Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Thank you to Mrs. Dempsey. My family loves you and the work that you have done year after year with the kiddos.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Activities such as the Adopt a Family program encourage the children to get involved in their community and pay it forward.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Bear Canyon makes it a priority to teach its students self regulation in the areas of honesty and integrity and holds the children to a high standard.

Posted November 18, 2015
I have had three children grow through Bear Canyon and despite principal changes, this has been the best school for my kids. The teachers are awesome and they really care about the children's academic success as well as their overall character and well-being.

Posted July 16, 2014
My boys transferred to Bear Canyon from Wildcat Mountain when we moved. While I loved Wildcat I feel that Bear Canyon has been overall a better fit for my children. My 1st grader was tested and put in more challenging learning groups as well as offered more rigorous work. At the last school he was bored with the work because there wasn't enough of a challenge. My kinder kid was helped SO much with his needs in reading and language and grew leaps and bounds before the end of the year. Bear Canyon is an 'A' rated school with talented and dedicated teachers and staff. I'm not sure why this site has it rated 8/10 when other sites have rated 9 or 10!

Posted November 13, 2013
Our daughter is in Kindergarden and just loves it! She has already learned so much and is thriving. The students are exposed to a variety of specials and character development. A+

Posted August 20, 2013
I have a 1st grader and pre-Kindergartener at BCE and we couldn't be happier. Communication with the staff is easy and thorough, there are fun activities for the kids and families throughout the year and the teachers we've encountered so far are warm, caring and get the job done! We recently bought a new home and I made sure we only looked in the BCE boundaries.

Posted March 21, 2013
Two of my children are currently attending Bear Canyon, and we love it. The teachers are caring and innovative. They see each of my children as individuals and are interested in their progress. They email weekly and are very encouraging. It's an incredible school.

Posted February 20, 2013
I have had three children at Bear Canyon over a period of 12 years. We have been extremely happy with the quality of instruction, the level of competence of the teachers and other staff, and the atmosphere of the school. When my older two started Middle School, they were extremely well-prepared. In fact a few teachers at the Middle School attributed their readiness to their having attended Bear Canyon Elementary.

Posted December 19, 2012
I have had my oldest who is now 16 and my youngest who currently attends Bear Canyon. It is a wonderul school with lots of resources. Parents are very much involved. Oldest and youngest needed support in learning. They have a wonderful program to keeps your kids on track and not let the kids get left behind. Very caring teachers and parents. Highly recommend! As for not safe???? I would like to know what that is in reference to. Everything is secured and locked. I think it is pretty safe.

9660 Salford Ln, Highlands Ranch, CO  80126
Last modified Bear Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Canyon Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top