Bad
Good

My son attended Weld Central during the 2013-2014 school year. While I would love to sit her and blast what a horrible school it is, I won't. The Princial, Jamie Jefferies, is a wonderful woman and does an amazing job. Ms. Teter Reis is also amazing. But the district definately needs to step up the security. The phone lines are always going down leaving the school unsecured. Even though my son was beaten at school and emotionally and physically scarred, Ms. Jefferies did a phenomenal job handleing the situation. There are many areas that need to be fixed, but she is working on it. The workload my son had was good and he had plenty of teachers that were willing to help when he needed it. I can't say the same about the high school.

The best Music Educator we have seen. (Mr Ecker) He instills discipline, complex music education and a love for excellence in my kids. We have two kids that go here, and the school has a strong leadership in the Principal, (Ms Shriner) (assistant principal, not so much, she is rude and lacks communication/intrapersonal skills). Every school has it's negative aspects. But for most part, I would say this is a positive school with great teachers and a strong willingness to work with parents in partnership. In addition, I love that the "homework" is done in class, as it should be. My kids do have to bring home work at times, (my 8th grader has research projects she does at home sometimes) but the workload at home is not overwhelming. I would definitely recommend this school.

As the parent of a special needs kid, I can say this school is more interested in getting their money's worth out of some teaching curriculum than they are in genuinely helping the kids learn. We are looking at other schools in the area because nothing can be as poorly run as Weld Central Jr High.

Last modified Weld Central Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.