites. I would recommend sending your child there.

Broad Avenue Elementary School
24815 Broad Avenue, Wilmington, CA  90744
Last modified Broad Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Broad Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top