Bad
Good

no accountability, principle treats staff terrible and should have been replaced long ago. This could be a great school ,they have some great staff but everyone is out on their own, no bringing a community together. Sad -district needs to dig into things and look closely.

Teachers here are amazing and go above and beyond

Mountain Range High School, is a very good school. But I think the way they handle situations are not handled correctly. Over all, it is a pretty good school. Also, I think the teachers should start doing extra credit, and should let students retake test they got bad scores in.

Most disorganized baseball program EVER! The coaches have zero respect for parents, or their time. The website is never updated, I get my info from the opponents website. Love everything else about the school.

II'm student at Mountain Range and I think that Mountain Range is an excellent school with variety of classes to choose from that build a path to your desired career. Also, Mountain Range has very experienced staff, that ensures safety in every corner of the school, that is why in 2008 when student brought a gun to school, staff reacted quickly and stopped him before he could dealt any damage. Only 6 years around, but the growth is astonishing. Now, teachers in Mountain Range are working very efficiently to deliver material; people can take time to answer your questions. Also, peer tutor center will help you better understand almost any subject, that is also why CSAP growth is high in Mountain Range. Teachers are very patient and ready to give their after school time to help us. Second of all, we're in high school, teachers are not going to do our work for us, we are young adults and we must do our work ourselves to prepare ourselves for college. Mountain Range prepares you for adulthood, if you need help there are many ways to get it, but don't expect you teachers to run after you and push you. Finally about safety, school is your second home, place where you fell safe.

Send your children here if you want them to go to a middle school for an extra 4 years. The teachers and supervisors think we are irresponsible and run the school like a Nazi camp. They don't care if we are successful in life, they just want to move us along so they don't have to deal with us. Ok, so you can't categorize the whole faculty like this but the teachers I have had that actually care, I can count with less than a full hand. "Setting your children up for the failures tomorrow brings" should be their motto.

I'm a student at MRHS, and I love it. The teachers can be strict, but they are also laid back too. They have a tutoring program where they do it during every off hour (I think) I don't agree that a person could just walk in with another persons id on and get in. They check your id a lot. I think the school is really safe, and the classes are challenging and fun. Theres also many classes to pick from, and whatever you want to do you can do it. The music program is really good, and the band & choir is amazing. Teachers are constantly sending parents progress reports so they know whats going on with their kids. And they take the rules seriously.

I am a student there and right now, I wouldnt suggest to go to Mountain range. The school is new right now and they change things like bell scedules, buses, everything. They are treating the first generations of students there as guinea pigs and they really dont know what they are doing. Also, they have many resictions that are really unnessasary. yeah you have to wear ids but honestly i could get any on of my outside friends in. You can just go buy an id and you could walk in there like nothing. They think they are being safe, but its really not that safe. No off campus, ids all the time, you cant even walk through the halls without someone stopping you. Yes that might be safe, but i think it is really ridiculous. Its like a jail always on lockdown. Its not that safe and not established enough.

I am a student there and i definately recommend that all students go here because it is one the most safe school i have been to and its curriculum is challegning and advanced

I love the academics at Mountain Range. I choiced my son into Mountain Range because he had been in honors in Middle School and I wanted him to continue being challenged in 9th and 10th grade. The school is safe and rules are enforced. The Principal communicates via a phone recording if there is something she wants parents to be aware of. The teachers have been great in getting progress reports sent out. They have a strong tennis program and Coach Buck and his staff have been wonderful. I can't say I like the basketball program as well as the tennis program, but that could just be me.

Last modified Mountain Range High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.