Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

This school does have a few good teachers. Yet sadly you can't have the same teacher every year. Not all are created equal. Some care, many don't.

Amount of homework: Agree

Not necessarily is homework given just for the sake of giving homework. It's a fair balance of work and free time.

Develops character: Disagree

In order to develop honesty, integrity and fairness in its students... the teacher's themselves have to have those traits. Kids are treated differently depending on what side of the grade book you sit on. The "smart kids" are definitely not penalized quite like the ones who are on the lower end of the grade book. Smart kid forgets homework... no homework ticket. Lower performing child forgets to show work on his assignment... instantly written up. No fairness there.

Our child has attended Peakview since Kindergarten and is currently finishing up his 5th grade year. Peakview has been average, at best, and many times well BELOW average in tending to our child’s needs. It seems we have a good teacher one year and then the next we have an awful teacher. It’s maddening for the parents and harmful to the kids. I believe each child should be met where they are at academically and Peakview has failed my kid, and most likely many others, in that area. All kids learn at different paces and Peakview has nothing to help those caught up in the middle (not gifted, yet not failing out of school). Our child is struggling horribly with math, yet we were told “he’d never qualify for additional services because his standardized test scores aren’t low enough”. It’s not about “the kids” at all.. it’s all about money!

Fantastic school!! So Impressed with teachers, principal, and the academic rigor! Specials classes are wonderful and add to the educational experience of the whole child There are plenty if after svjo activities and clubs as well.

Moved here from California; the small class sizes and caring attitude of the teachers and principal make for a great school!

Not a bad school but the Principal is condescending and obnoxious. If your child is an average learner its a great place to be but if you need help or support with an above or below learner forget this school. Teachers are great but with an unsupportive principal it doesn't carry that much weight.

While I'm not sure if the below comment is completely accurate, we too are disappointed to say the least in Peakview. Sure, the TCAP scores are high but I cant help but feel that that is all they work for. I feel like my children are being drilled this information instead of actually learning it. Its tons and tons of workbooks and memorization. I understand this is a public school but cant we do any better then that for our kids? I know mine don't retain half of what they learned all year once it comes summer time.

Worst school we have been too. We love the teachers, but they are not given the resources they need. My son and daughter were advanced last year in all areas and now the teachers don't have the ability or material to differentiate for then and they have become bored of school and fallen behind! This school really tried hard to change their horrible image and now that they have received the governors award for improvement they have stopped trying. I haven't even met the principal, which seems very strange to me. I think we will be open enrolling somewhere else next year!

We cannot wait until the winter break to take our children out of this school. The community is not welcoming and very judgmental for not being a very "well-off" neighborhood. People are rude and they teach their children the same behavior. Lots of parent AND student bullying. Not worth dealing with when the academic performance is that great and the feeder high school only graduates 65% of its students. My children were all advanced when they came here and so they stopped testing them and now they are falling behind!

Last modified Peakview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.