Colorado Springs, CO
Students enrolled: 1,462

Posted November 21, 2014
Best school in the state. The teachers here care about the students. The staff wants to see them succeed, not only in the specific class, but in life in general. There will always be things to improve on at every school, but the base of Pine Creek is made of well meaning, inspiring staff members that push Pine Creek to its best every year.

Posted September 06, 2013
We have a gifted son who doesn't fit into the typical high school mold. He really likes Pine Creek High School because of the atmosphere (more college than high school) and mutual respect students give to one another. The variety of courses offered in the school's catalog, along with school sponsored sports teams and clubs, are also benefits to attending PCHS.

Posted October 28, 2012
My daughter had a bad experience with peer relationships before coming to Pine Creek as a sophomore. During her 3 years there, she felt it to be a much more friendly environment and as a result, became more involved in student activities. Also, her much loved sport of swimming was enhanced by the friendliness,inclusiveness, and support of the team and coaches. There were even rules around prom that if it weren't for the support of the principal (now retired) to make an exception, my daughter would not have been able to attend with her boyfriend. On education and teacher quality, it's one of the finest in the state.

Posted April 18, 2012
Hey everyone! My sister showed me this website and I thought I'd check out what people had to say about this amazing school. I'm sad to hear that some people are being bullied and that others dislike the academics or teachers in the school. Personally, in all my three years of going, I have not once seen a bullying case or been bullied. Sure there are the "popular" kids, but that's just what they have labeled themselves. In all honesty, those "popular" kids are just the ones who brag about themselves the most and thus have the most rumors going around about them. I have probably met my best friends for life here and have found my calling of what I want to do with my life based on the freedom and encouragement given to me in this school. I've learned so much and am in all honors and AP classes and am excited to be going into senior year next year! My teachers have all been kind, helpful, and inspirational and have always given me exactly what I need for my environment and learning. I've been given so much oppurtunity for learning and going into college and I'm really excited for my future now because of the support I've been given. Thank you for leading my years of highschool!

Posted December 01, 2011
Pinecreek is definitely not perfect in any means, just like any other high school has problems. I don't know what people think that everybody that go to Pinecreek are rich, it simply ain't true. Overall the school is great I currently attend. Teachers, at least the teachers I have care about their students, and in no way am I popular, I keep to myself and talk to a couple of friends and stay out of the "popular" kids minds and im fine. I was bullied my freshman year and after reporting the incident the bully was disciplined and left me alone and I have not had anymore issues. Many of these reviews are probably from a rival school such as rampart.

Posted October 24, 2011
I graduated from Pine Creek in May of this year, and although I've heard that already a lot has changed, I consider this high school to be truly great. Sporting events and the extra social events are what make Pine Creek better than the rest. Also, the collection of student and staff prove with their academic success that PC is a great school. My days at Pine Creek have been my most memorable and I am proud to call myself an Eagle, and anyone else who has had the opportunity to attend Pine Creek should as well. GIVE 'EM THE BEAK!

Pine Creek High School 2

Posted June 02, 2011
PCHS definitley has a bullying problem! What we found truly disturbing was how the teachers often took sidesand got involved in the bullying and/or did nothing to stop it! The administration said all the right things and checked all the right boxes, but did not truly have an interest in punishing the bullies. Don't be fooled by the fact that PCHS was given the distrinction of a "NO HATE" school. This simply means they have implemented certain programs (ie, checked all the boxes) but certainly does not address the true issue. More diversity would go a long way in solving the issue. Currently, most of the students come from upper income families and have a very entitled attitude. Cliques to the extreme!

Posted April 11, 2011
I graduated in 2010, and I have to say, I loved every second of it. Like some reviews said, there isn't much diversity within the school, but as for the bullying, I never witnessed much at all. In fact, a lot of the "popular" kids that some of the reviewers talked so badly about were the ones I noticed making the most effort to include people and be nice, especially to the special education students. Overall, I had good teachers despite a few, but that's at any school you go to. There is a lot of school spirit and organizations like DECA really give students a chance to have fun and hang out with other students while representing pine creek. Athletic games were always fun, even if you didn't play. Basically, high school is what you make of it and if you take advantage of what Pine Creek has to offer and include yourself in it, you'll love it.

Posted April 07, 2011
We moved here a few months a go and my student seems generally happy here although his comments are: the academics are not as good as they talk it up at all, loves that the school is small, the kids are generally wealthy (we are not), very cliquey and seem superficial. This school has very little diversity.... sad really, but little known public bullying exists that we have experienced. The band program is AMAZING! The teacher is a true asset to the whole school and is a sunny spot! Athletics provide lots of opportunity for involvement and are inclusive. The French teacher needed to be fired years a go and is horrible with lots of double standards! School lunch is horrible, not many nutritional items/variety and way over priced (a horrible value). The fact they have no lockers creates a problem when you simply want to hang up your heavy winter coat somewhere and not carry it around all day with 40-60 lbs. of books all day!

Posted January 10, 2011
We just moved here five months ago, but so far we are happy with Pine Creek High School. But sometimes I feel as though my child isn't challenged as much as he was at his previous school in Northern Virginia.

Pine Creek High School
10750 Thunder Mountain Ave, Colorado Springs, CO  80908
Last modified Pine Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top