Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Fairmont has drastically dropped in school excellence. They have not even began to teach the 4 Cs of Common Core. There is no Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Technology, Creativity, or Communication going on in these classrooms. Scores continue to fair well due to demographics. Teachers don't seem to take an active interest in the school. Rarely attending things such as the school jog a thon. So sad to see this school take a dive.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I think admin means well but the teachers run the show.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Finally they adopted PBIS this year supporting strong character traits.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Most the teachers don't care about the school. They expect to be treated like royalty but are not willing to do things to help their school out. Rarely showing up to school events (even ones during school hours). Most don't even do their own grading.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

This school has not done their research on the effectiveness of homework.

All three of my children attend fairmont. Fiarmont has a very challenging academic curriculum. The teacher are excellent! We are very pleased with the education our children are receiving. The homework load is heavy. There is a definite heavy involvement of parents at this school which I think makes this school so great! Everyones know each other and looking out for each others children.

3 of my children attended this school. While they did receive an excellent education this community does not accept outsiders well. Flexibility is not a strong point but there are many opportunities for involvement. Overall I would recommend it just for the education. Parents have to fight to be involved with some teachers since there are so many that want to participate. The Principal and Vice-Principal were excellent. As one parent told me there....it's more important to look good, than to feel good...

Another year is coming to an end at Fairmont. I can say that it has been a GREAT year for all three of my children. The Fairmont staff is an extraordinary group! All three teachers really made this year a success. I have to say though, Mrs. Furman...she really stands out. She is such a great first grade teacher. She cares so much for the kids and they absolutely ADORE her. We are going to miss her, for sure!

My child has been at Fairmont student for one year and i am very happy i had him switch schools (from another one in the district). It seems that the teachers really team teach and work their students to their full potential. Our other school did not cover many of the subjects in as much depth (I have an older child to compare to) and i feel that i did my older child a disservice by not changing schools for our family sooner. We did have a few 'friend' issues, which were handled by the teacher and the principal immediately. There are so many parent volunteers here and the PTA seems very organized. Don't let schools with higher API scores fool you, this school/teachers can compete with the best of them. I completely understand why Fairmont is a National Blue Ribbon winner.

I am an educator myself and chose not to have my kids attend the school that I teach at. The experience both my daughters have had is nothing short of extraordinary. The teachers have extremely high expectations while still being loving and compassionate. It's my opinion that the best teachers in Orange County teach at Fairmont. The principal and vice-principal are true leaders. Now that my oldest daughter is preparing to leave for the 7th grade, I am sad. Thank you Fairmont for preparing my children for a lifetime of success.

Last modified Fairmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.