Bad
Good

my daughter is older than my son so she started kindergarten first and she was being bullied and of course i went up to their principal and instead of asking her who was bullying her she was grilling her like she was the bully and of course i got her out of there. my son went for 1st grade there when a new principal was in place. Didnt think their special education was corrupted too and the teachers there! My son was about to start first day of school and was crying and upset so they got sped teacher to come down. I reminded both the teacher and the sped teacher that my son is a Runner and that he needs to be watched. Well 12pm comes when i get a call telling me that my son ran off campus and someone went to go look for him. I went out with my dad with our own vehicles to look for him and found him about to cross the street on UNION and Fountain. I went back and told them what kind of school is this and all my frustration to this man. To just get oh they will do better i promise you! Never Went Back!!! Called district 11 they told me the same that they would do better! This is the worst for children with disability or without!

Two of my children have been blessed to be in the preschool program at this school. Their teachers, Mr Allen, Ms Anita, and Ms Soto are the best teachers you will find anywhere! The rest of the school however is quite unfortunate. My oldest child is twice exceptional (gifted) and his teacher refuses to follow his 504 plan and punishes him for it. My other child has literally been bullied by her teacher when she tried to report fellow students for picking on her. This teacher also picks on my daughter for her speech issues making fun of her in front of the class. On the upside, the principal Dr. Howard has been phenomenal in helping us work out issues.

I have been pretty darn happy with the Preschool. My daughter loves her teachers, they keep me informed, and she is learning. I am trying to get her into CMCA, but will continue here until I get the call saying that she was accepted. They are also very helpful without asking when it comes to anything! Kudos to Mr. Allen, Mrs. Anita, and last but not least Mrs. Soto!!! Thanks! :)

My son unfortunately went to this school for kindergarten. we had to move quickly due to my new job and literally didnt have time to check school ratings before moving. we were also first timers with the public school system. stay away from this school. The kids were mean, parents uninvolved, there is no funding, the teacher didn't know my son was in the back of the school with no adult supervision one afternoon. horrible!

Since this site is used for only the positive, then I have nothing to say. stay away. LILITHIA

they refused to work with my child's specific needs. They also dismissed all of my concerns and suggestions for helping him. I enrolled my child in another school after 1 school year.

Last modified Hunt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.