Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 05, 2016
I am impressed with the leadership team at CCA. They are very engaged with the students and parents. They offer plenty of opportunities for parents to discuss challenges and they are open to ideas. The finances are transparent. I believe they are honest, hard-working and fair. They truly care about running the school with the input of parents.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 05, 2016
I feel like my kids will be well prepared for high school and college when they leave CCA. They have just the right amount of homework to get a sense of accomplishment and develop work/time management habits.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 05, 2016
Yes! You can see it when you walk through the middle school classrooms. This is the age when it's especially challenging and it's clear CCA has done well in developing their character.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 05, 2016
Teachers and staff remind students to be good friends. They also display a compassionate attitude themselves.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 05, 2016
On top of the high academic expectations, CCA also values positive character traits. Morning announcements include one of those traits (such as integrity) and how to display that trait. Children are rewarded for displaying those qualities throughout the day. I have never seen such a respectful group of middle school students in all my experience in education...it is a sign that this system is working!

Posted February 05, 2016
Our children have been at CCA for 3 years now. Between our 3 children we have experience with 3 other public elementary schools and one public middle school. I'm so glad that we were able to get the kids into CCA...this school is stellar. The administration is transparent, honest and fair. They treat all families with respect and help every student to achieve. They celebrate culture and diversity. The teachers set high expectation for students and there is a very supportive parent community at CCA. I feel like I've won the lottery being a part of this school!

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 2

Posted January 27, 2016
We attended CCA for four years. While the child got a sound academic education, other important facets such as teaching the child to think critically, allowing the child to be creative, and fostering an atmosphere of open and honest communications between administration and parents seemed to be sadly lacking. A few of the teachers and long-time administrators were extraordinary and much cherished; others were detrimental for the self-confidence and development of the child. The leadership has an authoritarian management style; instead of working with parents as partners on this important developmental journey our experience has been that parents who are not on the school senate are treated as a necessary evil (albeit open conduit for financial support) . Nothing replaces going into the school and 'kicking the tires' to get a feel for the atmosphere and sitting down and interviewing the principal before you decide whether the values of this charter school align with your values. For some families a school that seems rigid, domineering and inflexible might have other qualities that make it a fit; we left with the impression that graduates are not necessarily prepared for a smooth transition to high school nor are they given the best tools to be successful beyond high school. Don't rely on school rankings or awards when making this important decisions; rely on your eyes and ears and talk to current and previous parents. Good luck!

Posted October 29, 2014
CCA is a fantastic school! My son is very bright and is being challenged even in kindergarten. He is learning the same level math as his sister, who is in 3rd grade at our local public elementary school. I really cannot say enough good things about this school! The teachers, staff, and PTO parents are all awesome and all have a very high interest in helping our children and our school succeed. It is beyond organized and the administration staff are very good at their jobs! The principal is a super great guy! We are so grateful to be part of the CCA Family. If I had something negative to say I would absolutely say it, but I don't. Okay, so we really need another parking lot. I am very pleased with the curriculum, environment, and staff! Get your kids on the wait list as soon as they're born!

Cherry Creek Charter Academy 2

Posted August 18, 2014
I just recently graduated from Cherry Creek Academy and both me and my parents couldn't be happier to get out of there. Before assuming that this post is just a student who had a few issues with their teacher, take into account that every single student, as well as most parents, also feel bitterly towards CCA after having an unpleasant middle school experience. When my brother went to Cherry Creek Academy for middle school, the teachers were great. After a faculty change, the quality of learning and fun at the school drastically changed. The middle school teachers behave as gossipy teenage girls, and ask us to respect them. Though teachers have the power in this situation, it's ridiculous to think students will respect you if you have no respect for them. They can be very rude and also need to learn to keep personal problems with students outside of the classroom. Both me as a student, and my parents wish I would've attended a different middle school. Going into high school this year I feel very unprepared both socially and academically. 1 good thing I have to say is the Spanish program is amazing. (Thanks, Sra Alaniz! You were my silver lining.)

Posted July 30, 2014
I feel blessed that our child received a spot at. CCA. Our son is a very active boy so I was afraid it could be too regimented but be actually thrives here and the school does plenty to foster sports and free time so he has plenty of wiggle time. They have gym class throughout elementary and our son participates in the local soccer, flag football/baseball leagues. That is what children do until middle school - and then they have school organized after school sports. I LOVE the uniforms. Sure the initial investment each year can be tough but I know that the savings of only purchasing weekend clothes is immense. Uniforms equalize the children and keep the focus on them and their classes. It's a blessing that our son isn't worried about what brand jeans or expensive jerseys he wants to wear. We participate in the used clothing sale and make money selling our old uniforms and purchase others at a discount. As far as fundraising we experienced our neighbors public school fundraisers which seemed to be non stop - so public, private or charter it's required. The school does require parents to participate but that's why it works - it takes a village and CCA is truly our partner!

6260 South Dayton Street, Englewood, CO  80111
Last modified Cherry Creek Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Creek Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top