Very happy with the school. Our child has attended The Hollys since Kindergarten. My personal experience has been that it is a very safe and supportive learning environment, both diverse and inclusive. The teachers, staff, and administrators that I have worked with have all been fantastic. A recent independent assesment rated our child in the upper 90th percentiles nationally in both reading and math.
Our son attended Holly Hills last year for his kindergarten year and I must say we were VERY sorely disappointed. Our son began the year as a very loving and inquisitive child eager to learn and make new friends. By the third month he was bullying, using fowl language and had become VERY disrespectful at home. We were not informed of the bullying until right before the very last parent teacher conference of the year in late March. Needless to say we were outraged. The counselor was unresponsive and rude as were the principal and the vice principal. His teacher was a fantastic help as she tried doing her best to help us with this situation. We have since, obviously, changed schools and we are very slowly beginning to see the real little boy that is our son. I do not recommend this school at all! If you have a choice of schools please, please choose a different one!
If you are looking for a school with strong community involvement this is not the school for you - probably less than 10 percent of the neighborhood attend. The other 90 percent are bused. If you are looking for a large diverse urban school this is the school for you. This is a Title 1 school with strong reading and writing programs due to the the diverse population and ELA population. As a result of this attention to ELA, enrichment, science and the arts are lacking.
We love this school, the teachers are all great and the office staff is amazing. The art and science programs are nice and the music programs are great. The only negative is the lack of parent involvement.
I think the academic programs are excellent, as are the art and sports programs. Parents are moderately involved in their children's activities.
Community ratings and reviews do not represent the views of GreatSchools nor does GreatSchools check their accuracy or verify the reviewers' identities. Use your discretion when evaluating these reviews.
The Community Rating is the school’s average rating from its community members (e.g., parents, students, and school staff). The highest possible rating is five stars; the lowest is one star.
Thank you! You will begin to receive newsletters from us shortly.
Great work! Only one more step. Now we just need you to verify your email address. Please click on the link in the email we just sent you to complete your registration.
Great work! Only one more step. Now we just need you to verify your email address. Please click on the link in the email we just sent you to submit your review.
Please click on the link in the verification email we just sent you to complete your change of email address.
Whoops! It looks like we still need to verify your email. To do so, please click on the link in the email we sent you. Can't find the e-mail? Click the button below and we'll send you a new one.
Thanks for registering. Welcome to GreatSchools, the largest online community committed to improving educational outcomes through parental involvement.
Thanks for verifying your updated email address.
Oops! You haven't verified your email address yet. To do so, please click on the link in the email we sent you. Can't find the email? Click the button below to receive a new one.
Oops! That email verification link has expired. Please click the button below to receive a new one.
Join GreatSchools to participate in the parent community and other discussions on our site.
Your review has been posted to GreatSchools.
Share with friends! Post your opinion of Holly Hills Elementary School on Facebook.
Welcome to GreatSchools!
For principals and school officials, we offer a special Enhanced School Profile (ESP) which allows you to update and add information about your school, as well as respond to reviews. If you are a school official, click Continue to start.
Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for your comment to be posted to our site. While you're here, we'd like to invite you to fill out a survey on your school's programs, activities, and extracurriculars. It only takes a few minutes and will help parents get a full picture of your school.
Get started now! You have successfully registered and can now start updating your Official School Profile. The information you provide is extremely valuable in helping parents and students learn more about your school, so thanks for taking the time!
Thank you for registering as a school leader. We just need to verify your email address. We've sent you an email - please click on the link in that message to get started editing your school's information!