School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Hard-working, dedicated staff! Students are put first, and this is the way it should be. It's all about the kids and what's best for them,
September 02, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This was our first year at Ridgeview, my son is in third grade. The year started out great but went down hill. The staff gives a lot of mixed messages to children, counselors tell him to deal with things one way, dean and administration tell him differently. This led to him being in constant "trouble" all the time. The only way they know how to deal with discipline issues is sit a kid in the office and segregate him from his peers, rather then listen to the child and problem solve. This led to a significant decline in my son's self esteem to the point I pulled him out of school. His teacher was extremely ineffective, had absolutely no knowledge of classroom management, plus for whatever reason was out and had a substitute at least one day a week. Which leads to a very distracted learning experience. Basically it boils down to, too many chiefs not enough Indians. The school has a lot of over paid, over educated leaders that have no knowledge of reality or the real world. Choose who the leader is have a direction that you are going and follow it, the schools lack of organizational structure leads to our children missing out on a good education.

Great school. All 3 of my kids went here

This whole school has gone downhill, the turn over of teachers is incredible, unfortunately it is due to the principal, she does not communicate with parents, throws teachers under the bus for her incompetences, my children attended for too long not to see how two-faced she is, couldn't get them out fast enough

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

My son went to Rdigeview K-5, and my daughter is currently in 2nd grade there and has been there since Preschool. I really like this school. My kids have always loved their teachers. They are at benchmark or above on everything. There's a great sense of community there. I don't feel there's ever too much or too little homework.

My son really enjoyed this school and so did we as parents. He made a ton of friends and also learned a lot due to teachers doing their best to challenge him. The teacher was great. She kept in contact with us on a weekly basis and immediately whenever needed. I would recommend this school to anyone...really surprised to see poor ratings.

My daughter attended this school for 4 years. Out of those 4, she had ONE good teacher. A competent, helpful, encouraging teacher. She kept the parents informed on all class studies and activities. It is so sad that my daughter only have one teacher like that. Issues with this school include: Lack of concern for children's well-being(sending kids outside when there's a sheet of ice on playground resulting in injury, kids carrying weapons to school, bullying, sending kids back to class when there's a high alert for abuse that's ignored) Rude office staff.

I have two daughter that have attended this school and we have been very happy with the amazing teachers that they both have had! We were so lucky to get Mrs. Kelley in 1st grade! Any kid that gets her is lucky. :)

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
At Ridgeview, we aim to develop the whole child; character education is important to us. Capturing Kids' Hearts is a process we use at Ridgeview and throughout the POWER Zone. It is based upon building strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
Posted September 03, 2015

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 02, 2015

Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.