Greenwood Village, CO
Students enrolled: 1,112

Posted February 23, 2014
While our student has only attended this school for 8th grade this year, by all means of comparison this middle school is above the average. The teachers are passionate and push the kids to their maximum ability. The counselors are concerned and involved in the students' school lives. There are varying levels of classes to suit a variety of learners, with some of the most advanced classes in the subject of math. This is a school where making good grades is a cool thing and high achieving in academics is stressed. Having moved from a fairly high achieving DPS school, we are completely impressed with the level of professionalism, parent contact & participation and care for the well being of the students. It feels as if it is a private school. There are a variety of students in attendance, and, while not in central Denver, this is not a purely homogeneous school. We were hesitant to have to start our student in 8th grade at this school, not sure of acceptance or cliques that may make for a difficult transition, but the results have been truly impressive. Our child was welcome by her peers without issue and comes home everyday with a smile, happy to tell us about her day. Well done

West Middle School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
Quite possibly the best public middle school in Colorado. Supportive, engaging teachers who truly care about the students and a great preparatory system for the high school. Tons of extracurriculars in sports, fine arts, and academics. The elitism due to the surrounding wealthy communities may be a problem if you are not of significantly above average income, and there is a bullying problem but otherwise a great school!

West Middle School 1

Posted September 04, 2013
This school has bullies. I had to take my child out, because she was so depressed and anxious.

Posted August 27, 2013
My son had a great experience through three years at West. I found both the academics and the extracurriculars (band and track) to be excellent. His teachers took a personal interest in him, and we had good support for his (relatively mild, I'll admit) special needs.

West Middle School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
This school is above average with the academic record however both of my kid that I out through this school were cyberbullied which led to a bad diagnosis of depression. Both of them. If you are only looking at academics this schools record is shiny clean and would most defiantly stand, but the social statuses of your children is a whole 'nother story

Posted May 22, 2013
West is a great school. My kids both had a great education and I like the fact that it has a smaller feel. It's been a great experience.

Posted April 22, 2013
This middle school is absolutely amazing at preparing its students for the rigors of high school. Add this to experienced professionals, and a vast variety of options for students at the school and your child will receive the best middle years education possible if you choose West!

West Middle School 2

Posted March 19, 2013
I believe the school is great academically, but they aren't great at protecting students from harassment.

Posted February 21, 2013
My two kids are attending West and the school is fabulous. Involved teachers, accessible principal and administrators, great counselors and strict security guards and deans.

Posted December 20, 2008
West is a fabulous school. My kids love it there. Many of the teachers are great and really do want to see your child succeed. The principal is very approachable and the counselors are very helpful. I don't agree with the posting that the emphasis is on the CSAP scores more than academics. I have had teachers work closely with me to make sure my child succeeds in the daily classroom We feel very lucky to be attending this school.

West Middle School
5151 South Holly, Greenwood Village, CO  80121
Last modified West Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top