Posted July 16, 2014
My boys transferred to Bear Canyon from Wildcat Mountain when we moved. While I loved Wildcat I feel that Bear Canyon has been overall a better fit for my children. My 1st grader was tested and put in more challenging learning groups as well as offered more rigorous work. At the last school he was bored with the work because there wasn't enough of a challenge. My kinder kid was helped SO much with his needs in reading and language and grew leaps and bounds before the end of the year. Bear Canyon is an 'A' rated school with talented and dedicated teachers and staff. I'm not sure why this site has it rated 8/10 when other sites have rated 9 or 10!

Posted November 13, 2013
Our daughter is in Kindergarden and just loves it! She has already learned so much and is thriving. The students are exposed to a variety of specials and character development. A+

Posted August 20, 2013
I have a 1st grader and pre-Kindergartener at BCE and we couldn't be happier. Communication with the staff is easy and thorough, there are fun activities for the kids and families throughout the year and the teachers we've encountered so far are warm, caring and get the job done! We recently bought a new home and I made sure we only looked in the BCE boundaries.

Posted March 21, 2013
Two of my children are currently attending Bear Canyon, and we love it. The teachers are caring and innovative. They see each of my children as individuals and are interested in their progress. They email weekly and are very encouraging. It's an incredible school.

Posted February 20, 2013
I have had three children at Bear Canyon over a period of 12 years. We have been extremely happy with the quality of instruction, the level of competence of the teachers and other staff, and the atmosphere of the school. When my older two started Middle School, they were extremely well-prepared. In fact a few teachers at the Middle School attributed their readiness to their having attended Bear Canyon Elementary.

Posted December 19, 2012
I have had my oldest who is now 16 and my youngest who currently attends Bear Canyon. It is a wonderul school with lots of resources. Parents are very much involved. Oldest and youngest needed support in learning. They have a wonderful program to keeps your kids on track and not let the kids get left behind. Very caring teachers and parents. Highly recommend! As for not safe???? I would like to know what that is in reference to. Everything is secured and locked. I think it is pretty safe.

Posted October 24, 2012
This is our first year at Bear Canyon Elementary. We moved from a different school in the HIghlands Ranch Douglas County area (which I was not so thrilled about) and I can not begin to explain how incredibly thrilled we are to be a part of this community and school. The staff is so and welcoming. I volunteer in my son's 1st grade calss and am amazed at how well the teacher handels the classroom and the kids thrive under her direction! The staff gives the kids high fives as they walk down the hall knowing their names and establishing a relationship with each child. They recognize the positive and don't dwell on the negative. Anyhow, I LOVE Bear Canyon!

Posted October 23, 2009
I an a teacher at BCE and have worked in 5 different schools during the past 25 years. I must say that Bear Canyon is an exceptional school. The climate for students, parents and staff is second to none. It is a pleasure to come to work each day to see the true community effort between staff and parents. Because of my position at the school, I hear many conversations about students every day. Teachers at this school are always looking for new ideas to help all students learn and grow. The RTI process that is being implemented at Bear Canyon is an innovative way to make sure all children are taught and challenged in a way that will allow them to be successful. I believe Bear Canyon is an example of what a great public school should look like.

Posted July 27, 2009

Bear Canyon Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2009
Bear Canyon has a great teacher in Mrs. Burns. The rest, in my experience, are lacking. While they claim to be all about the kids, if your kid doesn't fit their perfect little student mold, they get singled out and made to feel that they can't do anything right. And forget the zero tolerance policy. Doesn't exist here. Bullying has been a problem for my child, and though Principal Weaver is a very nice man and does know all the kids by name, I'm not impressed by the way he has handled these ongoing problems. The best thing about this school is the music program. Julie Tobin rocks!

Bear Canyon Elementary School
9660 Salford Ln, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Bear Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Canyon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top