Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted April 25, 2016
For at least sharing a common opinion that countless other kids do, so I feel normal.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 25, 2016
I haven't had a single night where I don't get homework for months, it's redicolous.

Posted April 25, 2016
This is a really silly school. I see that it was much better when koyama wasn't running the circus, and students got to socialize, go on fieldtrips, etc. Our new principal has the most redicolous dresscode. Black or white shirts with jeans jean shorts. Or expensive skinner clothes that the school wants to sell desperately because their funding is probably pretty horrible. There's a pajama day at that school. ALL YOU GET TO WEAR IS A 20 DOLLAR PAIR OF SWEATPANTS WITH AN S LOGO IRONED INTO THE SIDE! What?! And the community couldn't be worse. Defiant kids that want attention disrupt classes, ruin all the fun, etc. You'd think their parents would give them some discipline, BUT NO! I hate it over there. Hate it. Behavior never changes, koyama let's some teachers bully around their students, and bullies her students herself. There's some teachers that they let go as far to validate EVERYONE'S test score if someone's phone goes off. Even if its in somebodies locker outside the room. Makes total sense. IT'S MIDDLE SCHOOL, NOT A BOOT CAMP! You cant wear hoodies or jackets during class hours and you got 25 minutes of lunch. Our entire school day is learning. I hate it. We went in 1 field trip this entire year, but they act as if 6th grade is college over there. I can see why students act out. If your another student and everyone thinks skinner is the perfect school and you should go there, it's not. It's the exact opposite. My friends and I really regret coming here! Don't waste your time here like I did. Go to a school like lake, or strive instead. Parents, please tell your kids of they want to go here to consider their options heavily. Please. I don't want them to experience what I do daily.

Posted November 29, 2014
My school is a grate school. when people walk in the school you an feel safe. The teachers are always listening to the children. Its a school which students can really focus on learning. I really recommend parents to bring their kids hear. They prepare them for when they get into high school and collage.

Posted September 26, 2014
I am a 7th grader in the 2014-2015 school year. I love the sports, teachers, and the Uplift program. Otherwise I hate this school. We have 25 minutes of lunch and recess and we have to be silent at lunch and sit in assigned seats. The students at this school fight, do drugs, and cuss at teachers and students. I feel as if the principal is not involved as she should be. and may i add that we have dress code for gang related things. Never send your kid here. They will have a horrible middle school memory.

Posted June 12, 2014
Skinner went downhill this year. They doubled the student body and teachers have turned into bullies. My daughter has obvious social anxiety and some teachers, principal and afterschool Uplift coordinater punish her and refuse to find a way to help her communicate. A science teacher there routinely loses students work. He also humiliates various students for no reason. If you send your child here, advocate for them. Many teachers do nothing about bullying and the principal is worse.

Posted April 01, 2014
Skinner Middle School is a school that deserves recognition due to all its dedicated staff and excellent work ethics towards working and providing the best services for students. Skinner also works along student's families and the community to provide services. Also, Skinner has develop systems that provide strong structures for students. Skinner has also construe a strong support team staff (throughout the years) that works together as a well developed foundation to provide mental health support and discipline for all the middle school kids. It has been a privilege to have had the opportunity to be part of their team as their school psychologist intern for this the school year 2013-2014.

Posted October 27, 2013
My daughter is a Special Needs student and we couldn't be happier about her attending Skinner. Teachers from all over the school know her by name and say hello to her, and several times teachers have come up to us thanking us for sending her to Skinner! They not only watch and meet her academic needs, but her social as well. This is her first year at Skinner and she already has made several good friends as well as being liked and welcomed by other students. The staff, from custodians and cooks to the principal, love the students and it shows every day. Not only when they greet each kid by name as they enter the school, but by how they push each kid to do their best in a very positive way. My daughter, who for years has had real trouble reading, is now reading on her own every night. She is adamant that her homework gets done "for my teacher," and tries her very hardest to do it right and well. The administration is excellent in communicating with parents, and the PTA is very strong with a lot of community support for this staff and school. Full disclosure: I'm a middle school teacher in another district and in my 20 years of teaching have never seen a better middle school.

Posted September 26, 2013
I believe that all the teachers at Skinner are invested in my child's growth. This includes both the academically and socially.

Posted August 11, 2013
Being at Skinner was a awesome experience. It really showed me the importance of education and responsibly. Itwas the best four years of my life. I will never forget skinner and my experience there.

3435 West 40th Avenue, Denver, CO  80211
Last modified Skinner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.