Posted August 05, 2011
The Grant culture is warm and friendly where the staff seems like a family. The principal is welcoming. The students are offered music, band or orchestra, P.E. and Art along with some after school activities. The entire staff is involved in teaching the kids.

Posted May 08, 2007

Grant Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2006
Although Grant has the reputation of having an outstanding PTA, I must say in the 3 years my son has attended, I've never been contacted by the PTA, or asked to assist in any school fundraisers (other than the bombardment of junk mail that comes home in his back pack daily). Nor have I been contacted about his test scores, CSAPS, other than being told, I would've been notified had he not done well. I have not been pleased with this years teacher, but a less than great teacher does not define the school. Ocerall I'd rate Grant a 7 on a scale from 1-10.

Grant Elementary School 4

Posted July 08, 2005
Grant is a neighborhood school in the middle of Colorado Springs. There are far more children who qualify for free and reduced lunch than are officially noted. The teachers at the school are all highly qualified to teach and do a wonderful job with the children who come into their classrooms. For the most part, the children are happy and nurtured at school. Many are latch key kids since both parents work outside the home. Grant has a friendly environment, and I would encourage parents to enroll their child at Grant Elementary in Colorado Springs.

Posted April 02, 2005
My daughter has been at Grant for five years now, four of which I transported her myself because I was so pleased with the school. My daughter has been given many opportunities in this school. About a year and a half ago she suffered a loss of hearing in one ear. Instead of making her go to the district hearing impaired school her principal advocated for her to stay in the school and to bring the necessary programs to her. I was thankful and appreciative. My daughter has had the opportunity to have personal development growth as well as academic growth while attending Grant. Her teachers, principal, admin staff and janitors have been more than wonderful to her. They have given the school a real family feel. She has met lots of people there who have contributed to the wonderful person she has become. Thanks Grant!

Grant Elementary School
3215 Westwood Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Grant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grant Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.