Aspen Creek K-8 School

Public | PK-8

Posted August 2, 2014

My son attended ACE from kindergarten to 2nd grade and was part of their autism program. This program was one of the best I have ever seen. He is high functioning but they still dedicated as much to him as they would with a child with severe autism. He had para teachers, OT, psychologist, speech, and more. The head of the dept, Brittany Rodgers, is energetic, patient, reliable, extremely easy to work with, and she truly loves all her kids. The school itself was very friendly and all the teachers I met were just great. The only bad part I had experience in was the hallways being really chaotic before and after school with having an elementary downstairs an the middle school upstairs and all those kids converging. I don't know much on the regular curriculum, but all the students in his classes were confident and had no problem answering questions.

Posted September 26, 2013

Aspen Creek is very involved with their students. The teachers want to see the children to grow & become successful one day. Howl at the moon is another excellent event in which the school puts out every year. I have three children enrolled one being in middle school and my kids LOVE everything about Aspen Creek. Thanks u teachers & staff for all the hard work that you do!

Posted September 10, 2013

I am 100% completely satisfied with the elementary & middle school teachers & staff! My son has made a complete turn around "academically & socially since he switched to Aspen Creek k-8 last year!" The teachers are patient and really take their time working with each child individually which means a lot to me as a parent. (Both) of my children actually look forward to going to school each day and leave home with big smiles on their faces!

Posted December 11, 2012

I was worried that I won't find a good school, as good as the one my kids went to before we move to Colorado, and I'm really grateful that we found Aspen Creek. They have a great staff, very good teachers who are involved completely with the kids and know what they are doing. The academic level is satisfying and I'm glad how my kids are liking their teachers and class. They have many activities and many good methods of teaching. I'm glad that my kids are going to Aspen Creek.

Posted December 9, 2012

Has a great middle school program, and wonderful caring teachers. They really go out of their way to meet kids needs while giving them all the skills and knowledge to be successful in high school.

Posted May 23, 2012

My child has been at Aspen Creek for 3 years now and I must say that we have had great teachers all three years. The leadership is getting better, I really like the newer vice principals. The atmosphere is clean and safe. The curriculum appears to be in line with Colorado standards. I do think we need an actual spelling curriculum and the school is working hard to improve writing. I feel it is an above average school but that with our resources we could be much better. PTA is in the process of revamping how money is spent and what supports we need. I am glad my child attends this school and I have joined the newer PTA effort to make it even better.

Posted May 26, 2011

This school cannot claim diversity. If you are afraid to be different, yes, go elsewhere. But if you want to celebrate and share your differences, we welcome you. My kids are first generation Americans. The teachers love them. The kids love them. If you or your kids do not fit in, please don't blame it on the school, do something about it! Invite a parent over for brunch. Have a few play dates. I am so greatful for our teachers. My intelligent son was so shy and reserved at the biggining of the year. He is now outspoken and confident. ...and HAPPY!!!

Posted March 18, 2011

This school is one big clique for the surrounding neighborhood. The parents are very aloof - this transfers to the students. If you want diversity-look elsewhere. My daughter hasn't "fit in" with these cliques since kindergarten. The special education programs sees a huge turnover. This school seems obsessed with CSAP scores, and keeping extreme discipline in the classroom - at the expense of creativity.

Posted April 30, 2010

As a parent with a doctorate from the University of Colorado, I'm here to say that Aspen Creek K-8 is... well, it's off-the-hook. Two of our children have attended for a combination of 5 years. Both of our children read, write and do arithmetic above their respective grade levels. The teachers and staff do a great job. Aside from academics, there are various events put on during the school year, like Fall Festival and Spring Fling. It's a wonderful place for our kids to get educated. I understand that there is a waiting list for those that live outside of the Aspen Creek K-8 to get in. Boom... Enough said...

Posted November 15, 2009

I really like this school when we first started 7 years ago, the teachers were great as well as the support staff. My younger son has ADD and learning disabilities and the special education teachers have been wonderful for the most part. There is a very high turnover rate, which has been hard for my son because he is contantly having to get to know new people. It takes him a while to open up to people and with the special education teachers changing so much it has made it more difficult for him to progress as much as I think he could have if he had the same therapists. Some of the middle school teachers are rude. I have contacted the principle several times and have never been contacted back. I am seriously considering moving my 4th grader to another BVSD school next year.

Posted May 29, 2009

I am extremely critical of public education but am thrilled with this school. My son is in the middle school and my daughter is in Kindergarten. They have both had a great year and I could not be happier with the teachers or facility. Highly recommend.

Posted January 22, 2009

The school has really great opportunities, and programs to help us get organized and educated. As students we are very lucky to have great supplies and resources. The school has a wonderful library, computer and science class rooms. We are equipped with a gym, outside basketball, tennis and baseball fields. The counseling office staff is a plessure to talk to. It is easy to be able to talk to the conselor about personal problems. However, the majority of the staff is rude and unhelpful. The teachers look down on us as a group. Instead of individuals we are stereotyped as reckless adolescents. The new principal this year has not said one kind word to us. Everytime we meet with him, he yells at us and tells us the negative we have in us. It is hard to respect someone who puts us down consantly. They don't give enough credit to 8th.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 15, 2009

The standards for academics seem to be in line with other Boulder Valley schools, but the inclusiveness of the Aspen Creek school community is lacking. There is a disconnect between the kids who live in the neighborhood and attend versus the kids who don't live there. As early as kindergarten, we are seeing signs of children, girls especially, being exclusive and downright nasty. Also lacking is diversity. The parents seem apathetic.

Posted January 6, 2008

Our experience with our autistic child has been one of frustration at times and pure joy at some of the amazing para support that this school has offered our child. The current principal, retiring much to many parents great delight. However, we have been fortunate to have some amazing staff members filling in the gaps. A new assistant principal was hired this year and is amazingly supportive of the school as well as the special education of all of our children. There is a high turn over rate at this school which makes it turbulent at times and the arts department is lacking as well. Hopefully with a new principal this school will finally be what it could be with the with the proper leadership.

Posted August 15, 2005

We had a wonderful experience at Aspen Creek. My daughter started Kindergarten here and loved it! She also loved the K care experience and wanted to go everyday. We moved here from California and my son started second grade at Aspen Creek. The first week was tough but now he says that this school is awesome. He has ADD and has received extra help through an IEP and his reading has improved. Parental help is welcome. There are usually so many who want to help that it's hard to get a chance! I recommend this school.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

All Students83%

Students without disabilities56%
Proficient in English52%
Neither migrant nor immigrant50%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 11%N/A41%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Spanish
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5500 Aspen Creek Dr