Denver, CO

Colfax Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2014
This school is aweful!!!! I ended up having to pull her out of the school. My daughter who could not wait to start kinder, who loves going anywhere w/ other kids would hold onto my jacket screaming &crying because she hated this school so much all the kids were mean to her they wouldn't play with her she learned NOTHING no communication what so ever between the school and the parents. It was a horrible experience luckily I got her into a great school now and she is learning and loves it, its crazy the difference in schools from one to the other in Denver.

Posted August 24, 2014
As a parent i am very satisfied with this school. My kids excelled at this school and continue to do so. Mrs. Martinez was a great principle and will be missed:( Great communication, parents are treated with respect. Stay involved with your children this is in every school Blam is not always the teachers!

Colfax Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
I was pleased with this school up until last year...I am disappointed with things that have taken place at this school...I would like to remind a few teachers that best way to advertise your school is through word of mouth. Although there are some really good teachers, there are some that do not know how to relate to the children that they teach/neighborhood that they are in everyday.

Posted July 09, 2012
Colfax Tigers are slowly but surely climbing up the education ladder, and no one can stop us. As the parent of a young soon to be second grade tiger cub I am so excited about the up-coming school year. We will have an amazing teacher this year because the entire staff is amazing, hard working, and genuinely care about everyone. Like every school out there its not perfect, and much work is still needed to compete. In the future Colax will be a model for other schools around the community . I love Colfax for my daughter, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. I tell everyone I know that this school is the place to be for a great education pre- k to 5th grade.

Posted October 05, 2011
I disagree about the bullying, I have witnessed firsthand how quickly the principal and staff work to keep the children safe at all levels and how quickly they respond to unaceptable behavior. The principal and staff at Colfax are amazingly patient and truly caring when it comes to all aspects of the students education and behavior. My grandchildren have been enrolled at Colfax for the pat 4 years and I have seen nothing but cooperation, caring, communication and community involvement while they have been enrolled here. The key is to stay involved in your childs education, know who his/her friends are make yourself available to the teachers to volunteer as their task is not an easy one. Kudos to all staff and administration!

Colfax Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2011
this school is horrible the bully tolerance is a joke my son was bullied for 2 years and now again this year they were going to put him in the same class again also the principal is a joke no communication between faculty and parents only a hand full of good teachers i would not recommend this school to anybody just stay away!!!!!

Posted August 14, 2009

Posted December 19, 2008
My son is a kindergarten student in Ms. Toni's class. He adores this school! Under the genuinely caring and supportive guidance of his teacher and her staff. he has quickly learned to read, does basic math, and has developed an overall love of learning. Colfax teachers and staff are down to earth, go out of their way to help you, and offer many wonderful services such as afterschool programs, Spanish immersion classrooms, free breakfast and lunch, and academic tutoring. I highly recommend Colfax's kindergarten program!!

Posted January 10, 2006
- a former student
To start off colfax is a great elementary school. The level of commitment from the teachers is unbellivable. The staff there is amazing. The staff and the teachers have always found it neccessary to involve our kids with any and all activities as possible. The quallity of academics their is great due to the fact that the teachers spend so much time with the kids teaching them, and helping them learn in a way that is easy for them and fun too. Colfax Elementary also has a wide variety of extracurricular activites that go beyound the everyday routine for school. A few of these activities include after school programs, band, billingual classes and the list goes on. Finally to say the least, the parent invlolvment at Colfax is unbellivable. No matter what the parents at Colfax Elementary always find time to participate in our childrens future.

Colfax Elementary School
1526 Tennyson St, Denver, CO  80204
Last modified Colfax Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colfax Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top