Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Collegiate Academy of Colorado 5

Posted March 03, 2016
We have had a wonderful transition to Collegiate after moving from school to school following my husband's job. The staff, from the top down, make this a great environment for my kids to learn.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 03, 2016
I appreciate the accessibility and openness of the administration to parents. At our old school, I felt like I was bothering the principal if I had a question or issue to talk about. I've been impressed that the principal and vice principal will both drop what they are doing to meet with me without making me feel like I am wasting their time.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 03, 2016
The teachers we have are amazing. The time and dedication they put into both of my kids, who are polar opposites when it comes to school, continues to impress me.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted March 03, 2016
A lot of parents think there is too much homework. I think that the amount is fair and although we do spend around an hour on homework after school, it is easier for me to justify than in some of our previous schools where they homework felt like busywork.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
Perseverance is a common theme for us in school, especially in math where my child struggles. I am thankful for the constant encouragement from his teacher, but also the fact that his teacher continues to challenge him at his level.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
When the teachers or the principal work with my son, they treat him with respect even when he is at fault for behavior. I believe that modeling respect this way truly creates the same expectation for the student's.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
I like the fact that discipline always is tied in to the school's values. Integrity is one of those values, but more importantly, I think that connecting behavior consequences to values builds character and makes discipline less subjective.

Collegiate Academy of Colorado 5

Posted January 11, 2016
This has been a wonderful transfer to Collegiate Academy. My Kids are in 4th grade and 2nd grade. We came from Bradford Primary, let's just say how much my kiddos say that we are at a new school. We love the teachers and the families that represent our school. The Principal and Vice Principal are out every AM and PM with our kiddos. The staff are amazing and REALLY do care about our children and the families! This school is a wonderful blessing!!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 29, 2015
All of the teachers and staff are amazing, but Ms. Cross has been a phenomenal teacher, advocate, coach, and counselor for my daughter.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 29, 2015
Even though my daughter has only been at this school for about 6 weeks, I have spoken to every one of her teachers and they know her better than any teacher at her past school. They push her, and that's a good thing. They also stay after school to support her when she hits a wall or has questions. There is a balance here I haven't seen elsewhere.

8420 Sangre De Cristo Road, Littleton, CO  80127
Last modified Collegiate Academy of Colorado is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.