Colorado Springs, CO

Posted June 21, 2015
The teachers are fantastic. The administrators are supportive and the PTO is very active in making the school a great school.

Posted January 22, 2015
I have had four children attend this school. It has been a very positive experience for all of them. We have had excellent, caring and helpful teachers. They have gone on to different schools and had no learning gaps or problems. A few years showed some decline in school overall testing scores but now there is a new principal with great ideas that are being implemented. Scores are improving for standardized tests and I am sure with this new leadership the school will only grow stronger and stronger. I am very happy my children attended High Plains!

High Plains Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2012
My children are not passing school. The homework has not been helpful and has been busy work. The Title 1 program has been unhelpful as they expect kids to do computer work even when they don't have them at home.No individualized based tutoring to help failing students. However, this school does not give grades. Kids are given progressing as a grade.

Posted January 19, 2010
I have two children at High Plains. The teachers are wonderful and the school community is warm and inviting.

Posted November 03, 2009
Both my Grandchildren attend High Plains Elementary School and both have excellent teachers. They teach the children much more than just how to take a test and pass. They use common sense to teach the children and the children as a result of this training love learning.

High Plains Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2009
Wonderful place for your child !! My son has been at High Plains for Kindergarden, and now 1st grade. He is quite bright, which his teachers pick up on and challenge him appropriately. The amount and content of the homework is perfect, and the curriculum could not be better. The school is clean, safe, very organized, and we will hate to leave once my husbands receives new air force orders.

High Plains Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2008
great school my son enjoys chool here

Posted February 27, 2008
Both my kids have gone to this school and It's wonderful! The teachers are caring and the princiciple is awesome. I recommend this school to all.

Posted February 14, 2008
Great school, very good student to teacher ratio. Good technology. Good (free) after school programs. District 20 at its best!

High Plains Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2007
I expected much more from this school. It is in the 'Academy 20' school district. I expected the standards to be higher. I am not impressed with the scores this school has had, I believe it is declining.

2248 Vintage Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified High Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Plains Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top