Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

My son has math homework almost every single night. He is also expected to read every night and keep track of his progress. I feel like my son is being challenged in all the right areas. Thank you Ms. Locke and Mr. Heidrick !

My son loves his school. Very close knit, teachers and staff are very helpful. Miss Carmen is amazing. The secretaries are knowledgeable and friendly. Staff also has children attending there, so I feel safe leaving him everyday knowing the entire school works together for the children. His math class has challenged him. He's learning a lot and he's happy. I have not one bad thing to say about this school. You would be pleasantly surprised by this school and their staff.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I feel that this school has not developed honesty, integrity nor fairness in its students... I feel that if we are going to teach all of these aspects mentioned above, the leadership in this school for the last two years should have led by example... I have seen a lot of growth in this school for many years prior to two years ago and also have seen a recent and drastic decline in many aspects. I truly believe in the statement, "Attitude reflects leadership", and I have seen many wonderful teachers and families leave in the past couple of years... I am sad to see what has happened and is happening in this school and I just hope that the Colfax Elementary community can find an effective leader to turn this school around to what it once was, a place where students were the focus and where the wonderful, caring teachers, parents and students feel welcome and want to stay.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Lots of inappropriate teachers and constant staff turnover make effectiveness virtually impossible. So disappointing and unprofessional

Amount of homework: Disagree

They started out with huge packets every night and then it went to nothing. Extremely inconsistent

Develops character: Disagree

Bullying is dealt with with a slap on the wrist, even for repeat offenders and extremely violent behavior.

I was really skeptical on my kids attending colfax elementary for the 2015/2016 year. However my daughter shirley an my son bobby really excelled at all levels an was really surprised to see the one on one interaction with the teachers an with my son being his first year head start ..i seen yhe low school grade 3 out of 10...to me the school is where our kids learn an thats it .If parents think its a daycare thats where the mistake is hopefully this year i see more parents taking time to eat lunch an interact with there kids an school ..

This school is aweful!!!! I ended up having to pull her out of the school. My daughter who could not wait to start kinder, who loves going anywhere w/ other kids would hold onto my jacket screaming &crying because she hated this school so much all the kids were mean to her they wouldn't play with her she learned NOTHING no communication what so ever between the school and the parents. It was a horrible experience luckily I got her into a great school now and she is learning and loves it, its crazy the difference in schools from one to the other in Denver.

As a parent i am very satisfied with this school. My kids excelled at this school and continue to do so. Mrs. Martinez was a great principle and will be missed:( Great communication, parents are treated with respect. Stay involved with your children this is in every school Blam is not always the teachers!

I was pleased with this school up until last year...I am disappointed with things that have taken place at this school...I would like to remind a few teachers that best way to advertise your school is through word of mouth. Although there are some really good teachers, there are some that do not know how to relate to the children that they teach/neighborhood that they are in everyday.

Last modified Colfax Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.