Denver, CO

Posted May 20, 2015
We attended Graland for a substantial chunk of our child's primary education (K through 3rd). Upon recognizing deficiency in mathematics and writing during Graland, we enrolled our child in Kumon to fill in the blanks. Now, after almost three years of extra work to catch up, our child is above grade level in math and writing. It took a lot of effort, money and struggle to overcome the effects of choosing Graland for our child. We think the peoblem stemmed from not enough repetition and rigorous practice daily. Our other children did not attend Graland and have had a much easier time mastering math and English (but they started Kumon early in K / 1st grade). Our view is that Graland did serious damage in our child's early years and we are thankful we left the school. There are tons of nice families at Graland and it pains me to leave this feedback.

Posted March 24, 2015
not a school for any student but a mainstream learner. frankly discriminatory practices towards non-traditional learners (unless you can make large monetary donations). administration not at all supportive- was shocked and disappointed. would not recommend.

Posted February 04, 2015
Best private school in Denver, period! Academic rigor, quality of teachers and curriculum is simply the best. My kid is thriving and I cannot thank enough teachers and school leaders for all the work they do on daily basis. My child is in middle school and she goes to school with the smile on her face.

Posted July 26, 2014
Graland has exceeded all of our expectations! The teachers are dynamic in every way and truly foster a love for learning in the students. The curriculum is vigorous while at the same time careful to make sure mastery of key foundations are fully comprehended. Our middle schooler has thrived from the passion teachers have brought to the classroom and our child in lower school loves each and everyday at school. Graland has been a gift to our family, preparing our children in so many different ways from academics, leadership, athletics and caring citizens. Go Graland!

Posted July 23, 2014
We love Graland! We have a child with an extremely high IQ who is a highly visual spatial learner. (His preschool teachers had us get him extensively tested.) Although he is extremely smart, we want him to be socially adept, so we stayed away from schools for highly gifted children. We chose Graland, because we felt they would academically challenge him, embrace his tremendous personality (his keen, purposeful sense of humor) and teach to his learning style. On my son's first day of Kindergarten, Ronni McCaffrey told my husband and me that we had made the right choice for our son - that Graland is a family and they would take care of him. They have! Here we are 6 years later, and our son is thriving in every way! We could not be happier! Graland is a K-8 school, teaching our children at the most important time of their lives - their formative years, when they are becoming who they will always be, developing time management skills, social skills, etc. If your child goes to Graland, he/she should succeed at any high school or college, public or private, as he/she will be applying what they learned at Graland. Now is the time that matters!

Posted July 23, 2014
Graland has exceeded our expectations in every way. My daughter's strengths and challenges have been accurately identified and celebrated year after year. Graland has installed confidence, charisma and awareness in her. The head of school is doing a phenomenal job at creating an educational context in which students become global thinkers. I have found the students, parents, teachers and administration to be respectful and invested in making Graland a diverse, inclusive and energetic community.

Posted July 23, 2014
I absolutely love Graland and so does my oldest son who goes there. My son is excited to go to school every single day which as we all know is half the battle when talking about school. The community of teachers and parents have been so welcoming that I feel like I have a big extended family. It does take a village to raise a well rounded little human and this village is incredible. I couldn't ask for a better situation for my son or our family as a whole.

Posted July 21, 2014
Our kids have LOVED being at Graland! We have attended for the past four years and are extremely happy with the teachers and curriculum, administrators and community. The curriculum is challenging and integrated throughout all the subjects/specials. My children can't wait to go back to school in the Fall! The teachers provide excellent support for and communication to their students and parents. The small class sizes and amazingly low student to teacher ratio is unbeatable! Our Head of School, Ms. Ronni McCaffrey, knows every child and parent and is very accessible. In Addition, Ronni engages parents throughout the year with her Book Club and lecture series. We cannot think of a better place for our children or family!

Posted May 30, 2014
I have been a parent of children at Graland Country Day School and have been completely disgusted by the leadership within this school. As a parent who has been a part of this community for a long time, I can confidently say Graland is not what it once was, as it is being destroyed by the ignorant, dishonest, money hungry leadership within the school. The new head of school has implemented textbook programs while ripping the creativity out of the curriculum. People choose private schools because we do not want the teachers teaching out of a box. Teachers are the heart and soul of a school and the current leadership is turning them into or replacing them with robotic, Stepford-like educators. If we wanted our children to learn from a textbook, we would go buy these books and teach them at home. Graland used to burst with creative, happy, strong academic energy. This happiness as been replaced with bland, negative energy and a culture of fear. Clearly, my children do not attend the school anymore, thank goodness. Graland has become a dictatorship with a leader and her "minions" who are focused on money rather than creative, differentiated, brilliant instruction for kids.

Posted January 10, 2014
We have two children that attend Graland and a third child that we are hoping can enter the pre-k program. My husband and I are very grateful to know that our children are in such a positive environment. My children are very different, but both enjoy going to school every day (my son was at another school and had many days that he didn't want to attend). I am a working mother in the technology industry and I believe that the education my children are receiving will prepare them for whatever they choose to pursue. The breadth of education is terrific and every day, they proactively share with me what they've learned; whether its about culture, language, music or math. I think that the difference at Graland is that the experience is joyful. Graland believes in the importance of teaching a life long love of learning and curiosity.

Graland Country Day School
55 Clermont St, Denver, CO  80220
Last modified Graland Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Graland Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top