Colorado Springs, CO

Posted September 07, 2014
If you want a school that is Christ focused this is not the school for you. I have attended ECA forever. If I walked into the halls I wouldn't have known that it was a Christian school. For me there was no spiritual guide at this school. And they hold to strongly to there doctrine and teach it as if is true. And they are moving to a Classical Education which sucks and it would be better being Common Core.

Posted May 06, 2014
What a gem you have in ECA, Colorado Springs. My daughter attended ECA for Kinder and 1st Grade. When we moved away from ECA (we are a military family), she was way ahead in every subject, even when she transferred to a top-notch, highly-rated public school. We are moving again soon and are back to looking at Christian schools. We're having a hard time finding one like ECA. You can't beat the academics, the emphasis on character, and the Christian foundation. We miss ECA every day; I wish she could stay there for her entire education. The staff is competent, yet warm and loving; we truly felt like part of a family there. We didn't know how good we had it. Other Christian schools we're coming across don't operate according to Christian principles and teach discrimination by treating female students as second-class citizens. Thank you ECA for giving my daughter an excellent foundation. You are the yardstick by which all other schools are measured.

Posted March 22, 2014
ECA is a friendly, small school. The teachers love their work. Christianity is taught in all the subjects. The headmaster is great. If a student is a real negative influence then they are asked to leave the school so that the community truly stays a positive, uplifting place to learn. There are no bullies here. Graduates have said that they are well prepared for college. The first year of college was pretty easy for them. The cost is low compared to most private schools these days. The students don't wear uniforms. It's an enjoyable and safe place to be educated. I volunteer and have a child there in junior high. I see all of this first hand.

Posted February 03, 2014
My daughters attended Evangelical Christian Academy for many years... too many years. This school gives Christian education a bad name. When I finally moved them to another school, they were behind in almost every subject.

Posted October 23, 2013
ECA soured me on "Christian education" forever; both "Christian" and "academy" are misnomers. The education was so substandard in some areas that I had to do remedial work to succeed in college, even though I graduated with a 3.6 from ECA (which I had attended since kindergarten). I went from being a sincere Christian involved in my church to loathing evangelicals and avoiding church because of the lies, malice, hypocrisy, and ugliness of certain administrators and teachers. The bullying was so bad that I became suicidal, but my parents were told by teachers and the principal that it would be worse anywhere else and I "just had to develop a tougher skin." I can't emphasize strongly enough what a bad experience I had at ECA. If I could live my life over, I would drop out the day I turned 16 and get a GED before enduring a single extra second at that place.

Posted November 15, 2009
As parents of two students at ECA, we couldn't be happier with the school. It offers a Christ-centered education that challenges and encourages its students daily to do their best academically for the glory of the Lord. I encourage any parent searching for a school that will partner with them in raising Godly young adults to visit the school and find out what a wonderful experience it will be for your family!

Posted August 14, 2008
We put our 5 year old daughter in 1/2 day kindergarten here after having a very unpleasant experience in the public school. She thrived! This school is so accepting and personal. Her teacher was nurturing and loving and made her feel welcome every day. The other kids were well behaved. She had a great year there.

Posted August 17, 2006
ECA holds true to their mission statement. They assist families in providing a Christ-centered education of high academic quality so that students may be prepared to take an active, vital place, in the home, the church, the state, and in their future vocations by applying Christian principals in a biblical manner that is glorifying to God. At ECA, we are a family. We partner together with God to bring each child to their full potential in Christ. We believe that those who put their hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar with wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)At ECA, students are World Changers. I live with three of them!

Posted July 09, 2006

Posted May 03, 2006

Evangelical Christian Academy
2511 N Logan Ave, Colorado Springs, CO  80907
Last modified Evangelical Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Evangelical Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top