Bad
Good

This school has gone through major upgrades in the past two years. The faculty is improved, the parents are improved, and the programs for students and parents are as good as the last school we attended (Steele Elementary). I'm glad we bought a house Berkeley and brought our kids to Centennial. They love the playground and adjacent parks too, so they come home tired and ready for bed, well after a little X-Box time.

This school has changed its name to Centennial A School of Expeditionary Learning. We recently moved into a nearby neighborhood and are choicing into this school for the 2014/ 2015 school year. We are very excited. During all of the visits to the school one thing was obvious - the commitment and investment of the staff to make this a first rate ground breaking school. The NW most school in DPS located near Berkeley Lake just about to embark on its second year as an expeditionary school... don't miss the opportunity to visit this school when deciding where to choice in!

I was reading the reviews of this school and would like to say that I have not experienced any of the things reported here. I have 3 children in this school. I have a 4 th grader, 3rd grader, and1 st grader. We transferred our kids here because of the ridiculous stuff going on at the two schools near us! My kids all love this school! The staff is caring and down to earth I would recommend giving Centenniala try!

This school has really gone downhill since they hired this new principal. I have a son who attended 6-8 here years ago and loved it, and a daughter who attended k-6. For most of those years it was great, but they moved the previous principal and hired the current one. Scores have dropped two years in a row, the middle school has been all but forgotten by the administration (they are phasing it out), lots of behavior issues which aren't addressed by the principals (told to me by several teachers), social needs of the kids are ignored, and the staff has gone through a complete rehiring process. Those who agree with the principal are allowed to stay and those who don't have been fired. They are beginning their first year of Expeditionary Learning this year, so I'll be curious to see how it goes. I don't expect much, as the principal is one of those who seems to be more concerned with her own professional advancement than any needs of the kids. Last year a parent challenged her to name five kids in the room they were talking in and she dodged the question. Wow. We, like many families, transferred out. Good luck to those of you who stayed.

I have two students attending this school one in fourth grade one in second. The faculty seems genuinely concerned for the children attending. But also seem either unprepared or inexperienced at educating young children. I would give the second grade teacher a 3/10 for getting over whelmed to easy by the students, but the work there doing is about right for the age group in this state. the fourth grade teacher a 7/10 very professional and the stuff there working on is right on pace. and princable a 2/10 for not handling simple situations the right way, sometimes kids have great big imaginations but I an starting to think she does too.

Expeditionary Learning! We get to have it...in our own neighborhood school! 1st DPS non-charter EL school! Get ready for exemplary, inquiry based, year long expeditions not traditionally offered to traditional school staff and students. As a new member of the Centennial Expeditionary staff, I am so appreciating the "Yes...do it!!" attitude of the school leaders. Kinder crew...are you ready to become entomologists? See you this fall!

How do you only rate this school at 2/10? This school by far exceeds Edison. Well until later this year anyway. Highly recemmended if they keep all the current teachers!!

Our daughter has been at Centennial from K-3rd grade and I can't say enough wonderful things. We have been REALLY happy with all the teachers and parent involvement is getting better. Very underrated school.

My son went to centennial for kindergarten and we loved it. The next year I moved him to Edson because of the test scores. This was the WORST thing I could have done!!!!!! I'm happy to say that we are back at the BEST school in Denver Centennial!!! At this school the teachers are people who can relate to the the kid. The make it a fun and SAFE place to learn!!!! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELP MAKE THIS SCHOOL THE BEST!!!!!!

I had two concerns regarding sending my daughter to Centennial. The first was the fact that the school had low test scores and the second was that it is a K 8 school. Both my fears were unfounded. I worried with low test scores that the school would be teaching to a lower standard. I did not find this to be the case at all. I was amazed at the skills and concepts that were being taught at the Kindergarten level and feel my daughter is not only learning but is challenged each day. The school also does an excellent job of keeping the interactions between the middle school (6 8) and the grade school (K-5) to a minimum. When the interaction does occur it is in a controlled environment. For example, the middle school children help in the grade school classrooms. I believe this is a plus for both sides. We had an opportunity to opt out of the school this year, but with the dedication of the Principal and her staff we have decided to stay put!

Last modified Centennial A School for Expeditionary Learning is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.