Panorama Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 518 students

Posted July 7, 2014

Two years in a row, this school has sent me a bill for school lunches. The issue is that, last year, we qualified for free lunches yet I still got a bill in the mail. I was able to have that cleared up. This year, my child has been bringing a lunch EVERYDAY, there is NO activity on his lunch account, yet they still sent me bills. I say "bills" because I received a bill for $20, $19, $65, etc.....And when I called multiple phone numbers to have this cleared up, I basically received the run-a-round and they are refusing to erase the charges. I even asked them if, by chance, another student may have used my child's ID number. I was told they have no way to find this out and that I am responsible for the bills I was sent. This mistake has happened TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Posted May 22, 2014

The principal at this school this year has been yelling at staff over the intercom, taking students off campus (and buying them lunch) during classes and without parent permission, and ignoring student threats (with weapons) to teachers. Way to go, Panorama! Way to go!

Posted January 21, 2014

One of the counselors made me feel as if my child and his feelings regarding a child bullying him at school did not matter as much as the bully because the bully had problems at home and was transitioning into a new school....I understand the other child has problems but get him some help and please do not make excuses for his behavior...because I feel my son is there to learn too not be bullied by that child....my son is on the honor roll and a good kid...I guess if my child were a real troublemaker at this school he would get your devout attention.....and not have consequences for his actions...CMON AND GET REAL!!!! I would like to THANK the principal today for making the day a whole lot easier though....

Posted November 21, 2013

If there was a -1000 rating that is what I would give this school. The last few months I have noticed several things from teachers and administrative staff yelling and using profanity to the kids. One teacher even apparently choked a child. THIS is NOT ok. NO teacher or staff member should ever put their hands on a child unless they are trying to defend themselves. Had this been my child who had been choked this teacher would have been prosecuted. There is absolutely no structure at this school. The staff with the exception of a select few, treat you as if you have no right to say anything about what goes on at school, sorry but If something is going on with my child that I don't like you will hear from me BELIEVE that. I am that mom. I will call you out when I believe you are wrong. If you have any other options DON'T send your child here.

Posted September 20, 2013

My children went here last year for part of the year. The resource teacher I asked her to encourage my son to do homework to help him with his memory since it is not mandatory for special needs kids to have homework. The teacher gave up after a week or two of trying. Not long enough to get my child use to it or even a routine. She wanted wanted a parent teacher conference once a month. We only had 2. Before my kids were even enrolled I could not see what the special needs room would look like to see if it was a real good fit for my son. Come to find out when they had parent teacher conference there was not enough staffing for my kids and the other students in that classroom. My daughter ended up getting bullied there and ended up in a fight after the teachers and staff would not do anything about the issue. I asked more then once to talk to the principal more then once. They keep sending me to the student counselors who listened but did nothing to help us. My daughter did not want to go to schoolbecauseofthewaystudentsandstafftreatedher. Ihaveneverhadissueslikethatwithmydaughterever. Shehaslikedgoingtoschoolandsheisaverysocialkid. Thisschoolwasnotveryhelpfulforherbeinga7thgrader.

Posted September 9, 2013

My school is actually a lot better than most people say. My mother used to be a substitute teacher there, and she said that it was not a very good school. However, it slowly improved, and by time I went to Panorama in the 7th grade, it was a very good school. It kept my anxiety at a minimum, i made friends easily, and was not bullied at all, unlike at my other school, and did not have unnecessary amounts of homework. We do have some homework, but not as much as the school i went to in 6th grade had. Some students in regular classes just like to talk, however, I've seen in my Pre AP classes that students actually care about learning. I'd like to see the students in regular classes listen to the teachers more, as well as do their work. Sometimes they ruin the class experiences of me and others that would like to learn, not goof off. Overall, Panorama is a very nice school, and I plan on going here for the eighth grade.

Posted August 5, 2013

This school is Amazing,if I could go there I would the teacher only want nothing but the best. If you like sucess then go to this Prep school please go. Ms. Huddleston and Ms. Parks are the best teachers in life recommend

Posted February 17, 2013

Boy has this school changed in the last year! The teachers put forth great effort to see that my child makes growth. She has gotten caught up to proficient and is now taking AP classes. There is a sense of caring and community when working with the staff. When we did have a problem the principal called and it was worked out in a sensible manner. I feel my child is safe, well cared for and is learning more than she was in previous Springs middle school.

Posted August 19, 2010

I had my daughter in this school for 3 months before pulling her out to homeschool. The majority of the staff was inflexible and unwilling to be supportive of the students or their parents. We had numerous incidents where my child was a victim of bullying and humilation that caused her grades to drop dramatically. I pulled her out to homeschool and she succeeded with flying colors! One staff member told me that the school is run like a business and that my daughter's special needs status was little more than a paycheck for them; this staff memeber encouraged me to homeschool and I'm so glad I did!

Posted February 16, 2010

I believe it is a shame that nothing is done about this school or the administrative staff. I have been looking into other websites to see what the school is rated and it is about 92 I believe out of 122 in Colorado. What does this say? I'll tell you what it says.... that a majority of the staff is not willing to take ownership for what they are doing to these children and are in it for the paycheck. This is a district where there is not alot of money. I am a single parent. I have an education and a decent job but I want more for my kids than what I can do for them so I push them to do the absolute best and there is absolutely no support from the staff. No encouragement and no tools for the parents to use. History repeats!!

Posted January 10, 2010

This is the worst school I have ever had my children in. Their lack of discipline and control with students is unacceptable. I feel no child is safe. I would not recommend this school to anyone and my kids will not be reuturning next year.

Posted October 4, 2009

Excellent student achievement scores in a school with 72% free and reduced lunch rate.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

157 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

156 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

170 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

All Students58%

Limited English proficiency (LEP)18%
Proficient in English44%
Neither migrant nor immigrant42%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Above average

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 75%N/A41%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2145 South Chelton