Denver, CO

Posted March 15, 2015
It is a great school - primarily bc of the teachers. My kids have been here for 7 years - and the teachers and staff continue to amaze us. My kids have gotten the attention they need at all levels - and it's above grade level. There is a Principal change this year and changes have started - in regards to process, services and teachers - and we hope that it is for the better to serve all the kids. The ones performing at all levels. This school as a 77% low income population - with TONS of smart kids. The diversity is 30% black, 30% Hispanic, 30% white - and 10% other (Asian, American Indian, 2 or more races) - so the mix is FABULOUS! The combination of teachers, attention to ability level, and diversity - I would pick this school for my kids for elementary - over most schools in our state.

Posted January 07, 2014
Strong leadership, strong staff and academic curriculum. Good diversity in student population. School has good relationship with surrounding community.

Posted April 04, 2013
Not only does this school have a significant place in Colorado history, but the staff I have encountered have been absolutely amazing. I have a special needs child on the Autism Spectrum (high functioning) and even though we do not yet have an IEP established, faculty is going out of their way to make sure she is thriving and learning. The first day we started (we transferred in from another district), we met with not just her teacher, but all the first grade teachers, all the special education staff AND the principal. They have gone way out of their way to make sure my children have a positive learning experience, which is more than I can say for the Jeffco Schools we have experience with. I am also thoroughly impressed with the school nutrition program here. Not only is breakfast free of charge to ALL students regardless of income, but lunch provides so many fresh ORGANIC produce selections and the menu is certainly an upgrade from what I was fed in DPS schools twenty-plus years ago as a kid. I am proud to have this school as our neighborhood learning institution!

Posted January 09, 2013
My child is also in Kindergarten here and we have had nothing but great experiences. No hitting, bumping, biting or any etc. The teachers are great and work hard. We will be coming back next year. As far as safety it is up to you to make sure your kids are safe before school starts and there have been no problems that I have heard of in that regard. The only reason this school rates lower is because all of parents that live around it put their kids in private schools, if they saved their money and opted in to Dora the school would be as great as Bromwell.

Posted November 21, 2012
My Kindergartener goes here and he is continually involved in some type of violent activity with other students. The school nurse has called me like three times to report him being bitten, bumped, hit, etc.. The school really has an amazing legacy, but failing grades in the CSAP and TCAP scores. I want to switch to Bromwell next year if possible.. or Teller.. Oh, and the place is not safe in the mornings, inadequate staff on the playground.

Posted October 10, 2010
I love it at Dora Moore school. There is a new era of parent evolvement coupled with great administration and teaching. This is a great urban school.

Posted November 27, 2007
It is an average school, since the old princple, mr. Martinez left it just does not seem the same.

Moore K-8 School 4

Posted May 03, 2006
Moore is an excellent school with amazing educators. The diversity celebrated at this school is what sets it apart from the rest.

Posted February 13, 2006
I was saddened by the lack of parental involvement and absence of a community feeling to this school. The middle school children add a dynamic that doesnt fit with the elemetary side of things. I wondered some days if I was doing more harm than good sending my child into that enviroment, he came home very discouraged and deflated some days.

Moore K-8 School
846 Corona St, Denver, CO  80218
Last modified Moore K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moore K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top