Littleton, CO
Before care: Yes

Coronado Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2013
This is a bad school. We had a good teacher for first, second, and third grades and an average teacher for fourth. However, a long-term sub in fifth was a bad teacher. She yelled at and humiliated kids. There was no learning, and all work was sent home as homework. After multiple complaints, the school still ignored the problems we were facing. We have now moved to another school, and are happier. My child also faced bullying ignored by the school's staff. She was advenced, but was unchallenged, even in the GT program.

Posted August 30, 2013
We love Coronado! This school is a GT magnet school for the district, and it shows throughout the entire school. The school is great at teaching social skills as well as traditional academics. The entire school is on a token-system for encouraging positive behavior. The teachers all are familiar with the social/emotional needs of gifted learners as well as the academic needs. Our child hasn't been successful in other environments, but he is very successful at Coronado. The entire school is friendly and the teachers and administrators know every child and family by name. Chess club is the most popular activity, and Legos are the most-played-with toy in after-care. Parent involvement is high, but it doesn't feel cliquish. The school is also proactive and attentive to children on IEPs. The school psychologist is great. They really focus on the needs of the individual child, and will provide services if they deem it will benefit a child, regardless of whether or not the child is on an IEP or 504 plan. I can't say enough positive things about this school. It's such a positive and inclusive learning environment.

Posted August 29, 2013
We love this school. The gifted and talented program is superb! Also the teachers are wonderful, encouraging my children to reach their full potential. We couldn't be happier with this school and would recommend it without hesitation.

Posted November 14, 2012
I love this school. My kids love this school. Great teachers, great parents, great principal.

Coronado Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2010
I am in fifth grade gt at Coronado and so far it's been a really good school for over the past five years I have been at the school. The aids during recess can be snappy sometimes but the school whole strives for excellence and achieves it. Come to Coronado and have a blast!

Coronado Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2009

Posted October 03, 2008
My son has been at Coronado for a few years now and loves the school. Almost all of his teachers have been great and seem to really pay attention to the needs of individual students.

Posted September 25, 2008
Coronado is a great school with a dedicated staff and a pricipal with a great vision. Students are challenged with the curriculum.

Coronado Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2007
I have very many concerns about this school. And concerns on the saftey of our children while in the care of this school.

Posted June 11, 2007
Coronado has a wonderful staff and a fantastic principle! The PTA is so active, what a great asset to the school. My children love their school!

Coronado Elementary School
7922 South Carr, Littleton, CO  80128
Last modified Coronado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top