Colorado Springs, CO

Posted April 13, 2013
I absolutely love my daughter attending K-3 (so far) and now my granddaughter who is in Head Start this year. I am a parent volunteer who has spent many hours in the school as well as worked with many students and have gotten a chance to become familiar with many members of the staff. I feel confident of their teaching and their concerns of the students. I would recommend SEE (Soaring Eagles Elementary) to other families. Unfortunately our school boundaries have changed and SEE is no longer our "home" school. Hopefully I will feel as good about the other elementary schools if that becomes the case!

Posted February 28, 2013
My daughter is in 1st grade at this school, she attended Kindergarten here as well. The school has a great structure for getting the kids into the habit of doing their homework and providing fun incentives to do it from the very beginning of their schooling. The teachers are all very skilled and qualified and the front office staff are all very nice. They have set a great academic foundation for my daughter!

Posted December 06, 2012
I love this school, the principal and teachers are awesome. I have two children attending this school. My kindergartener is in a gifted class and she is learning so much with Ms. Cohen. My son is in the 3rd grade and is apart of student council. His teacher Mrs. Lamphere is a great teacher who invests in her students outside of class as well. My family loves Soaring Eagles.

Posted October 04, 2012
So many letters cutting down this school that I had to say something.My sons went to Dist. 2 schools.Now our grandkids are in Soaring Eagle's Elem..They are doing fine,teachers are great, learning at and above their grade level.One even learned 400 sight words in kindergarden last year.They need to study at home,and do their homework.Teachers can't do it all for them.This school has won a 1st place award in our state.If you have a problem with a school,have a teacher parent meeting.They will make time to speak with you.

Soaring Eagles Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2012
I feel this school is way to big, with too many children under one roof. Your child drown in the mass and it is not inviting when you first begin here with staff that is impersonal and indifferent and act as if they want to be anywhere else but where they are. My child's teacher was younger and I believe she tried to be strict and speak with authority, but came across as belittling instead. Prior to us moving here, my child previously attended a school with a higher academic record we just loved! - and the first thing the Soaring Eagles teacher did was putting down my son's previous school and achievements . My child was not happy there and he actually LIKES going to school. Would not recommend.

Posted April 16, 2012
My son is currently enrolled at Soaring Eagles and has Ms. Elling for kindergarten. I LOVE his teacher and I think they've done a great job with him. He's suppose to learn 100 site words by the end of the year, he knows 110 and still has 2 months left. He is starting to read level 2 books now, can add and subtract, tell time, and much more. I'm impressed and very happy I chose Soaring Eagles. Ms. Elling makes learning fun!

Soaring Eagles Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2010
Don't send your child to this school. I was told many different things about this school when I toured it. Then, after school started nothing I was told was accurate information. I had to get my son early on 2 seperate occations and walked in on the teacher degrading students. School has been in for 4 weeks and each week my son has told me that the teacher yells at the class for one or two students behavior. I did some observation hours for a psych class I had and during lunch a 1st grade teacher keep putting a student done. She just could not let go and not one teacher in the room stopped her. unperfessional!!!! we just found out that CSAPS are NOT mandatory. If the school is going to stress our child all year they must be crazy to think we are going to have him show up.

Posted May 09, 2010
My son is about to finish his first year of kindergarten here. He has made tremendous progress in just a year. His first teacher became pregnant and had to leave part way through the year. It did not effect his progress at all. Even the long term substitutes have been great. I would recommend this school to anyone in Colorado Springs.

Soaring Eagles Elementary School 0

Posted January 11, 2010
i have had my kids in this school from day 1 (opening of the school) its been great! i love the education it has given my childern. the parking lot is a mess. the past two years the front office ladies have not been welcome friendly but at least they are not the teachers right. The only thing i really hate is that the students have no time to talk not even at lunch. they just started a homework contract this year which i don't like. Not a big fan of the 5th grade teachers. i did love the 6th grade teachers when they had them! if you want your kids to learn this is the school for you!

Posted April 02, 2009
My son goes to this school's pre-school prgram. He just turned 3 and can tell you who the President of the USA is! Ms. Rupinski is caring and organised. I love this school!

Soaring Eagles Elementary School
4710 Harrier Ridge Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80916
Last modified Soaring Eagles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Soaring Eagles Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top