No rating

Front Range Baptist Academy

Private | PK-12 | 8 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Fort Collins

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $227,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted September 26, 2011

My son is in Mrs. Purdue's Pre-K 4 class this year. This has been one of the best decisions we have made for our son. He has only been there for about 2 months but he has learned so much already. They have learned phonics, cursive handwriting, several songs, and proper classroom behavior. He loves going to school. He even loves the after school program with Mrs. Ackers. I can't believe this is one of the most affordable preschools in Fort Collins! It's definitely worth more than what I pay!

Posted February 13, 2011

This school stands out among other Christian schools in the area, in the leadership, responsibility, morals, and maturity of their students.

Posted January 31, 2011

The teachers show individual students with all backgrounds and skill levels equal attention. The school has a variety of activities and sports programs. The curriculum used is accredited, and is great for students who want to aim for high goals!

Posted October 10, 2010

My son was in the pre-k and now he is in the Kindergarten pogram. Ms. Purdue is the best preschool teacher ever and my kids have been in multiple christian preschools. This is the best school in Fort Collins and they are a blessed staff

Posted January 27, 2010

Our son has attended FRBA since the 2nd grade and is now in Junior High. We are deeply grateful for the school, the teachers and the administration. The faculty truly care about the students and the environment is wonderful. We also appreciate the good balance with sports, and fine arts. Great school!

Posted September 16, 2009

FRBA offers Christian education with a loving atmosphere at a reasonable price. Thank you for providing an educational environmental that will train children to become responsible, functional adults tha t contribute to their community.

Posted August 6, 2009

My daughter has attended FRBA for several years. The dress code is very strict and difficult to comply with, especially for girls. The staff feels that parents need to find other sources of clothing than the local stores. The staff seems to genuinely care for the academic and spiritual welfare of students, but takes an overly legalistic standpoint on what students and families are allowed to do in and out of school. I don't completely agree with their viewpoint on what is Biblical . Many of the school s conduct requirements are man-made rules designed to keep us living spiritually safe. This is the same approach that the Pharisees took with the Jews in Jesus day and He chastised them for it on numerous occasions. That is biblical! I m concerned about the school's lack of accreditation. I hope there s no issue when my daughter applies at university, unless it s a Christian university.

Posted April 3, 2009

I have had kids in the school for over 2 decades and I think it is the best school in the area and the price is better than any other Christian school in the region

Posted October 17, 2008

We love attending this school. We have been at this school for the past 10+ years and have seen 3 admins come and go. They have gotten better and better each time. We have had our ups and downs, but the ups surly overcome the downs in a heartbeat. The kids are getting used to wearing the nicer clothes and they are spending more time worrying about their grades than anything else. We praise God for this school everyday!

Posted October 2, 2008

Front Range Baptist Academy has provided a wonderful experience for my son. He entered in kindergarten and has excelled. Not only his teachers, but other teachers and administrators know all of the students and are actively involved in the education process. Parents are active as well which creates an environment for learning. The dress code actually presents an opportunity for children to focus on their education rather than their choice of clothing or style.

Posted September 28, 2005

Both of my children go to FRBA and truly love it. The teachers are awesome, the music program is great and the sports programs are a positive motivator.

Posted August 11, 2005

My son was a second grader last year at FRBA. My wife and I were very pleased with the empahsis on solid academics taught in a clearly Christian environment. The teachers were interested in our son and very communicative. We've re-enrolled him this year and he's excited about returning!

Posted July 3, 2005

ok school, worried the kids do not have enough extracurricular activities. Some kids live a very sheltered life in this environment and get a little shell shocked when graduated from high school. I am not convinced it is a christian education that is relevent for this day and age. Kids are too sheltered to make a smooth transition into the real world. Good teachers when I was there. Good curriculum.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 15, 2004

I think it is a good school.The teachers seemed very nice when I visited FRBA.But I noticed that every student was dressed up.I suggest that they be allowed to wear sweat pants and t-shirts, which would be more comfortable for them.Also, it would seem easier for the students to obey dress code if they do not have reason to worry that their knees are showing, or that their shirt tails are not tucked in.If I went to school there when i was younger, I would be too worried about the teaches giving me demerits for my clothes to be doing my work.Besides,today it is tremendously hard to find clothes for girls, especially shirts, so I am just suggesting that they be allowed to wear t-shirts.

Posted April 8, 2004

It is such a priviledge to have my child at Front Range Baptist Academy. This school has strong leadership & academics. The teachers are outstanding! I have seen wonderful & positive changes in my child since he began attending. My only regret is that I did not start him at Kindergarten.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Japanese
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

School start time
  • 8:15am
School end time
  • 3:15am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Mr. Jamison Coppola
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious