Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Both of my children have attended this school. The oldest was here from K-5th and my youngest has been there K-4th. Out of the 7 different teachers I have interacted with (a few overlapped and taught both kids), I would say that 5 were outstanding, caring and loved teaching. The other 2 were ok, nothing bad, but they just didn't seem as involved as the other 5. The new principal has brought some great ideas and enthusiasm to the school and I expect to see great things continuing in the next several years. I would agree with another parent who didn't like the computer homework and expectations, it is easier for me to correct paper homework than to have to sit next to my child and watch as they work on the computer, so I have had to supplement with flash cards and grade level work books to ensure that they know what it going on and not just clicking buttons until they get a right answer, but this e-learning is not just limited to the school or the district, but is the way of operating with the technology generation. I also have issues with common core, but again, that is not caused by the school or district either. Bottom line IMO is that 75% of the teachers are amazing. E-learning/homework isn't my cup of tea, but I am adapting. Have had one or two issues with bullying/teasing, but they were dealt with swiftly and didn't involve physical bullying, more verbal that would have been considered normal teasing when I was in elementary. I have had lunch with my children several times and the school/staff are very happy to have parents visit and be involved in the school.

The teachers are fantastic. The administrators are supportive and the PTO is very active in making the school a great school.

I have had four children attend this school. It has been a very positive experience for all of them. We have had excellent, caring and helpful teachers. They have gone on to different schools and had no learning gaps or problems. A few years showed some decline in school overall testing scores but now there is a new principal with great ideas that are being implemented. Scores are improving for standardized tests and I am sure with this new leadership the school will only grow stronger and stronger. I am very happy my children attended High Plains!

My children are not passing school. The homework has not been helpful and has been busy work. The Title 1 program has been unhelpful as they expect kids to do computer work even when they don't have them at home.No individualized based tutoring to help failing students. However, this school does not give grades. Kids are given progressing as a grade.

I have two children at High Plains. The teachers are wonderful and the school community is warm and inviting.

Both my Grandchildren attend High Plains Elementary School and both have excellent teachers. They teach the children much more than just how to take a test and pass. They use common sense to teach the children and the children as a result of this training love learning.

Wonderful place for your child !! My son has been at High Plains for Kindergarden, and now 1st grade. He is quite bright, which his teachers pick up on and challenge him appropriately. The amount and content of the homework is perfect, and the curriculum could not be better. The school is clean, safe, very organized, and we will hate to leave once my husbands receives new air force orders.

great school my son enjoys chool here

Both my kids have gone to this school and It's wonderful! The teachers are caring and the princiciple is awesome. I recommend this school to all.

Great school, very good student to teacher ratio. Good technology. Good (free) after school programs. District 20 at its best!

Last modified High Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.