Posted August 11, 2014
Our family has been at Bear Creek for 6 years and we have been happy to see our children grow and flourish at this exceptional school. It is a neighborhood school, and with home prices sky-rocketing here, the community is not as diverse as other sections of Boulder. But as I watch my oldest preparing to enter middle school, I can do so with relief, knowing that she has the knowledge, study skills and maturity to handle the next stage of her education. Thank you Bear Creek!

Bear Creek Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2014
We love the teachers at this school, the focus on science, and the PTO is strong. The failings are there is NO diversity either culturally, economically or ethnically. The students are exclusive to this white, upper middle class neighborhood. Unfortunately what lets the staff down at this great school is one of the front admin staff, who can never smile and treats parents and children with a very judgmental tone, and the principle who just seems driven by test scores and having the "best" school academically in Boulder County. Otherwise the best thing about this school is the amazingly talented teachers.

Posted April 02, 2014
Bear Creek Elementary is a wonderful school. The teachers, principal, administrative staff, and parent volunteers are truly outstanding. It is clear that they all love what they do.

Posted February 26, 2014
Bear Creek K8 - the elementary and jr high. Stay away from this school. The administrative staff will smile and tell you what they want you to believe then when you turn your back, they are conniving dishonest people. If your child does not fit into the educational required box of Jeffco, especially this school, forget getting any new ideas on how to help your child learn. The teachers are not equipped to teach to the child's ability to learn. I've had two children attend and could not wait for my youngest to leave at the 6th grade year to attend jr high in the area - not the jr high here. I would recommend anyone to stay away from this school.

Posted November 13, 2013
Our child was going to BC for 2 years and her math and reading comprehension have been consistently low. She was assigned the ESL program, even though English is her only language. She has trouble with paying attention in class so at times she would be disruptive. Last month her behavior was very bad so we disciplined her. She went to school crying and the principal called *** on us. A couple weeks after the *** visit, and them finding nothing wrong at the home front, they actually had the nerve to call us to set up a conference. By then we have already been looking at alternatives, and have decided to pull her out and home school her to try to undo all the bad habits she has been picking up at this school. Perhaps their call was their way of trying to bully her out of their school since they are more concerned about the overall test scores than they are the individual children. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone, especially if you have children with darker colored skin.

Posted November 12, 2013
My child was there for 5 years and he couldn't read. The principal told me it was my fault and he caused a horrible fight in my family. After I finally had enough I took my son and sent him to another BVSD school and with in 2 months he was reading. Run away from this school unless you want fake people, spoiled children, and a principle who should have been a politician.

Posted November 27, 2009
Bear Creek is a remarkable community of educators who support the whole child. I have two kids at Bear Creek. From in-class learning to supporting exploration beyond the classroom, Bear Creek creates an environment where every child can succeed and flourish.

Posted October 05, 2009
Bear Creek can boast about every teacher and its most loved principal.. it was voted a Blue Ribbon School, and has been a Green Star School for several years.. with daily student involvment in a zero waste goal for the school. The kids compost recycle and precycle and get their parents involved.... The school has implemented You ROCK slips to reward all noticed positive behavior such as respect, compassion, diligence, and responsibility.

Posted March 13, 2009
Bear Creek is an amazing community of academic, social, and extracurricular interests. The Principal, who is in his fifth year, is fantastic, and the commitment and passion of the teachers is unparalleled. Put simply, this is a terrific elementary school supporting the holistic development of all the kids.

Posted March 10, 2009
You would be so lucky to send your child to Bear Creek. Every child deserves an education like this. A shining superstar in the Boulder Valley School District. Kindness, tolerance, respect, diligence, creativity and love are words that come to mind. Amazing math, science, writing and reading, music, art, PE programs. The choral group 'Spotlights', band and orchestra are SUPERB. High standards. Extremely friendly and polite student body. I cannot say enough good things about Bear Creek Elementary!

Bear Creek Elementary School
2500 Table Mesa Dr, Boulder, CO  80305
Last modified Bear Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top