Pine Creek High School

Public | 9-12

Posted September 6, 2013

We have a gifted son who doesn't fit into the typical high school mold. He really likes Pine Creek High School because of the atmosphere (more college than high school) and mutual respect students give to one another. The variety of courses offered in the school's catalog, along with school sponsored sports teams and clubs, are also benefits to attending PCHS.

Posted October 28, 2012

My daughter had a bad experience with peer relationships before coming to Pine Creek as a sophomore. During her 3 years there, she felt it to be a much more friendly environment and as a result, became more involved in student activities. Also, her much loved sport of swimming was enhanced by the friendliness,inclusiveness, and support of the team and coaches. There were even rules around prom that if it weren't for the support of the principal (now retired) to make an exception, my daughter would not have been able to attend with her boyfriend. On education and teacher quality, it's one of the finest in the state.

Posted April 18, 2012

Hey everyone! My sister showed me this website and I thought I'd check out what people had to say about this amazing school. I'm sad to hear that some people are being bullied and that others dislike the academics or teachers in the school. Personally, in all my three years of going, I have not once seen a bullying case or been bullied. Sure there are the "popular" kids, but that's just what they have labeled themselves. In all honesty, those "popular" kids are just the ones who brag about themselves the most and thus have the most rumors going around about them. I have probably met my best friends for life here and have found my calling of what I want to do with my life based on the freedom and encouragement given to me in this school. I've learned so much and am in all honors and AP classes and am excited to be going into senior year next year! My teachers have all been kind, helpful, and inspirational and have always given me exactly what I need for my environment and learning. I've been given so much oppurtunity for learning and going into college and I'm really excited for my future now because of the support I've been given. Thank you for leading my years of highschool!

Posted December 1, 2011

Pinecreek is definitely not perfect in any means, just like any other high school has problems. I don't know what people think that everybody that go to Pinecreek are rich, it simply ain't true. Overall the school is great I currently attend. Teachers, at least the teachers I have care about their students, and in no way am I popular, I keep to myself and talk to a couple of friends and stay out of the "popular" kids minds and im fine. I was bullied my freshman year and after reporting the incident the bully was disciplined and left me alone and I have not had anymore issues. Many of these reviews are probably from a rival school such as rampart.

Posted October 24, 2011

I graduated from Pine Creek in May of this year, and although I've heard that already a lot has changed, I consider this high school to be truly great. Sporting events and the extra social events are what make Pine Creek better than the rest. Also, the collection of student and staff prove with their academic success that PC is a great school. My days at Pine Creek have been my most memorable and I am proud to call myself an Eagle, and anyone else who has had the opportunity to attend Pine Creek should as well. GIVE 'EM THE BEAK!

Posted June 2, 2011

PCHS definitley has a bullying problem! What we found truly disturbing was how the teachers often took sidesand got involved in the bullying and/or did nothing to stop it! The administration said all the right things and checked all the right boxes, but did not truly have an interest in punishing the bullies. Don't be fooled by the fact that PCHS was given the distrinction of a "NO HATE" school. This simply means they have implemented certain programs (ie, checked all the boxes) but certainly does not address the true issue. More diversity would go a long way in solving the issue. Currently, most of the students come from upper income families and have a very entitled attitude. Cliques to the extreme!

Posted April 11, 2011

I graduated in 2010, and I have to say, I loved every second of it. Like some reviews said, there isn't much diversity within the school, but as for the bullying, I never witnessed much at all. In fact, a lot of the "popular" kids that some of the reviewers talked so badly about were the ones I noticed making the most effort to include people and be nice, especially to the special education students. Overall, I had good teachers despite a few, but that's at any school you go to. There is a lot of school spirit and organizations like DECA really give students a chance to have fun and hang out with other students while representing pine creek. Athletic games were always fun, even if you didn't play. Basically, high school is what you make of it and if you take advantage of what Pine Creek has to offer and include yourself in it, you'll love it.

Posted April 7, 2011

We moved here a few months a go and my student seems generally happy here although his comments are: the academics are not as good as they talk it up at all, loves that the school is small, the kids are generally wealthy (we are not), very cliquey and seem superficial. This school has very little diversity.... sad really, but little known public bullying exists that we have experienced. The band program is AMAZING! The teacher is a true asset to the whole school and is a sunny spot! Athletics provide lots of opportunity for involvement and are inclusive. The French teacher needed to be fired years a go and is horrible with lots of double standards! School lunch is horrible, not many nutritional items/variety and way over priced (a horrible value). The fact they have no lockers creates a problem when you simply want to hang up your heavy winter coat somewhere and not carry it around all day with 40-60 lbs. of books all day!

Posted January 10, 2011

We just moved here five months ago, but so far we are happy with Pine Creek High School. But sometimes I feel as though my child isn't challenged as much as he was at his previous school in Northern Virginia.

Posted January 1, 2011

This is the absolute worst school! The students are incredibly mean. If they decide you do not meet their standards then being at Pine Creek will become a living nightmare. The teachers are horrible as well. The teachers all want to believe that they are teenagers as well therefore if they witness students being mean to another student they will just turn their back to avoid getting the "popular" kids mad at them. If you are not one of these "popular" kids you can expect unfair treatment and grading from your teachers. As far as the athletic programs go they are poor the coaches do not care. Athletes are not placed by ability but by social status. If you are a good athlete but they have decided you not "worthy" of it then you may as well just quit the team because they will do everything in their power to bring you down. Pine Creek loves to talk about their "no place for hate" environment but let me just tell you that this is a total lie! I personally was treated terribly but even after letting the principal know, nothing was done about it. I strongly advise against going here!

Posted November 8, 2010

This school is absolutely horrible! I don't know why people give it such a good name. Pine Creek High School is filled with egotistical students and staff. Pine Creek students are basically taught that they are the best and no one can ever come close to the "standard" they set by just attending the school. Sure they have "great" educational and after school programs, but most of the students are self-absorbed maniacs that have never lived life in the real world. For example, there are VERY few minorities at this school. Unless you are one of the "popular" kids, life is hell at Pine Creek. In order to be happy there you have to conform to the ideas that Pine Creek sets in place for you. There is no individuality allowed! . These are just a few reasons I left this terrible, terrible enviornment.

Posted April 5, 2010

The students are all really kind and tolerant of others. Many of the teachers are great inspirational people who care about the students. We get a well rounded education and all of the after school activities such as; choir, theatre, sports, and the advertising/business group called DECA accel and constantly compete for state.

Posted December 19, 2009

Great academics and opportunity

Posted July 27, 2009

As a student of theatre for 4 years at Pine Creek High School, I can honestly say that this school is without a doubt, has the most ecellent theatre program in the state. The rest of the school is ok, but the atmosphere in the PCHS theatre dept. is always, calm, collected, and cultivates growth as a student and as a performer. If you want an excellent theatre program, this is the one. -Marco Robinson ( The Importance of Being Earnest, Footloose, Noises Off, Crazy for You, and Singin in the Rain...06-09)

Posted July 4, 2009

not good at sports and dont serve well academically

Posted April 16, 2009

Pine Creek has the best choir program we've ever heard. At first I was surprised when my oldest son told me he was joining choir. After his first concert I could understand why...they put on wonderful concerts! They have big choirs and it's a great mixture of songs. At most schools you only hear about the sports, but they can't beat the award-winning choir program here. We've been blessed to see our son perform in the choir and our other children can't wait to join.

Posted February 9, 2009

I am also a student at Pine Creek High School, and I love it here. Compared to other high schools, this one is pretty much as good as it can get. There's hardly any bullying, and not too much conflict that couldn't be resolved easily. I mourn the loss of diversity a little bit, but maybe that will gradually change over time. Probably the thing I love the most about Pine Creek is the technology that's so readily available to everyone. It truly is a technological high school. There aren't very many schools that you can graduate SQL certified from. :) This school offers more classes than I've ever seen...everything from American Sign Language to Geology to Exploration Mars to Native American Studies and Sociology. There really is no better school to find your niche and learn just what you like with great teachers, great peers, and great classes.

Posted December 25, 2008

I'm a senior at Pine Creek and I absolutely love it. It's not perfect, but I feel incredibly blessed to be able to go to such a great school. Some teachers are a pain, but most of them sincerely care. Some of the students are brats, but most are genuinely friendly. The activites and athletics rock and the classes are great. I've learned a lot in the past 3 years. I feel ready for college, but the thought of leaving Pine Creek just breaks my heart. I love being an eagle!

Posted November 9, 2008

Yeah, im a student at pine creek and ive lived in a lot of places most of them being small towns. compared to everywere pine creek is incredible

Posted October 4, 2008

Wow. Incredible Environment. Incredible Academics. Incredible Clubs. Incredible Sports. Incredible School!

Math

The state average for Math was 39% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 55% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 34% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 51% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 49% in 2013.

All Students56%

Students without disabilities72%
Proficient in English69%
Neither migrant nor immigrant69%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating
Student growth rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

College readiness rating 20133What's this?

ACT participation

Average ACT score

Graduation rate

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

3 This rating is based on composite ACT scores from 2012-13 and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2011-12. ACT participation represents the percentage of 11th graders taking the ACT. Because the ACT is mandated in Colorado high schools, ACT participation is NOT included in the GreatSchools rating.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 4%N/A41%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10750 Thunder Mountain Ave