Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Awesome. Haven't had a bad interaction yet. We had one misunderstanding early on, met with the teacher and principal, and talked things through. Nothing but good stuff since.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some subjects have a lot of homework, others not so much. Math can be a bit overwhelming, but I understand the way the program is designed to teach through lots of practice. I think it will pay off for our kids in the long run.

Develops character: Agree

Absolutely. Integrity and ownership come up all the time when my kids and I talk about their day.

School has an intimate family feel, dedicated teachers and administration, challenging curriculum, and emphasis on values.

We have had a wonderful transition to Collegiate after moving from school to school following my husband's job. The staff, from the top down, make this a great environment for my kids to learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers we have are amazing. The time and dedication they put into both of my kids, who are polar opposites when it comes to school, continues to impress me.

Amount of homework: no rating

A lot of parents think there is too much homework. I think that the amount is fair and although we do spend around an hour on homework after school, it is easier for me to justify than in some of our previous schools where they homework felt like busywork.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I like the fact that discipline always is tied in to the school's values. Integrity is one of those values, but more importantly, I think that connecting behavior consequences to values builds character and makes discipline less subjective.

This has been a wonderful transfer to Collegiate Academy. My Kids are in 4th grade and 2nd grade. We came from Bradford Primary, let's just say how much my kiddos say that we are at a new school. We love the teachers and the families that represent our school. The Principal and Vice Principal are out every AM and PM with our kiddos. The staff are amazing and REALLY do care about our children and the families! This school is a wonderful blessing!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Even though my daughter has only been at this school for about 6 weeks, I have spoken to every one of her teachers and they know her better than any teacher at her past school. They push her, and that's a good thing. They also stay after school to support her when she hits a wall or has questions. There is a balance here I haven't seen elsewhere.

Last modified Collegiate Academy of Colorado is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.