Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

South Ridge is an AMAZING school! The staff is friendly, the teachers are caring and really want to see their students succeed. This is a great atmosphere for kids and would be a great school to send your kids to grow up in. Wow!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers put in extra hours to ensure that the students are growing at their own individual level. There is a strong gifted and talented program for those students who need more challenge. There is also and intervention program for students needing extra help in reading or math.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff and teachers focus on rewarding the students who display honestly and integrity on a daily basis. The staff and teachers sincerely care for the students and for one another.

South Ridge Elementary School is an awesome school. Not only is the learning growth of the students a high priority but the staff and teachers also teach on the importance of caring for one another. South Ridge Elementary has a community and caring family atmosphere. Everyone that enters the building is greeted with a smile and warm welcome. I would highly recommend your student to attend South Ridge Elementary School because they will be taught with intelligent and caring teachers and staff.

There are a lot of things I could say about my children's experiences here. The discipline at the school is non-existent. I felt like my kids were at an inner city school here. There are a lot of poor vs rich kid problems here and a big problem with bullying here. Both my kids were treated poorly by their classmates. The kids who created the trouble were not given any real consequences for their actions. The teacher who taught my child is not coming back. That tells you something. They would make the whole class receive the consequences of the few who created the problems because they were to "be a team." Ridiculous. Hope the new principal takes action to make the bad kids responsible for their actions and gets serious about the bullying issue.

South Ridge has been a fantastic experience for my son. He only was able to attend for 2 years but, he has made far more progress in his academics compared to past schools. Great students and wonderful staff. Thank you South Ridge.

I have 2 kids going to SR now, my oldest is in 3rd grade n my youngest is in half day K. Both of my kids absoultly love their school n their teachers. I am very happy w not only the teachers, but the office staff is great too. I believe that if your family lives in this area, then SR is going to the best school for you children to attend.

I am a dad of a thrid grader at South. I'm not a teacher, I don't know much about how this whole nonsense about testing works and I certainly don't claim to understand the fight between the union and the school board. I honestly don't care about that. What I care about is my son and the education he recieves and whether or not he's happy. Here's what I know: I see a happy kid running into school every day. I see the crossing guards and the principal and the teachers and the secretaries all great him by name. I hear him talk about the kids at school and rarely do I hear anything negative. I know my kid is happy and I know that the teachers he has had to date have worked hard with him and every other kid to be sure they get what they need. When I walk into the school for a conference or just to pay the lunch acccount, I'm greeted by friendly people who may not know my name, but they know my son, and honestly, that's what I care about. This is a great school and I can't think of one single reason for anyone to not try it. You will be amazed at the caring that goes on.

My son has been at South Ridge for 4 years now and he LOVES it! I've had nothing but a great experience with South, despite many of it's negative reviews. My son was identified early as an advanced learner and the teachers have done everything within their power to challenge him. My e-mails are always answered promptly by whomever I've contacted, whether that be administrator or teacher. If they can't answer my questions, they've referred me on very quickly and I've always gotten the answer. They truly do their best and they really never get the kudos they deserve. You must try this school and you must ignore the blah-blah-blah about test scores. The kids RUN to school because they're so happy to go. They run out happy, talking and playing with one another regardless of age. Really, I love this school and respect all they do for kids.

The submission regarding fighting on the playground is completely absurd. I drive by the school a few times each day and I have never seen anything other than play from the students. I have been volunteering on a regular basis at the school for 4 years and have yet to see any arguments let alone fights at the school. There is ALWAYS at least two teacher's aides and usually a teacher on the playground with their class. The teachers are engaging, caring and passionate about their students. I have always been greeted by the office staff when entering the school and Dena (the principal) is visible in the school, not hiding in her office. Technology is used in every classroom and both of my children love going to school there. I wouldn't go anywhere else in Castle Rock, with the IB program, the diversity of the student population and the dedication of the teachers it's not a hard decision.

Last modified South Ridge Elementary An Ib World School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.