Canon City, CO

Posted November 02, 2012
This school was perfect they shouldn't have moved it though and the principle is the worst. She couldn't care less about the kids but everyone else is perfect!

Posted March 04, 2012
This is my childs first year at Madison, before this he was in the bigger public schools and all we ever heard was I don't want to go to school and he hated it. He is in the 4th grade now and this year has changed him! He told me one day while talking "Mom, I really like this school, I have good friends and the teachers really want to help me". Do you know what that is like for a parent to hear that, I cried. Having him in this school is a God send. I would love it if he could go here until he went to high school. Teachers, learning environment, projects, students are all wonderful. My child has completely changed his way of thinking about school due to the AMAZING Madison Exploratory School. I hope it is around for years so others can enjoy it as much as we have!!!!!

Posted February 17, 2012
Great School. Awesome staff. Learning the way it was meant to be. Can not believe School board is trying to close this school. Most cost effective school in the district. See: www.madisonexploratoryschool.com

Posted May 23, 2010
Madison Exploratory School is a 5 star School. The children learn to work as a team so that there is less chance to have a student fall behind. I am proud of my child because she is doing great at Madison, and I'm sure her fellow students are as well. - A proud parent-

Posted February 12, 2010
This school has been wonderful for our child since we came to Canon. After interviewing with all the schools in the area we were thrilled to find Madison. They are truly concerned with our child and their education. They do amazing projects and really get the kids involved together as a group. My child has never been more outgoing and absolutely thrilled to go to school. Isn't that what counts? The education level is well abover other schools my child has been in! My only concern is where she will go from here, Madison only goes to 6th grade and the MS and Harrison do not have such great reputations.

Madison Exploratory School 1

Posted February 06, 2010
Truly, my child was very unhappy with this school. She did not feel that she learned as much as she should and was teased constantly. She had no friends what so ever and that is my explanation for this school.

Posted September 20, 2009
Madison has a 'Flat Dinosaur' that I took to Washington, DC, to the White House. 'Madison', the flat dinosaur got to play soccer with Barney--the first dog. When I brought the dinosaur back and met the teachers who facilitated this activity, I realized these were first-class gals who love what they do. They are inovative and energetic young women who put their hearts and souls into their work! The kids loved seeing the pictures from 'Madison' at the Museum of Natural History with his relatives. Madison school cares!

Posted December 27, 2007
This school is great! My children go to this school and LOVE it. It is project based and everyone works together. It is 1-6 grade.

202 East Douglas, Canon City, CO  81212
Last modified Madison Exploratory School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6
Madison Exploratory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top