Littleton, CO
Students enrolled: 1,518

Posted October 17, 2014
Not a diverse school at all even when it comes to employees. Admin will say they have your back but will talk badly once you leave. The worst school I have ever coached at. Lack of disrespect from both parents and kids. Would highly recomand not being employed by this school or sending your child here if they are of a colored minority group.

Posted February 25, 2014
Not very diverse. Poor administration. Teachers are poor at motivating students. It has a terrible environment. Too much busy work and not enough analytic work.

Posted April 29, 2012
I wanted to comment on whoever said Dakota has mainly 4A sports. Actually the only sport at the school that is 4A is football. Every other sport is 5A. But none the less, it is still easier to get onto a team at Dakota compared to other schools. And Cross Country, Tennis and Track are no-cut sports meaning anyone can join!

Posted April 27, 2012
Dakota Ridge is a wonderful high school. I am senior this year at Dakota and these last four years here have been amazing! I cannot rave enough about the teachers here (they are wonderful), the faculty and the extracurricular activities. The teachers at Dakota take the time to personally get to know you, and understand who you are as a person and what they can do to help you strive in their class. They also make it a point to support you. I had several teachers who went to my cross country meets to cheer me on. It was nice to know that they do really care about you. I also really enjoyed the many ways to get involved at the school. There are several sports, with tennis, cross country and track being no-cut sports, several clubs and music groups. I have many friends who participated in choirs and instrumental music groups and loved it so much. They also put a lot of emphasis at the school on community outreach. Every year they choose an organization to work with that year to raise money for. They participate in Relay for Life a cancer race. They also hold an annual Trick or Treat Street and an Easter Egg hunt. I loved Dakota Ridge and would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted August 24, 2011
I am the parent of 2 Dakota Ridge students, and I think it is a great school! I love the newer building, eager staff, and nice kids. I have one honors student who will thrive wherever she goes. She is very challenged in her classes, and has many options at Dakota, including the new IB program they offer. My other child struggled with grades as a Freshman, but luckily the counselors stepped in, made some adjustments with his classes, and he has been getting a 3.0 average for the last 2 years. Both kids have always had to earn their grades: Dakota does not slide anyone through. And I disagree about the sports comments: since most of Dakota's sports are 4A, my kids have been able to get onto the Varsity teams easier than, say, larger 5A high schools. So that part has been very good for them as well.

Posted May 03, 2011
We have one student at Dakota and one following in the near future. We couldn't be happier with the classes offered, the teachers, faculty support system, and incredible community involvement. The counselors are there to help each and every student with college planning and encourage parental involvement in all aspects. There is not a negative word we could say about Dakota Ridge.

Dakota Ridge Senior High School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
Jeffco School district is in charge of all field upkeep and is not paid by the school. Please double check your facts before posting inaccurate information. My student is happy at Dakota due to it has strong teachers that challenge and make him work. He has to earn his grades. There are numerous opportunities for assistance and help, but it is the obligation of him as a student to put in the effort also. Good job! Good school!

Posted May 25, 2010
I'm concerned as a grandparent of a student of this school and a Jeffco taxpayer that the graduating class of 2010 is not 100% but yet it spent $30,000 to fertilize an athletic field.

Posted April 23, 2010
We have sent all 3 of our kids to Dakota Ridge; the last one is a Junior. They all speak glowingly of the school and its faculty, and the older two are currently doing well in college. I would very highly recommend Dakota Ridge!

Posted April 21, 2010
Does not meet the needs of my 3 children that go there. The teachers pick favorites and leave them out of classroom activities. The teachers only think that the kids can do it on there own instead of helping them. I tranferd my kids to Bear Creek and they love it. They say the teachers are hands on, and very helpful. my kids each have a 3.0 at bc and at dakota they had a 1.5 gpa I suggest bear creek.

Dakota Ridge Senior High School
13399 West Coal Mine Ave, Littleton, CO  80127
(303) 982-1970
Last modified Dakota Ridge Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dakota Ridge Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top