No rating

Cherry Hills Christian

Private | PK-8 | 1136 students

Living in Highlands Ranch

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $314,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Sweep tile

Posted November 1, 2013

the middle school is amazing, and the elementary is great. Both kids spent k-8 there and i would not trade their wonderful experience for anything!

Posted October 13, 2013

I cant believe I found bad reviews about CHC! I have never heard of "rich parents running the school"! Some people must mistake those parents as the parents who are actually involve. Its shameful to hear anyone speak badly about this school because it has been such a blessing to our split family!

Posted September 13, 2013

Kindergarten great. After that the rich parents run the school. If you have lots of kids you get lots of say, to the detriment of teachers and classes.

Posted February 11, 2012

This school is amazing. I drive my children 30 minutes each way to get here and I wouldn't change it for anything. I love the faith based education my children are receiving. The teachers are phenomenal and the leader ship is excellent. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a school with a solid foundation.

Posted January 28, 2012

Inconsistent leadership, school does not walk it's talk, money talks louder than God at this school and the parents throwing the money are the not the ones you want in charge nor are their kids the type you want yours to go to school with - just our opinion based on our painful experience; teachers, however, are excellent, unfortunately it doesn't make up for the leadership

Posted October 4, 2011

small, appropriate class sizes; loving, effective teachers; spiritual and character development;safe, well-secured school;small community feel

Posted June 30, 2011

We absolutely love this school! This is the third private school (one out of state and one in state) our children have attended since they started going to school. The teachers are amazing and so engaged in what they do. We appreciated that the other parents were so welcoming for our first year at this school. They do challenge the children not only academically but spiritually. We love that the children participate in activities that give back to the community. Not only are the teachers very engaged, but they found the top notch leaders to be the principal for both the lower and middle school. We are grateful for having found this amazing school.

Posted June 6, 2011

Our 2 sons attended and graduated from CHCS and are currently in a local high school. We are extremely pleased with their experience there! The teachers and administrators are first and foremost dedicated to Christ and to modeling a Christian life. The academic offerings are challenging and the teachers are excellent and caring -- our sons were well-prepared for high school and are currently straight "A" students in the top of their classes. I give much of the credit to the foundation and skills they received at CHCS. The students at CHCS are "typical" in that they are not perfect, but the difference is that teachers are able work through any issues within a loving Christian environment. They support what values my husband want instilled in our sons. That to us is priceless! Our oldest son is now preparing for college entrance and taking the ACT exam. His high scores will enable him to attend some of the finest learning institutions in the country. More importantly, he is a leader in his school who loves Christ and others. We are thankful for the academic and spiritual foundation he received at CHCS!

Posted May 10, 2011

I am a seventh grade student at Cherry Hills, and i saw some low star grades, and they were talking about what we ARENT. Well im not saying were perfect, because were not. No one is. But this is what we ARE. We are strong, determined, and we love God. God is in this school and everyone in it. I couldnt imagine going anywhere else. Sure we have some problems, but who doesnt? The teachers are fantastic and they truely do care about every student. They take the time to know each one, and everyone there is really close. This is no ordinary school, sure we have books and grades and teachers. But our school goes on missions trips all over the United States. We go all over colorado too, and try our hardest to help everyone we can. And, we have fun doing it too. This school doesnt just teach us things. It also gives us morals that last a life time. We believe that with God, NOTHING is impossible. Recently, my seventh grade sclass went to New Mexico, and we had a great time there. We helped out a local church, and we made a difference in the community and I know they wont forget everything God did on this trip. All in all, I love this school and everyone in it. THIS is what we're all about.

Posted May 4, 2011

I can oly speak about the middle school, but you really don't get what you pay for. Some of the classrooms are small and stuffy, the math room was the size of a small bedroom and 30 kids were in the class not a great learning enviroment. The kids are not very excepting of other people different from them and are so exclusive. Wouldn't expect this from a christian school. My daughter had a hard time making friends and the girls were just plan rude and thought they were better than others because they had more money or because they attended church and others didn't. I wish I wouldn't have sent my kid there it was a waste of money!!!

Posted May 4, 2011

Do they even have leaders so unorganized, it seems like they don't even know whats going on themselves. Waste of time and money!

Posted November 29, 2010

Middle school teachers are great and know their subjects. They base their classes as if students are in a high school setting ! Ask for help and it's yours with very little waiting ! This school has great unity. There is very little if any disruptions in class because the kids are there to learn. Mu daughter has attended there for 6 years and I couldn't be more pleased !

Posted September 13, 2010

The leadership here is awful. The teachers are wonderful and caring but without good leadership the school struggles.

Posted May 12, 2010

This is our first year at Cherry Hills Preschool and it has been one disapointment after another. We have two other children that will not be attending this school. I would not even waste the time or money on this school. The teacher's seem fine, but the director is horrible. Or who ever is making calls for class parties, field day, class programs. This school has lack of support for their teachers. Their preschool progam seems to be an after thought or just another way to recieve money...

Posted October 6, 2009

The teachers are PHENOMENAL and they really care about each and every kid. The administrators are great, and you always feel like one of the family!

Posted May 15, 2009

This is our first year at CHC. We are thrilled with the entire experience. The children are treated well and there is real family atmosphere here. The academics are great and my children have developed a strong intellectual curiosity from the teaching methods. We would highly recommend it for anyone seeking a safe, caring environment with Christian values and strong academics.

Posted February 8, 2009

Cherry Hills Christian is a wonderful Christian school with excellent academics. The teachers are outstanding!

Posted November 14, 2008

safe, loving, fun environment with wonderful dedicated teachers. My daughter spent 2 years there. Preschool then Pre K. I plan to send my other daughter there as well.

Posted November 10, 2008

I am currently a 7th grade student at CHCMS. There are great students and staff and academics and extra curricular activities are phenomenal.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 23, 2008

I currently go to this school, and I LOVE it! I was a new student this year, and everyone was so welcoming! I feel there are more options there. You never feel pressured, or embarrassed. Teachers will take the time to help you, and will leave no one behind.
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Two or more races 4% N/A
Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Linda Wasem,
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious