Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 28, 2015
I would say thanks to every teacher I have had at this school for putting up with such incompetence from me.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 28, 2015
They are so much better than alternative school teachers they really do give you fun projects to be creative. That is what I miss the most about normal school.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 28, 2015
I really looooovvvveee how much work they give you it makes me miss being somebody. It sucks being at an alternative school and I miss getting my classwork from here

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 28, 2015
They really will make sure you are doing your best. And if you dont they will help you the best they can.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted September 28, 2015
It depends on who they think you are honestly. I didnt like that they treated me the way they did but that's life. A 17 year old boy doesn't deserve an education.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 28, 2015
They really do its just they were upset when I dropped out and they heard alot about my home life and it spread all throughout the school.

Posted June 10, 2015
East High School held some of the best experiences of my life. I moved to Denver from Winter Park CO when I was going into my freshman year. It was extremely difficult moving from a high school with 400 students total to a high school of 2200 students, but I wouldn't change a THING. Being heavily involved in music, both the choir teacher and the band teacher were, and STILL are top of the line musicians as well as fantastic teachers. Although I didn't have the best test scores and I wasn't valedictorian, my education at East landed me at a BIG10 school in of the best music schools in the country where I am still continuing to study music. My point being, at East High School you can be, do, and accomplish anything you want. The teachers will be right by your side cheering you on as long as you put in the work. I found my passion at this high school, not to mention a ton of other friends who had so many different passions. If you are lucky enough to send your child to this school, I promise it is an amazing choice. I still return to the fourth floor every now and then to witness the unforgettable view of the city.

Posted April 06, 2015
excellent performing arts and sports program. Teaching staff is involved and interested in student development

East High School 4

Posted May 25, 2014
In many ways this is a very good school & I'm willing to delete the comment & write about all the great stuff. One appalling flaw that I and many other parents have brought up for more than this year to admin is the practice in 1 Spanish rm. The teacher uses like a roulette wheel for kids to earn 'pesos' for participating in class. They participate (if called on), spin a wheel thing, then where ever it lands is how many pesos the kid gets. Don't know exactly-there are various numbers from 0-100 on the wheel. Kids buy pesos from other kids so they can get their participation grade up (a friend in my kid's class has pd > $25 for pesos this yr from others who gets picked all the time and has more pesos than they need.) If they get a bad grade on the final exam, they can hand in any extra pesos to make their grade better. One kid who has tons of pesos has been saying that they can fail the final next wk & still get an A. How about the kid that doesn't get picked often & doesn't have $ to buy pesos from others? Admin people says the roulette is used in many foreign lang classes to get kids to participate more. Admin says the buying of pesos isn't taking place anymore- false.

Posted March 07, 2014
We are new to the city and we knew East HS would be a big change for my 9th grade daughter. It has been the very best change. The school culture is one of accepting all people as they are. Students can be who they want to be. Because of this my daughter has completely blossomed. She is so much more confident and happier. She is actually excited to go to school each day! It is not a cookie cutter, fit the "middle class, white, very christian, athlete" mold (as it was before we moved). There is so much diversity and yet, everyone seems to meld together and respect others even if they are different. It is a very safe school and while there is open lunch where the students can walk to Colfax for lunch and after school, police presence and dean presence is strong. They do not mess around if they think students are involved with drugs or fighting. The academics are great as with most college prep high schools. They offer many AP classes and honors classes. Choir and drama seem to be huge, as does Speech and Debate, and Basketball. Going to East has been life changing for my very miserable middle schooler! Love it!!

1600 City Park Esplanade, Denver, CO  80206
Last modified East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top