Bad
Good

The teachers and principal is really available to the families and the kids. I have met with them as a team every 6 weeks for my little boy who has ADHD. We always find a way to make his educationa experience wonderful. I can not stay enouth about their dedication. Get involved- communicate and the resutls are extrodinary.

My daughter went to this school from K-2. The first principal was horrible. They got a new principal the last year my daughter went there, and he was better as far as communication with parents and kids. There was a lot of bullying. My child constantly complained about being bullied and I personally had to step in between a child being bullied while another kid had to go get a staff member. Unfortunately, with all APS schools, there are too many student to staff ratio. Thankfully, I do not have to send my child back to this school.

The teachers and staff in this building work hard to build relationships with students and parents. I've been in regular contact with my child's teacher, and the principal has always made me feel welcomed and openly listened to any concerns I've had.

It is no wonder why this arkansas elementary is only a two star school. It will never get above that grade either. I strongly disagree with the the current principal runs the school. I feel like she really doesn't care about the students, especially my son who is in the fourth grade there,and hopefully he will not be going there next year because i do not want him belittled by gold slips the teachers send home with him when he has been bad. These slips not only do these so called gold slips hurt the child's self- esteem it is also a way to get the to forcibly to conform the schools rules. I want the use of the gold slips to be discontinued.

Our first child is finally in fifth grade and will not be at Arkansas next year. Our second child starts school soon, but we will be placing her elsewhere and not at Arkansas, due to the poor education that our first child received at the school. I greatly disagree with how the principle runs the school and think she should be replaced. It was a better school before she started there.

Overall, I think this school is below average. I think the student/teacher ratio is hindering a good education. I think they need to involve the parents more in the classroom. The principal never introduced herself to me and is very cold with the kids. My experience with this school has been poor and I am considering withdrawing my child.

Last modified Arkansas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.