Bad
Good

Posted September 28, 2015
We could not be happier with Academia Ana Marie Sandoval. It was important for us that our child would be educated bilingual and this school is living up to expectations. In addition, we do not find that the dual language delays the academic learning in either language. Sandoval teachers and parents are wonderful, fun, and very involved in the children's education. We are proud of the community involvement and fund raising initiatives that allows Academia Ana Marie Sandoval be such a wonderful place to learn.

Posted January 21, 2013
We love Sandoval! We are in our third year there and my son is doing amazing things. He is in kindergarten and is skip counting, adding, reading and even learning his continents. I am excited to see what my daughter will learn during her first year. My favorite part of the school besides the great teachers and , is the parent community. I have never seen so many dads involved in a school and I am a teacher. It is a great school for children to grow up in.

Posted October 21, 2011
Excellent school that is the only true "dual-language/Montessori" in the Rocky Mountain region, no matter what others may say about Valdez (which is not). Caring teachers a very engaged principal and an awesome parent community make for a totally unique and wonderful environment for learning. I've had my kids there for 4 years and love it.

Academia Ana Marie Sandoval 4

Posted January 06, 2011
This has been a good school. The teachers are caring and seem qualified. The structure seems a bit loose, but I think that is just the Montessori style. My son is learning both Spanish and English and that was the whole point of him attending here. They are extra strict, so he has gotten in trouble a few times. All in all it is a good school with fairly involved parents.

Posted October 14, 2010
Academia Sandoval is a dual language Montessori school that encourages kids to learn their way. It has a mix of English speaking and Spanish speaking learners who are excelling.

Posted April 27, 2010
Great commitment from teachers to incorporate a dual language montessori curriculum.

Academia Ana Marie Sandoval 4

Posted January 07, 2010
We've been at the school for 7 years & have been extremely happy with our teachers & our children's education. It's truly a unique experience to see your 9 year old child speak a second language. The program has certainly had its challenges, but I feel our children are experiencing cultures & life lessons far beyond any text book program. The Montessori aspect also promotes individualism and independence.

Academia Ana Marie Sandoval 2

Posted October 14, 2009
I am so upset with this school. I took my daughter out of a wonderful pre-k to attend Sandavol and have regretted my decision ever since. The school does not recognize the importance of parent involvement. They say they do, but when it comes to applying this they fall short. My daughter asks every day if she can stay home and she is in kindergarten!! This should be a time when school is fun!

Posted May 03, 2009
Academia Ana Marie Sandoval is, by far, one of the best elementary schools in the city. Even at the Preschool/Kindergarten level, the teachers and paraprofessionals take their responsibilities very seriously. In less than 2 years at Sandoval, my preschooler learned to read & write most words, can identify 90% of the countries in North and South America on a map (Suriname anyone?) and can speak well in both Spanish and English.

Academia Ana Marie Sandoval 2

Posted February 24, 2009
Sandoval is one of the better schools in the area. It has decent teachers. But academically it leaves much to be desired. The administration is not supportive of teachers, and discipline is a bit of a problem. The Spanish-English program does not function with Montessori; they are trying to mix two programs that don't work together, and there is a high teacher turnover in that area.

Academia Ana Marie Sandoval
3655 Wyandot Street, Denver, CO  80211
Last modified Academia Ana Marie Sandoval is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academia Ana Marie Sandoval Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top