Centennial, CO

Posted January 09, 2014
I have two kids at Franklin. This is our 5th year at Franklin and my kids love going to school every day. Every single teacher in this school is amazing. We have hands down one of the best principals in Colorado. Mr. Melkonian has such a huge presence at this school, he is amazing. All the parents and kids love him. I feel like my kids are very safe at this school because of him and the staff. Franklin also has an excellent community of parents who are very involved.

Posted October 25, 2013
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is everything one could want in an elementary school. Small class size (19-22) keeps both the teachers and students focused. Some teachers even change grade levels from year to year to keep the ratios conducive to learning. Teachers, parents, and staff are caring and involved with both the education and the just plain fun activities. The administration responds to the needs of all, like creating a safe drop-off/pick-up area and building security. The parent volunteerism is very high at Franklin. This not only supports the teachers and staff in a multitude of ways, it also allows time and resources for the kids to do more things (both in and out of the classroom) and just plain lets the kids know that the parents (especially their own parents) care about this aspect of their lives. Lastly, the quality of education is very high. The teachers are not only knowledgable, but also creative and flexible in their approaches. Proficiencies are measured consistently higher at Franklin. I may give myself away to the school by saying this, but this is our 15th straight year at Franklin. What I am saying is true. Franklin Rocks!

Posted May 16, 2013
What I like most about Franklin Elementary School is the feeling of incluusiveness and community!

Posted October 01, 2011
We recently moved out of state and from the first day my daughter stepped into Franklin, she felt right at home. She was in a really good school in California and I feel that Franklin is actually even better than her previous school. Her 4th grade teacher is great! She is a wonderful teacher and my daughter loves her! I feel that the staff that we have met so far is also outstanding and looking forward to be at Franklin for the next two years!

Posted September 29, 2011
Franklin is one of the most exceptional schools in Colorado. It is nestled in the back streets of one of Littleton's older neighborhoods. The playgrounds are big. It has that small school feel that we all crave. Inside the walls drip with art. Parents are welcomed with open arms. Kids are known by their first names by several teachers. Community and culture, art and kindness - that is what this school is about. The instruction is top notch. When the website boasts best practices in math, reading and writing, you can count on the fact that this is happening. The staff is data driven, the instruction is authentic and the child is at the center of it ALL. We had to move away from Franklin after being a part of this community for 5 years. This school is the thing we miss the most. We cannot find any instructional level or positive climate that even comes close to matching Frankin Elementary School. Do not miss giving your child the opportunity to learn and grow within its walls, in its community garden, and with each other.

Franklin Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
We appreciate the priority to keep class sizes as small as possible in these times of budget cuts. The number of volunteer hours logged at Franklin is quite remarkable. We have been a Franklin family for 6 years and absolutely LOVE it.

Franklin Elementary School 0

Posted December 23, 2009
Moved into Franklin after Ames closed. We have two kids attending. It's a very good school. Not amazing, but very good. The PTO is amazing. Teachers are above average and care deeply. GT program is nothing special, but nothing wrong either (I have had 4 kids through various GT programs). All in all, above average. Very safe. Principal is very open and available. Comfortable.

Posted July 23, 2009
My son attended Kindergarten at Franklin 2008-2009 school year. After 2 years of research on all surrounding schools, I chose to open enroll at Franklin and am so happy with the decision. We loved the school and had a great year. I'm very critical, so that says a lot! I intend for my son and his younger brother to both stay at Franklin until 5th grade.

Posted May 02, 2007
Franklin is a small school hidden in an older community in Littleton Colorado. When I walk down the halls I am reminded of the schools that I grew up in....small, authentic and personal. Childrens art and writing literally drip from the walls, and it is updated regularly. The staff seem happy to be there and truly love children. The parents are highly involved. There are several community events throughout the year. I worry about the shrinking budget and the cuts in Technology and Kindergarten specials programs. But every child will be safe, succesful and loved within the walls of this sweet little school. It is easy to be a part of the Franklin community as the office readily accepts open-enrolled children. And speaking of the front office, they are like the teachers.... smiling and there for the kids. They know each child by name by Christmas. Outstanding!!

Posted December 14, 2005
Franklin is a shining star in a sea of mediocrity! Rated Hig to Excellent by Colorado state standards, Franklin strives to be among the top Littleton Public elementary schools and succeeds! Student achievement and performance are top goals. As such students are treated as individuals whose needs are met on a personal basis. Extras include a great GT program, a full range of specials (art, PE and technology), a complete functioning science lab for all grades (unique for LPS)and substantial special student services. I know Franklin as a parent, a PTO President and now a certified teacher. I wouldn't want my children to go anywhere else.

Franklin Elementary School
1603 East Euclid Ave, Centennial, CO  80121
Last modified Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top