Sabin Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted February 7, 2012

I went here from the beginning-ish of the 2011 school year. I left in November. This school is horrible, they let the kids cuss, the teachers sometimes YELL at the students (I had 2 encounters of this), the kids are very inappropriate, nobody raises their hand to speak..All the kids are immature and all in their closed group, nobody cares if you are new. I had at least 5 friends. 3 of them were teachers, 1 was a kid who always insulted me and the other was gone because she had surgery. If you don't mind an EASY school that takes NO EFFORT to go through for your child, and a horrible environment..sure! Go ahead.

Posted August 11, 2011

I am a student who attended Sabin for 2 years, and yes I came form "the Irving bunch" however my experience was nothing near to terrible. Irving was a great school and our sadness to leave it caused a problem in my 7th grade year with the students. I was in the SAIL program ( by far the best academic program I have ever attended, originally at Irving and one at Sabin) so my 7th grade year my teaches were all familiar. In my 8th grade year I had to say it was incredible! The students had forgotten the "ghetto Irving kids" and the staff had taken the peaceful opportunity to join the kids and staff as a big family. Sure there were fights, but that's the kid. I personally had a great time connecting with all the Sabin staff- truly a great way to end MS! Try it out- I liked it even coming from Irving, my initial school. Laveen K, former student

Posted May 2, 2011

This was the worst school I have ever attended. Yes, I was one of the many Irving kids moved over for my 8th grade year, but it was horrible. The school was engulfed by bullying. One day, I remember there being at least 10 fights in 1 day, one of which the cops had to be called. We were always blamed for "making their school ghetto" and "bringing gangs into their school." This blame was set on not only by the other students, but also by the teachers who had not been moved over from Irving. I wish my dad had never made me go to the school!!!

Posted November 15, 2010

Alot of people blame Sabins current state on irving kids moving there. i am a student who previously attended Irving and i have to say irving was way better. The staff at this school are mean and undermining. Alot of my friends (who didnt go to irving) have missed more days than me but because my aunt died and i was gone 3 days for the out-of-state funeral my mom recieved a contract threatening to give me detetion, take my permit, or even take us to court just because ive missed 5 days. Im happy to say i will be switching schools next semester and get away from constant threats from staff and students.

Posted October 22, 2010

This school is horrible. They do not address bullying (which is rampant daily), and the academics are far from challenging. My child was absolutely bored and although he tested high enough for the gifted and talented program, he was never placed in it, despite numerous promises to do so. I could not consider myself a good parent if I continued to allow my student to go there.

Posted July 5, 2010

I absolutely hate this school. i know that many parents like this school, but most of them are parents of students that did not attend irving. Students that attend Irving have been bullied and blamed for almost every problem that occurs. It is much of the distrects fault because they did not think of Irvings massive population being inside Sabin. That caused many problems. Irving students are blamed for being bad influences and "drugging the whole school," according to the principal. Statistically, Sabin, before Irving's move, had twice as many drug and achohol users as Irving. Sabin staff has almost suspended to best friends for hugging in the hall ways acusing them of "displaying lesbian affection" and when confronted with bullying, they either ignore it or acnolage it but do nothing when it comes to Irving students. The only upside is the SAIL program.

Posted April 30, 2010

I have noticed that there is more kids dressing in gang colors and there is unnecessary bullying going on since the beginning of this 2009-2010 school year when Irving kids were brought in. Its disappointing!

Posted April 14, 2010

My child has attended Sabin this year. I am looking to permit her somewhere else. It has been nothing but a headache since day one. no communication. everytime I tried to talk to someone no one was ever there. Always at court ( which was a bit scarry to hear) The teachers were hard to get a hold of. The fights were out of control. My hild did not feel safe at times and was told to call a number on the back of her ID card.... like thats going to help when being threatened to be 'jumped.' Yhe school has gone down hill since it merged wit Irving students. I hope I can find a safe school that I can trust my child with for next year.

Posted August 28, 2008

I permitted my daughter and my son here. He went 2 years and she is starting her second year now. I was not satisfied with the regular ed. for my son as there were few if any advanced classes for him and very little communication with teachers unless you were at the school constantly (still waiting on replies to emails from last year) but the sped program for my daughter has been excellent for her! She has made great strides and is getting more than I had thought she would get here!!

Posted May 22, 2008

I as a single parent of two am completely happy about having my children attend Sabin Middle School of Colorado Springs. As for the so called fights and such as Posted from a concerned parent in December 6, 2007, quoted as saying: 'Things changed this year and I couldn't believe how quickly this school has gone downhill. I am hearing a lot of worried parents, there are many fights, the police have been called, it is quickly becoming a 'scary school'.' I truly believe that their child must be attending some other school... And there has always been fights and police at every school in the world and in all society. Their was a paranoid response due to the closing of East Middle School and the merging of that schools student populous within Sabin but it went as smooth as any transition could. East had a bad reputation and made News years ago but it was a soft school compared to any on the east coast or west. My children are thriving at Sabin and all the staff are great at their jobs. I believe the School Principal and Vice principals are great and have tremendous leadership skills above and beyond the call, as so all the teachers too. Security is ace also.

Posted March 26, 2008

I permitted my daughter to Sabin and have been glad that I did. She has recieved quality education. The staff has always been approachable. They have been quick to respond to my concerns. They have called me with their concerns. My daughter has improved and I appreciate the quality of education she is recieving.

Posted December 6, 2007

I have been a parent at this school for the last 2 1/2 years. I have been so happy I thought this was a dream school. Things changed this year and I couldn't believe how quickly this school has gone downhill. I am hearing alot of worried parents, there are many fights, the police have been called, it is quickly becoming a 'scary school'.

Posted February 4, 2004

As parents of kids of middle and high school ages we were completely suprised and happy with the care and education given our daughter at Sabin.I would recommend Sabin to any parents of MS children. Public schools don't come any better.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

274 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

273 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

273 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

All Students54%

Students without disabilities49%
Proficient in English49%
Neither migrant nor immigrant47%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Below average

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 62%N/A41%

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Music
  • Band

Health & athletics

• Gym
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3605 North Carefree Circle