Colorado Springs, CO

High Plains Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2012
My children are not passing school. The homework has not been helpful and has been busy work. The Title 1 program has been unhelpful as they expect kids to do computer work even when they don't have them at home.No individualized based tutoring to help failing students. However, this school does not give grades. Kids are given progressing as a grade.

Posted January 19, 2010
I have two children at High Plains. The teachers are wonderful and the school community is warm and inviting.

High Plains Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Both my Grandchildren attend High Plains Elementary School and both have excellent teachers. They teach the children much more than just how to take a test and pass. They use common sense to teach the children and the children as a result of this training love learning.

High Plains Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2009
Wonderful place for your child !! My son has been at High Plains for Kindergarden, and now 1st grade. He is quite bright, which his teachers pick up on and challenge him appropriately. The amount and content of the homework is perfect, and the curriculum could not be better. The school is clean, safe, very organized, and we will hate to leave once my husbands receives new air force orders.

High Plains Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2008
great school my son enjoys chool here

High Plains Elementary School 0

Posted February 27, 2008
Both my kids have gone to this school and It's wonderful! The teachers are caring and the princiciple is awesome. I recommend this school to all.

Posted February 14, 2008
Great school, very good student to teacher ratio. Good technology. Good (free) after school programs. District 20 at its best!

Posted June 09, 2007
I have been extremely impressed with both the leadership and teacher quality at High Plains. The faculty took special interest in each of our four children's educational development. It was very difficult for us to move and leave behind such an outstanding school. I know that my children are well prepared to move onto middle school.

High Plains Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2007
I expected much more from this school. It is in the 'Academy 20' school district. I expected the standards to be higher. I am not impressed with the scores this school has had, I believe it is declining.

High Plains Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2006
I feel the teachers are too easy on the kids here. They have very little homework. My kids have gotten so behind since moving here and we're really disapointed. The teachers are hit and miss. My kids were writing structured sentences in 1st grade and didn't really touch on that until mid or end of 2nd here. We're moving so that we could get our kids into a school that is more similar to the one we came from.

High Plains Elementary School
2248 Vintage Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified High Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Plains Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top