Highlands Ranch, CO

Heritage Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Heritage is a wonderful School. As a parent and an employee I feel very confident in the education that my children are receiving. My children are above their grade level in learning and the communication between teachers and parents is excellent. The Principle and Vice Principle are wonderful.

Heritage Elementary School 3

Posted February 27, 2013
We love our teachers at Heritage. As with most schools, you have a few that are questionable but Heritage also has some superstars teaching our students. Our interim principal is doing a great job under unusual circumstances and is somewhat more efficient in handling student issues than the outgoing principal was. However, I do not completely agree with the previous post. Douglas County has some awesome teachers but their hands are tied behind their backs and the schools are having issues because of bad decisions being made by the Douglas County Board of Education. Do your homework, talk to people in the community, search the net, attend a board meeting BEFORE you enroll your child(ren) in any Douglas County School.

Posted February 26, 2013
Wonderful teachers and programs. Douglas county has great schools and this is the best! I have 5 children and they have all loved Heritage. We have a great principle and friendly staff. Not only have my children done well in academics, they have also learned responsibility in a secure environment.

Posted June 15, 2011
Heritage is a wonderful school. The past 2 years the atmosphere and general feeling has taken such an upswing. We finally have a principal who encourages parental interaction and welcomes feedback. Is he ever going to please every family? No. We don't live in a perfect world. I have 2 children, one in fifth and one in third. One high level (close to GT) and one on an IEP, this school does a great job servicing both of them. The front office staff are wonderful. The EA's care about the kids and many will go out of their way and above and beyond what is required of their job. I am proud to have my children attend Heritage.

Posted May 23, 2011
After four years at this school, we have finally decided that enough is enough. My children are not getting a good education here. The teachers for the most part are decent. However, there is such a lack of communication at this school, I can hardly believe it. I have no idea what my children are learning and I AM a very involved parent. The math curriculum is absolutely horrible and will not prepare my kids for the future. If the goal is to confuse children, then they are doing a magnificent job. When the new principal came we thought that the school would turn around. However, we figured out his true agenda when we had a meeting with him. My kids will not be indoctrinated anymore.

Posted November 17, 2010
I have had a great experience with Heritage and also feel the negative reviews are either outdated or from parents that will never be happy with any school. The new principal is fantastic and has really stepped it up in the face of the DCSD budget crisis. The school is thriving and so are the kids that attend.

Posted November 08, 2010
I have read some of the bad reviews here and they are either old and irrelevant or they are from a small faction of parents that seem to never be satisfied with this school. This school has strived (especially in the last 2 years) to put forward the best. They were just recognized for exceeding the District and state average on all 13 CSAP tests. Heritage was 1 of 8 elementary schools to achieve this. There are 46 elementary schools in the district. I feel pretty proud of what Heritage is accomplishing. No, not all the teachers are great, fantastic and made form fairy dust, but that is such a small amount in comparison to the larger group. I think if your child attends here, they will easily receive an above average experience, make good friends and be pushed academically.

Posted October 28, 2010
Have only come across 5-6 good teachers in the seven years that I have had children going to this school. The PE teacher is neglectful and abusive. The best thing about Heritage is that it filters into a very good middle school and high school. If you can sweat out the 6-7 years of incompetence by most of the teachers.

Posted May 16, 2010
I have mixed emotions about this school and have a feeling that things are going to sway in a bad direction once all of the upcoming cuts in staff and activities come down the pike. First and foremost, there is already a lack of communication on the part of the teachers and staff. They seem to not want parent involvement except when it comes to money which I think is unfortunate. Children need to see that their parents care enough to be involved and teachers are obviously overwhelmed so I would think that allowing parents to help would be a blessing. Once your children are in school you almost feel as though they are in lock down! I understand safety but come on. These are our children! It is so sad that important positions are being eliminated or people are being replaced. Miss Waldman, Mr. Redford, possibly Mr. Mass. : (

Posted May 13, 2010
I have had nothing but positive interactions with the teachers and staff. I love the front office. The new principal is very proactive and has a vested interest in making Heritage the best. I have been impressed at the level of communication I have received from teachers, as well as the focused attention my child has received. This year she was in second grade and her teacher has helped us navigate the unfamiliar world of ADHD. Together with her teacher and the Assistant Principal, I feel we have gained some effective (non-medicated) strategies for home and school. I have been really impressed with how her teacher (and the Principal) have respected and encouraged alternative learning techniques. I am looking forward to many more years at Heritage. Thank you Mr. McQueen, the teachers and staff!

Heritage Elementary School
3350 Summit View Parkway, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top