Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

On the surface this school pretends to be GT and to have great standards but if you get into the details, this school system and the teachers are abusing our children. They are only concerned about compensation for their performance and therefore try to shove a bunch of tests down the kids' throat. The length of school hours in the day is not enough for them to allow our kids to use the bathroom so they punish the kids for wanting to use the bathroom. Imagine a school having rules that forbids students from going to the bathroom and it becomes a rule oriented situation. It is a horrible mess inside the walls of this school. Parents please listen to your kids and confront the details of this school system. They do not care about the kids. They disrespect them and treat them as though they are a nuisance. I have so much evidence but I will continue to be patient to find the appropriate opportunity to expose the unbelievable ridiculousness that goes on in the classrooms of Soaring Eagles Elementary. They cover up their trails and always have their version of excuses to tell. Only parents who are blind and who refuse to take ownership of their responsibility over their children will continue to sing praises to the abuse taking place in this school. It is a prison!

I absolutely love my daughter attending K-3 (so far) and now my granddaughter who is in Head Start this year. I am a parent volunteer who has spent many hours in the school as well as worked with many students and have gotten a chance to become familiar with many members of the staff. I feel confident of their teaching and their concerns of the students. I would recommend SEE (Soaring Eagles Elementary) to other families. Unfortunately our school boundaries have changed and SEE is no longer our "home" school. Hopefully I will feel as good about the other elementary schools if that becomes the case!

My daughter is in 1st grade at this school, she attended Kindergarten here as well. The school has a great structure for getting the kids into the habit of doing their homework and providing fun incentives to do it from the very beginning of their schooling. The teachers are all very skilled and qualified and the front office staff are all very nice. They have set a great academic foundation for my daughter!

I love this school, the principal and teachers are awesome. I have two children attending this school. My kindergartener is in a gifted class and she is learning so much with Ms. Cohen. My son is in the 3rd grade and is apart of student council. His teacher Mrs. Lamphere is a great teacher who invests in her students outside of class as well. My family loves Soaring Eagles.

So many letters cutting down this school that I had to say something.My sons went to Dist. 2 schools.Now our grandkids are in Soaring Eagle's Elem..They are doing fine,teachers are great, learning at and above their grade level.One even learned 400 sight words in kindergarden last year.They need to study at home,and do their homework.Teachers can't do it all for them.This school has won a 1st place award in our state.If you have a problem with a school,have a teacher parent meeting.They will make time to speak with you.

I feel this school is way to big, with too many children under one roof. Your child drown in the mass and it is not inviting when you first begin here with staff that is impersonal and indifferent and act as if they want to be anywhere else but where they are. My child's teacher was younger and I believe she tried to be strict and speak with authority, but came across as belittling instead. Prior to us moving here, my child previously attended a school with a higher academic record we just loved! - and the first thing the Soaring Eagles teacher did was putting down my son's previous school and achievements . My child was not happy there and he actually LIKES going to school. Would not recommend.

My son is currently enrolled at Soaring Eagles and has Ms. Elling for kindergarten. I LOVE his teacher and I think they've done a great job with him. He's suppose to learn 100 site words by the end of the year, he knows 110 and still has 2 months left. He is starting to read level 2 books now, can add and subtract, tell time, and much more. I'm impressed and very happy I chose Soaring Eagles. Ms. Elling makes learning fun!

Don't send your child to this school. I was told many different things about this school when I toured it. Then, after school started nothing I was told was accurate information. I had to get my son early on 2 seperate occations and walked in on the teacher degrading students. School has been in for 4 weeks and each week my son has told me that the teacher yells at the class for one or two students behavior. I did some observation hours for a psych class I had and during lunch a 1st grade teacher keep putting a student done. She just could not let go and not one teacher in the room stopped her. unperfessional!!!! we just found out that CSAPS are NOT mandatory. If the school is going to stress our child all year they must be crazy to think we are going to have him show up.

My son is about to finish his first year of kindergarten here. He has made tremendous progress in just a year. His first teacher became pregnant and had to leave part way through the year. It did not effect his progress at all. Even the long term substitutes have been great. I would recommend this school to anyone in Colorado Springs.

i have had my kids in this school from day 1 (opening of the school) its been great! i love the education it has given my childern. the parking lot is a mess. the past two years the front office ladies have not been welcome friendly but at least they are not the teachers right. The only thing i really hate is that the students have no time to talk not even at lunch. they just started a homework contract this year which i don't like. Not a big fan of the 5th grade teachers. i did love the 6th grade teachers when they had them! if you want your kids to learn this is the school for you!

Last modified Soaring Eagles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.