Collegiate Academy of Colorado 2

Posted May 07, 2015
We’ve been at the elementary school for the last 5 years. At first we were very impressed. The principal was wonderful with the kids, great with the parents, and the school was awesome. 3 years ago the Board of Directors fired the principals of both the elementary and secondary school. After a couple of management changes they promoted young, inexperienced teachers to the positions of Principal and Assistant Principal. They have tried very hard but they are inexperienced in dealing with the elementary children and it shows. The middle school and high school thrive while the elementary suffers. The changes in the teachers have been huge. Communication has suffered with very little cooperation. The teachers struggle to stay caught up and can’t tell us where our kids stand with regard to missing homework, etc. Fees are very high, fund raising is frequent and draining. My oldest son has been bullied both in the classroom and on the playground. In the classroom it was minimized and pushed aside. On the playground because of conflicting stories nothing was done. My children will not be back next year.

Posted September 26, 2014
I found this web site by accident but had to write something after reading the last comment. I think the last person is writing about a different school because I am a student at this school and I came here because of all the drama and bullying at my old middle school. I love this school because there isn't a popular and unpopular group and I can just be myself. I have tech class in one of the computer labs every day too so I know that there are computer labs at the school. My teachers are awesome and always help me after school if I have questions on homework or anything.

Collegiate Academy of Colorado 2

Posted September 06, 2014
This school do a great disservice in giving children a solid educations. If you are not among the popular group your child will be ignored and suffer. They boost about how great the community is. The only community they have is the school community and all the fund raising money comes from you. You may as well investing in putting your child in a private school. They'll get a much better education. If your child has an IEP, they will do as little as necessary to follow the IEP, just to get the government money. I placed my daughter into a regular school and she excelled leaps and bounds. She even learned how to use a computer, which Collegiate doesn't even have a lab or library. What a disservice you are doing to your child by having them attend this school.

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter was in kindergarten last year and we loved the school. It is a great place where parent involvement is strongly encouraged. I feel she gained so much knowledge and social skills with her class and teacher. We absolutely loved her teacher and other staff. They are very interested in our daughter's well-being. One of the things that brought us to this school is the small class size and the fact that they don't just teach to the State tests. There is so much more to learning than what is on those tests. While researching kindergartens we found so many of them just showed us a power point and said "this is what the state requires and this is what we teach". This school has seen some rough times prior to our joining them. The teachers are still here because they love the children. It is not just a job to them. If you want your children to be cared for in a great learning environment, please join us at Collegiate Academy.

Posted June 12, 2014
As a parent of three children at Collegiate I have to say that the rest of the education community can learn something from their K-12 model. As a school they care about the community they are building. Events are held for all students and families alike. Inside the classroom the teachers are caring and teach in a variety of different ways. I really appreciate that they do not place STATE TESTING at the center of how they judge success. My kids are so much more than test scores and Collegiate understands this. The leadership in the building is new, but I have found them to be approachable and easy to engage. They took over the school in a tough situation and have done a good job at taking steps to build for the future. They are young, and not perfect, but their commitment to my students education and the education of the community is obvious. Come to this school if you want to be apart of a true community. Go somewhere else if you just want to drop you kids off and then go about your day.

Collegiate Academy of Colorado 1

Posted June 09, 2014
Send your child here at your own risk. This school is awful. The leadership is unstable. There has been constant turn over of leadership and staff over the past several years (see the number of job openings they have posted right now on their web site). The principal and vice principal are non-responsive, unfriendly and inexperienced. The first is the brains while the second is the brawn. Neither are effective leaders in their own right and, together, they re a hot mess. There are no clear policies and procedures for families to reference for clarification of any practice. This leaves everything open to interpretation and allows for most decisions to be made arbitrarily by the two heads (which in this case is not better than one). Children cannot thrive in an environment like this. Again, send them at your own risk.

Collegiate Academy of Colorado 1

Posted February 11, 2014
Great caring teachers - awful leadership. Care more about bottom line than students well being. Last week students were wearing gloves and coats in class because the heating system was not repaired last year when they were notified of a problem. Student fell and injured herself on an uncleared sidewalk because the administration did not want to pay the company that plows the lots to shovel as well. Technology is pathetic with 15 to 20 year old computers, obscure software and no tech teacher. We willnot be returning.

Posted January 21, 2014
I am a parent of an elementary and junior high student and have been at Collegiate for 4 years now. This school has meet and or exceeded our goals for each of our students. Our students each learn differently and the small class size and amazing teachers have helped both to succeed and thrive in their education. They are getting the best possible education that our county offers and they will be so prepared for their future in higher education where ever that takes them.

Posted January 20, 2014
We have kids in 2nd and 9th grade at CAC. Administration has been very impressive in all their duties. Very "hands-on" and "in-the-know" with everything going on in the school. Small class sizes, caring and professional teachers, challenging and relevant curriculum, involved community of staff, parents, and students - isn't this what we're all looking for in a school in today's world

Posted December 02, 2013
The teaches at Collegiate are all fantastic. My son is in first grade and loves to go to school, he is learning so fast and making great friends.

Collegiate Academy of Colorado
8420 South Sangre De Cristo Rd, Littleton, CO  80127
Last modified Collegiate Academy of Colorado is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collegiate Academy of Colorado Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top