Denver, CO

Posted November 29, 2014
My school is a grate school. when people walk in the school you an feel safe. The teachers are always listening to the children. Its a school which students can really focus on learning. I really recommend parents to bring their kids hear. They prepare them for when they get into high school and collage.

Skinner Middle School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
I am a 7th grader in the 2014-2015 school year. I love the sports, teachers, and the Uplift program. Otherwise I hate this school. We have 25 minutes of lunch and recess and we have to be silent at lunch and sit in assigned seats. The students at this school fight, do drugs, and cuss at teachers and students. I feel as if the principal is not involved as she should be. and may i add that we have dress code for gang related things. Never send your kid here. They will have a horrible middle school memory.

Skinner Middle School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
Skinner went downhill this year. They doubled the student body and teachers have turned into bullies. My daughter has obvious social anxiety and some teachers, principal and afterschool Uplift coordinater punish her and refuse to find a way to help her communicate. A science teacher there routinely loses students work. He also humiliates various students for no reason. If you send your child here, advocate for them. Many teachers do nothing about bullying and the principal is worse.

Posted April 01, 2014
Skinner Middle School is a school that deserves recognition due to all its dedicated staff and excellent work ethics towards working and providing the best services for students. Skinner also works along student's families and the community to provide services. Also, Skinner has develop systems that provide strong structures for students. Skinner has also construe a strong support team staff (throughout the years) that works together as a well developed foundation to provide mental health support and discipline for all the middle school kids. It has been a privilege to have had the opportunity to be part of their team as their school psychologist intern for this the school year 2013-2014.

Posted October 27, 2013
My daughter is a Special Needs student and we couldn't be happier about her attending Skinner. Teachers from all over the school know her by name and say hello to her, and several times teachers have come up to us thanking us for sending her to Skinner! They not only watch and meet her academic needs, but her social as well. This is her first year at Skinner and she already has made several good friends as well as being liked and welcomed by other students. The staff, from custodians and cooks to the principal, love the students and it shows every day. Not only when they greet each kid by name as they enter the school, but by how they push each kid to do their best in a very positive way. My daughter, who for years has had real trouble reading, is now reading on her own every night. She is adamant that her homework gets done "for my teacher," and tries her very hardest to do it right and well. The administration is excellent in communicating with parents, and the PTA is very strong with a lot of community support for this staff and school. Full disclosure: I'm a middle school teacher in another district and in my 20 years of teaching have never seen a better middle school.

Posted September 26, 2013
I believe that all the teachers at Skinner are invested in my child's growth. This includes both the academically and socially.

Posted August 11, 2013
Being at Skinner was a awesome experience. It really showed me the importance of education and responsibly. Itwas the best four years of my life. I will never forget skinner and my experience there.

Skinner Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
My school is an example of what a small number of dedicated people can do to make a change. In the past five years Skinner has evolved into a rising star in Denver Public Schools as a traditional middle school. Six years ago, many parents choiced out of this neighborhood school, and now parents are concerned that they won't be able to get in. Skinner's focus on academic achievement and a culture of inclusion are exemplary. Sports are offered year round to help kids become more focused with the hope of fostering self esteem, a sense of achievement, and a competitive drive to succeed. A great option for those looking for the traditional middle school experience.

Skinner Middle School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Fantastic teachers and staff who go above and beyond to help the kids. Test scores are rising, but it will always be lower than schools that have kids that have more advantages outside of school. Our only major complaint is that there is no recess of any length for the kids. It is tough for 6th-8th graders to be in school for so long without any running around each day outside of a few minutes at lunch.

Posted August 02, 2013
I am so happy with my daughter's school. She has really excelled on so many levels. Moving her to Skinner was a good choice. She is learning lots, very active, loves the teachers and staff. I love that this is a no nonsense school.

Skinner Middle School
3435 West 40th Ave, Denver, CO  80211
Last modified Skinner Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skinner Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top