Colorado Springs, CO

Posted April 27, 2015
I am so disappointed in the admin at this school it took me a while to find the words for this review. This is my son's first year at this school (thank heavens it is almost over). My son was assaulted, and I'll just leave the extreme nature of it to that, at the start of the year by a child in his class. My son got in trouble for this event, which the school later apologized to us for (but since we aren't the ones going to school there this was a pointless apology. They needed to apologize to him). After this event a couple kids started engaging in bullying him. The same kid that started all the bullying continues to threaten my son and threatens other kids that play him. Needless to say, the school has failed to resolve the issue. Furthermore, admin has admittedly left out much of the events when they report them to us (if theey report them at all) on more than one occassion. One such example is the threatening of my son's life by another child. These are elementary school children for gosh sakes! My son use to love school, sadly that is not the case anymore.

Posted August 12, 2014
My son went to K here part of last year. I was so disappointed in how the teachers are over worked. He had a wonderful teacher but with 25 kids in the class at that age one can only do so much. We moved him to a new school we found here on Great Schools! That had a 9 rating. So happy we did! The K classes have under 20 kids and 2 teachers. I wouldn't send my child back to RVES with such great schools around. D49 needs to rework their budgets for the teachers and NOT for the admin and district office.

Ridgeview Elementary School 5

Posted May 12, 2014
I wish I went to a school like this when I was a kid. After discussing what my daughter's school rating should be with my daughter we decided that this is a five star school. I asked my daughter if she felt safe, like she was being taught, if she was being bullied or witnessing bulling, if there were too many kids, and if she wanted to stay at the school. All of her answers were positive about the school from her eyes and I agree with her for the most part. The district has a schedule that goes year round with only 2 months off during the summer compared to the normal 3 months and it seems like the kids have a lot of time off, but it pretty much equals out.

Posted February 26, 2014
The school isn't really to blame for all my issues. It is mostly the district. It is like our kids never go to school. Every week there is a 'teacher work day' or 'training' day. It is very inconvenient. It makes me wonder when they actually go to school. The PTA is just drama filled. They constantly hound you because you don't want to join. The amounts of fundraisers sent home is crazy as well. I am sorry but between the first 2 that were done, we have yet to see anything done to the school that the money was raised for. When your kid doesn't do the fundraiser, they still hound you on how 'important' it is and how badly they need money. I am sorry but last I check there is a tax that supports the school, and I am one of the few parents who volunteer and donate many class room items and bring things for their parties and what not.

Posted February 05, 2014
I have had people stop in the middle of the drive way blocking anyone from getting in and people ask them to move and the person behind her ask her to move and there is a lot of bad words coming from the lady blocking the drive way and the office don't care this is not good for the kids to see eather there are things going on at this school no one no's about I have seen the super at the school and see people do things and he turns his head and don't care my kid is all most done with this school thank god yea and where is all the school supplies gone my kid has not seen any in 2 years making people buy stuff and the kids don't see it or don't get to use it Principal Leadership is not to good and the food is not very good they have mostly toco's this is not good for all kids and when a Holiday comes they give the kids left overs stuff that was left from the week before and the kids come home sick from some of there food they run right to the bath room in pain from the food I don't no who makes up the menu but need new food or new person.

Ridgeview Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2013
As a parent I have been extremely unsatisfied with the many if the teachers and the leadership at this school. The administration us more concerned with protecting staff and not doing what is right by the students and listening to concerns from parents. Of the few decent teachers my child has had here most of the good teachers have left this school. Most Teachers do not take the time to look at the individual needs of children, and communication between the school and individual teachers and parents is severely lacking.

Posted July 09, 2013
I have had one or more of my kids at Ridgeview elementary school for a total of 7 years now. I have volunteered several years and some years I have not. I have found Ridgeview to be a very good school. This last year was the best so far and they are improving every year. My daughters teacher was very helpful with weekly e-mails and updates and what they were doing for the week and things that I could do as a parent to help. This is where parents have the opportunity to step up for their kids and help them out as they progress through the grades. The schools can only be as good as the effort that is put into it buy the students, teachers and parents. My only complaint is not about the school but the amount of information our kids are asked to learn. It is sometimes overwhelming for them but I feel the this is a area where a parent can really step in and help their kids. I think the school does a pretty good job at getting the information to the kids but more and more parent envolvement is required to keep them on track. If you let your kid go through any school and expect them to do everything your child will loose out everytime.

Posted March 14, 2013
I have a child in this school and almost a year has gone by and I am not impresed. I have seen lack of supervision , lack of redirection, yelling at kids making them cry, detention for 2 to 3 days in a row for very minor offences ( I volunteer there ). The princapal is not a parents friend she is all about protecting her staff and just following policy. The last 3 reviews below are from the schools staff so of course it is biased. Also bought so many school supplies for the students and have yet to see any of it used for them. I am pulling my child out for the 2013-2014 school year and placing somewhere else. The school looks good on the outside but inside is what matters.

Posted October 28, 2012
Ridgeview has excellent teachers who frequently put in lots of extra hours to prepare lessons and experiences for their students based on needs as demonstrated by formative assessments. Ridgeview teachers truly care about their students. Ridgeview has strong leadership, with a principal and assistant principal who are willing to take risks and try new things. Our principal is supportive and innovative. She is great to work with. Ridgeview has challenging academic programs, particularly in writing and math. Also, Ridgeview now has all full day kindergarten, which is good for kids.

Posted September 10, 2012
Ridgeview is a quality learning environment in which the teachers and staff provide excellent academics and extracurricular activites for a well-rounded student. I am thankful that my child was able to attend Ridgeview for second thru fifth grade!

Ridgeview Elementary School
6753 Shimmering Creek Place, Colorado Springs, CO  80922
Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top